All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening all!

Not sure if I should be posting in another existing thread - pls let me know if i should.

My question is. Has anybody had problems with brisa smoothing chipping and how did you rectify it? Im doing thin layer so cant be that. Iv used it on around 6 ppl and I know that two have had chips,one after around two weeks and one around the one week mark.

So, what are the main reason for nails to chip with smoothing gel and shellac on them.

I try to look at all aspects :

client care - are they known pickers or biters, does their lifestyle mean they are hard on their nails, do they follow aftercare to the letter.

If you know in your heart they are good to their nails, then :

nail condition - if you are using smoothing gel then unless ridges are the problem then you are probably using it because of shellac issues in the past. How flimsy are their nails, do they really need to be on sculpting gel for extra strength. Have you really prepped properly all over the nail surface and removed any peeling and shortened the length of the nail to something they can work with.

Lastly are they completely honest with you, lol you would be surprised how often I hear OH MY THEY JUST FELL OFF. I find picking sellotape or opening boxes to be the biggest cause of chips, second to opening cupboards, boots of cars and undoing watches or jewellery catches. There is always an answer and very rarely do people chip of break a nail without knowing. I know I don't cos I generally cry xxxxx

Just a quickie, I want to use brisa lite smoothing gel with a glitter tip (which based on the colour I'm using will look best over a shellac colour) so my question is, which top coat do I use? Brisa lite top coat because the majority of the nail is just the gel...?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I would use your BL smoothing gel plus a coat of clearly pink Shellac then do your glitter tip and finish off with Shellac Top Coat.

Do I charge 20% on top of shellac for brisa smoothing including shellac?? I charge £19for shellac so if I was using smoothing alone would It be £22.80 and smoothing and shellac more? Hope that makes sense?!

Do I charge 20% on top of shellac for brisa smoothing including shellac?? I charge £19for shellac so if I was using smoothing alone would It be £22.80 and smoothing and shellac more? Hope that makes sense?![/

I recommend you read the whole thread as this question has been asked and answered more fully on the very first page of the thread, question number 14!

If you have a client who can't wear shellac (for what ever reason it just peels of after 4 days) would you say the smoothing gel should last longer or will her nails still be unsuitable? I tried smoothing on this client and it peeled of in 7 days, she's delighted! But I wanted it to last longer! She is only my 2nd application with me being the 1st and 4 of mine chipped ( shellac on it's own never chips on me!) so I'm thinking it may be due to me still learning?!

If you have a client who can't wear shellac (for what ever reason it just peels of after 4 days) would you say the smoothing gel should last longer or will her nails still be unsuitable? I tried smoothing on this client and it peeled of in 7 days, she's delighted! But I wanted it to last longer! She is only my 2nd application with me being the 1st and 4 of mine chipped ( shellac on it's own never chips on me!) so I'm thinking it may be due to me still learning?!

I would venture to guess that you applied the smoothing gel too thickly on your nails. I did the same thing on a couple of mine and those were the ones that 'flipped up' on the free edge (middle and index fingers of my right hand) after about 8 days. I also did not use my Solar Oil (experiment).

I have no problems wearing Shellac on its own either and don't really need the Smoothing gel on my nails. However I am on my 2nd set now, done much thinner, using Solar Oil daily and they are looking and wearing 'marvellous'. :lol: as I knew they would do; the whole application felt different.

Give yourself a chance to get acquainted with this new product.

I think your client should next have the BL Sculpting gel and see what that does for her. If you have a willing 'victim' then use her for your experimenting. Make sure you include your Cuticle Away in your PEP ... It does make a difference, a big one.

I try to look at all aspects :

client care - are they known pickers or biters, does their lifestyle mean they are hard on their nails, do they follow aftercare to the letter.
If you know in your heart they are good to their nails, then :
I know one used ther oil and one doesnt.

nail condition - if you are using smoothing gel then unless ridges are the problem then you are probably using it because of shellac issues in the past. How flimsy are their nails, do they really need to be on sculpting gel for extra strength. Have you really prepped properly all over the nail surface and removed any peeling and shortened the length of the nail to something they can work with.
both are totally different, one client has bendy nails the other has very strong nails but sometimes gets a little de-lamination on a couple of fingers which then break.

Lastly are they completely honest with you, lol you would be surprised how often I hear OH MY THEY JUST FELL OFF. I find picking sellotape or opening boxes to be the biggest cause of chips, second to opening cupboards, boots of cars and undoing watches or jewellery catches. There is always an answer and very rarely do people chip of break a nail without knowing. I know I don't cos I generally cry xxxxx

yeah, one admits to not using her oil, i do give her a kick in the shins when she says this the other girl is very careful.

thanks for your help.

