All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client who doesn't want to keep having her Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel soaked off every 2-3 weeks as she has the same thing each time.

Her nails are weak and peeling and since changing her from Shellac to a combination of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel and Shellac we have seen some great results, just regrowth as opposed to a few chips at the free edge.

Question is, she now has Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel with the Shellac over the top. Do I have to file all the Shellac off, then infill? Or can I just file to maintain a smooth finish if needed, infill with BLSCG and then shellac the regrowth, sealing the entire nail with Shellac top coat?

I hope that makes sense, it did in my head!

You should file off the Shellac (but I would use VINYLUX for colour in the case of BLSCG) then do your maintenance and the re-apply your colour.

Thanks, that sounds easier. Do you freeze cure each nail for 10 seconds before applying the 2nd bead?
It's up to you .. I do 5 at a time.

You should file off the Shellac (but I would use VINYLUX for colour in the case of BLSCG) then do your maintenance and the re-apply your colour.

Oh ok, interesting! So I can wipe off vinylux with shellac remover as I would a normal polish? Then carry on as I said before? Will vinylux stay on for 3 weeks with the sculpting gel? She wears cocoa and m&r, will I find a suitable to match/layer?

Hello, Holly (fingernail fixer) placed a video on her FB & twitter page regarding BLSCG. She said it was for those that didn't go to The Event. Is this what we will learn in the Build It Class? Thx.

Post the link to her video please.

@FingerNailFixer: Kelly, Fee, and Amanda cover fitting forms before going into sculpting gel. Couldn't make it to the event? Here... http://t.co/RbhYVROURS

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LV8_G49Zi8&h=EAQGPb-hh&s=1

I hope this works Geeg! My issue is I have a client with a vertical tear in her nail & all I want to do is use BLScG as an overlay then Shellac. I have tried repeatedly with BLSmG but it just lifts away after a week. She is also fed up with having to keep her nail short!
Many thanks 😄

Ok I have posted once but it didn't work... how annoying!

My question is: will the vinylux last the 3 weeks on top of BLSCG? And do I just remove it like normal polish with shellac remover? She has cocoa & m&r is there a vinylux to match?
Another question, do CND still sell the old colour & effects? If so is there a colour to match and would it last? x

Can anyone help please?

I have a question if you use Blscg do you sculpt bl top coat then shellac colour + top coat and if you sculpt Blscg do you use bl top coat then vinylux + top coat they probably said at the event but can't remember? Xxx

I have a question if you use Blscg do you sculpt bl top coat then shellac colour + top coat and if you sculpt Blscg do you use bl top coat then vinylux + top coat they probably said at the event but can't remember? Xxx

If you're using BL sculpting gel then going to use shellac you finish the enhancement (so file finishing) but omit BL topcoat and just proceed with 2 x shellac colour then shellac topcoat.

Any polish will last on an enhanced nail.

What about the right colour match for shellac cocoa and m&r either in colour and effects or vinylux?

If you're using BL sculpting gel then going to use shellac you finish the enhancement (so file finishing) but omit BL topcoat and just proceed with 2 x shellac colour then shellac topcoat.
That's what I do!

What about the right colour match for shellac cocoa and m&r either in colour and effects or vinylux?
Cocoa and Moonlight and Roses are not in the Vinylux range, and I thought colour and effects were discontinued ?

Why don't you go on the sweet squared website and look through the Vinylux colours to see if there is one that is similar to your layered colour, that would be the quickest and easiest way to find out surely ?

Quick question ! If I am applying vinylux over BL smoothing gel would I still apply BL topcoat or do you apply topcoat then buff off shine then apply vinylux as you would with BL sculpting gel ? 😄

Cocoa and Moonlight and Roses are not in the Vinylux range, and I thought colour and effects were discontinued ?

Why don't you go on the sweet squared website and look through the Vinylux colours to see if there is one that is similar to your layered colour, that would be the quickest and easiest way to find out surely ?

They are still selling the colours & effects (and this is what I have in now) but I'm not sure which, if any, match the colours I need. The same applies for Vinylux. I asked here as just thought with the amount if techs using the product someone would know. But yes your right, I will ring! I'm gonna be stick though I bet!

Quick question ! If I am applying vinylux over BL smoothing gel would I still apply BL topcoat or do you apply topcoat then buff off shine then apply vinylux as you would with BL sculpting gel ? 😄

When applying CND Vinylux to Brisa Lite we do not recommend applying Brisa Lite Top Coat to EITHER the Smoothing or the Sculpting System.

After curing Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for 2 mins in the CND Lamp use IPA (d.sperce) to remove the top film and go directly to CND Vinylux Color, finish with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

After curing Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel for 2 mins in the CND Lamp use IPA (d.sperce) to remove the top film and file finish to perfect, then clean with IPA (d.sperce) and go directly to CND Vinylux Color, finish with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Always finish Brisa Lite Removable Gels with the Top Coat of the Color System you used over the gel, whether that is CND Shellac or Vinylux.

If your client wants the beautiful 3 week wear Brisa Lite promises I'd recommend using CND Shellac vs Vinylux, but if they absolutely must have Vinylux then retail them the colour and the Weekly Top Coat for touch ups at home - it's unlikely to chip, but it most certainly will WEAR a little on the ends before the client hits the 3 week mark.

When applying CND Vinylux to Brisa Lite we do not recommend applying Brisa Lite Top Coat to EITHER the Smoothing or the Sculpting System.

After curing Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for 2 mins in the CND Lamp use IPA (d.sperce) to remove the top film and go directly to CND Vinylux Color, finish with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

After curing Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel for 2 mins in the CND Lamp use IPA (d.sperce) to remove the top film and file finish to perfect, then clean with IPA (d.sperce) and go directly to CND Vinylux Color, finish with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Always finish Brisa Lite Removable Gels with the Top Coat of the Color System you used over the gel, whether that is CND Shellac or Vinylux.

If your client wants the beautiful 3 week wear Brisa Lite promises I'd recommend using CND Shellac vs Vinylux, but if they absolutely must have Vinylux then retail them the colour and the Weekly Top Coat for touch ups at home - it's unlikely to chip, but it most certainly will WEAR a little on the ends before the client hits the 3 week mark.

Great informative reply. One query. If using vinylux over BL smoothing or sculpting gel and applying as per your advice above, would it be helpful to reapply the vinylux topcoat after each week until rebalance/removal at week 3? Thanks

Thank you Weefee 😄
I was having a bit if a play on myself. I had just soaked off my shellac over BL smoothing and as my nails are shot at the moment ( ex acrylic) I need the extra strength of the BL smoothing. My aim is to be able to change my polish whilst not compromising the BLSG but I am not sure if this will be possible?!

If using vinylux over BL smoothing or sculpting gel and applying as per your advice above, would it be helpful to reapply the vinylux topcoat after each week until rebalance/removal at week 3? Thanks
You sure could but it might not be necessary.

I was having a bit if a play on myself. I had just soaked off my shellac over BL smoothing and as my nails are shot at the moment ( ex acrylic) I need the extra strength of the BL smoothing. My aim is to be able to change my polish whilst not compromising the BLSG but I am not sure if this will be possible?!

If you or a client needs more protection than polish alone, but wants to wear colour they can change up every few days at home, we recommend permanent Brisa Gel as the enhancement coating rather than Brisa Lite.
Brisa Gloss Gel Top Coat which we finish every Brisa nail enhancement with (and can also use to finish L&P) is EXTREMELY resistent to solvents. This means you can use Nourishing Remover or acetone EVERY DAY to remove Vinylux and your enhancements will be undamaged for up to three weeks!

Latest posts

Back