All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi twinkletips69 I know exactly how you feel because when I see them I cringe, it is an insult to us hard working blood sweating nail technicians looool. Never mind we are still the champions :lol::lol:

Hi twinkletips69 I know exactly how you feel because when I see them I cringe, it is an insult to us hard working blood sweating nail technicians looool. Never mind we are still the champions :lol::lol:

They are not an insult, they are just a different way of doing things. They wont be everyones cup of tea but thats fair enough, but an insult? Have you used them yourself to see?

Really you cringe?? How bizarre.

Time to set your ego aside my dear. If I can you can.

It is the commercial possibilities in business that count and if you don't get it, or can't see them, then stand aside and watch those who do and can overtake your business and leave you in the dust.

You know what they say ... If you can't make dust you eat dust. :green:

Well I've been having a bit of a play and I'm quite impressed. I will definately be using them for overlaying (NNO & T&O) rather then sculpting.

What I've done is along way from perfect but I can see the potential in them. I've had some little bubbles, some huge bubblesand some uneven edges. I've left them and just replaced a couple here and there as I get a chance and every time I can see the improvement.

I'm currently wearing a chocolate brown set & my daughter is wearing a lime green set that everybody is commenting on. As soon as I get them looking descent I'll post a pic of hers. I don't think I'll ever do a colour overlay any other way, the shine is brilliant.

One thing I am having trouble with is the corners seem to be chipping. ???

Well I've been having a bit of a play and I'm quite impressed. I will definately be using them for overlaying (NNO & T&O) rather then sculpting.

One thing I am having trouble with is the corners seem to be chipping. ???

All that is telling you is that when you have loaded the PopIt, you have not got enough at the sides to follow through to the free edge. Make sure you do. :hug:

All that is telling you is that when you have loaded the PopIt, you have not got enough at the sides to follow through to the free edge. Make sure you do. :hug:
That makes sense. Thanks:hug:

hi i keep getting tiny air bubbles when im doing popits, does anyone know what im doing wrong and how i can fix it:confused:

i get the same if i try to do them without glitter..stuck

Hi I have practiced extensively using popits on myself and friends to the point where I felt quite comfortable trying them on a client.
The lady was having natural tips with a perfect pink overlay.
For some reason the perfect pink didn't set properly. It set to a rubber like consistency. When I tried to buff it, it just came off in lumps. I applied each of the popits and held them in place for approx 15 seconds, and when I let go of my hold, the popits lifted away from the product.
I am curious to know if any one has had this problem and what may have caused it. I've not had it happen to me before
Thanks
Karen

Hi Doll

Sounds like the popit is not the correct size for the nail with it lifting after holding it for 15 secs. have you over worked the product when applying to the popit before popping it onto the nail..

I had loads of problems when I first started to practise with them but I still dont feel 100% confident with them yet lol....xxxx

Hi
The popits were the correct sizes. I didn't overwork the product.Just did my usual. Let the bead rest for 10 seconds or so before pressing it into place.
I was really stumped as to what went wrong.
Thanks
Karen

sorry doll like a said im new at the popit stuff to.. I had problem always with 1 or 2 nails that looked cloudy and I was advised by fellow geeks it was my mix ratio...xxxlol

hope you fiure it out and message me if you do just incase i come across problem in the future...xxxxx

Hi
The popits were the correct sizes. I didn't overwork the product.Just did my usual. Let the bead rest for 10 seconds or so before pressing it into place.
I was really stumped as to what went wrong.
Thanks
Karen

Sounds weird, Karen. Sounds as if the product just didn't set! Were the clients hands very cold? Did you pop off the POpIt too soon?
Anyway, one thing is for certain, if the product was as you describe .. it was not set properly before the PopIt was removed. always tap the PopIt with your brush handle and listen for a sharp click ... if you do not hear it, then the product has not set. Do not remove the PopIt until it has!

Hi Geeg Yes my client's hands were very cold. The room was comfortable but she said she has circulation problems due to a drug she takes for heart disease (warfarin). Even my hot little paws didn't warm her hands where I was touching her. I left the popit on for a fair bit longer than I normally would and I tested it by tapping with my brush and it sounded ok but you are right as obviously the product hadn't set. A lesson learnt for next time.
Cheers
Karen

Please tell me several sites I can purchase these poppits from with US phone numbers or emails as the long threads seem to offer everything but this and when the young lady did ask, it was personally sent to her. I mean, do you have to be a part of the illuminati or something to get access? LOL Please help I wanna try them

Omg i have lost the plot with my poppits and have no idea what i have done differently. I have done some amazing sets , but all of a sudden i am gettinig loads of bubbles in the cuticle area, help what am i doing cos i can not for the life of me think what it is.

Bebeautiful i think u are an amazing person and therapist but in regards to the poppits , they are fantastic and will help so many therapists with there businesses. I for one am one of thoses people, poppits have given me nail extensions back in my salon and people love them, so if my clients are happy i am toxxx

Omg i have lost the plot with my poppits and have no idea what i have done differently. I have done some amazing sets , but all of a sudden i am gettinig loads of bubbles in the cuticle area, help what am i doing cos i can not for the life of me think what it is.

Bebeautiful i think u are an amazing person and therapist but in regards to the poppits , they are fantastic and will help so many therapists with there businesses. I for one am one of thoses people, poppits have given me nail extensions back in my salon and people love them, so if my clients are happy i am toxxx

Not enough product in the zone 3 area and it is spreading too thinly. Better too much than too little always.

Please tell me several sites I can purchase these poppits from with US phone numbers or emails as the long threads seem to offer everything but this and when the young lady did ask, it was personally sent to her. I mean, do you have to be a part of the illuminati or something to get access? LOL Please help I wanna try them

LOL illuminati!! :lol: Just email [email protected] and she will send some to you. can't give you any info re the USA as it all seems to be highly disorganised there where the PopIts/Dual System forms distributor is concerned, they simply do not know what they are doing. Sweet Squared do know what they are doing so contact them. :hug:

I just wondered if any of you that have tried them have tried to do the free edge with white or other colour in the form using l&p, if so does it take significantly longer and what if any problems did you find occured? I am just curious because I was hoping to get a lovely finish on my right hand.

I do the french all the time using popits. I put a thin layer of white powder just enough to creat a white free edge. Then when you apply the pink it usually spreads from uder the form so it will automatically build up the thickness of your free edge. One tip though: Keep your natural nails short when applying popits.
And I think it takes much less time (no buffing or filing). The longest part is actually curving a nice smile line. I help myself by puting a clean popit on my nail an tracing my smile line with a permanent market on top of it.
Hope that helps.

I do the french all the time using popits. I put a thin layer of white powder just enough to creat a white free edge. Then when you apply the pink it usually spreads from uder the form so it will automatically build up the thickness of your free edge. One tip though: Keep your natural nails short when applying popits.
And I think it takes much less time (no buffing or filing). The longest part is actually curving a nice smile line. I help myself by puting a clean popit on my nail an tracing my smile line with a permanent market on top of it.
Hope that helps.

Hi Sonya,

Would you be applying a natural tip on the nail 1st?

If you place your white in the free edge thinly, could you then use your method to do a custom blended powder into zones 2 & 3? If you say the 'pink' speads under the white, it would not therefore go over it and dull the smile then? I hope that's the case, as it makes it sound very quick to custom blend!

Latest posts

Back