I would venture to guess that you applied the smoothing gel too thickly on your nails. I did the same thing on a couple of mine and those were the ones that 'flipped up' on the free edge (middle and index fingers of my right hand) after about 8 days. I also did not use my Solar Oil (experiment).

I have no problems wearing Shellac on its own either and don't really need the Smoothing gel on my nails. However I am on my 2nd set now, done much thinner, using Solar Oil daily and they are looking and wearing 'marvellous'. :lol: as I knew they would do; the whole application felt different.

Give yourself a chance to get acquainted with this new product.

I think your client should next have the BL Sculpting gel and see what that does for her. If you have a willing 'victim' then use her for your experimenting. Make sure you include your Cuticle Away in your PEP ... It does make a difference, a big one.

Thank you Geeg, I had a feeling I may have applied it to thick on my own nails, once they chipped I really realised how thick it was! I have to say its not wearing as nicely as shellac does, so that's probably down to it being to thick aswell?

My poor client bless her, she's a very willing victim! Just wish I could it all last a bit longer! Do you think her nails are just not suited to shellac? I don't do enhancements yet..........!

This may be a daft question but I'm guessing if shellac peels of her finger nails it will do the same on her toes? And another question would minx last do you think on her nails? She's my 'victim' for that!

Thank you Geeg, I had a feeling I may have applied it to thick on my own nails, once they chipped I really realised how thick it was! I have to say its not wearing as nicely as shellac does, so that's probably down to it being to thick aswell?

My poor client bless her, she's a very willing victim! Just wish I could it all last a bit longer! Do you think her nails are just not suited to shellac? I don't do enhancements yet..........!

This may be a daft question but I'm guessing if shellac peels of her finger nails it will do the same on her toes? And another question would minx last do you think on her nails? She's my 'victim' for that!

Toenails are not fingernails so I think you would be wrong to make that assumption. Try it all and see. I can't tell you the answers re her nails.

i have a couple of ladies where shellac on their fingers doenst last very long at all (well untill Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel !!) anything and everything works and stays on their toes, including Shellac

kx

Toenails are not fingernails so I think you would be wrong to make that assumption. Try it all and see. I can't tell you the answers re her nails.

Thanks, just thought that what ever makes her nails unsuitable for shellac would affect her toe nails are well, but like you say, should never assume these things! Think she'll be quite happy with getting a pedi next to experiment!x

Ok dumb arse question but how long does it take to cure each layer for the Brisa lite smoothing gel? Also I want to use a shellac colour and a glitter, so would I do the Brisa lite base coat, the smoothing gel, then shellac colour then the glitter then the Brisa lite top coat?

Ok dumb arse question but how long does it take to cure each layer for the Brisa lite smoothing gel? Also I want to use a shellac colour and a glitter, so would I do the Brisa lite base coat, the smoothing gel, then shellac colour then the glitter then the Brisa lite top coat?

You use the top coat for the last product you use! So if you apply shellac last then it's shellac top coat, if you apply brisa lite last, then brisa lite top coat! :) xxx

this question has been asked and answered here on the thread several times. Why not read it all?

this question has been asked and answered here on the thread several times. Why not read it all?

Highly recommend reading this thread. I've read it 10's of times and learn something new each time.
It's like a training manual in itself :)

Anyone doing the Brisa Light Training should read through this thread a few times before going to the class .. Reinforcement by repetition is one of the best ways to get information to stay in your head permanently!:hug:

Anyone doing the Brisa Light Training should read through this thread a few times before going to the class .. Reinforcement by repetition is one of the best ways to get information to stay in your head permanently!:hug:

That and having some of the best educators in the country help you. OMG Liza Smith was amazing yesterday at Pro Beauty.

Your daughter is lovely too Geeg first time Ive ever spoken to her. xxx

Will there be a brisa lite sculpting course? Will we learn how to use forms on this or is it mainly product knowledge?

Also, at the moment I don't know how to sculpt by using forms. If I want to do a white tip am I right in thinking one would use a clear tip? What stage would I apply the white smile one? ( if I use bl white rather than dong it in shellac) .

How would i clean my Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Brush ?? I know this has been asked before in this thread but there are two different answers and i would just like to clarify !!
Would i use d-Sperse ? or ScrubFresh ? on a lint free pad
Many thanks.

Last edited:
How would i clean my Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Brush ?? I know this has been asked before in this thread but there are two different answers and i would just like to clarify !!
Would i use d-Sperse ? or ScrubFresh ? on a lint free pad
Many thanks.

D-Sperse on lint free pad :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back