Antony's winning Nails xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what did they have to do ???
This was the task at hand so to speak:

Work has to be done in form-technique.

The goal is to create moons which have to have 150% of the brightness of the nail-top

Both hands have to be worked on in Dramatic French
(pink & white)

Every competitor may choose between 3 or 4 color-technique (3 color: white, gentle white and pink/peach OR 4 color: white, gentle white, clear and pink/peach

The length of the nails have to show a ratio of 3:2 between nail bed and the white top, e.g. if the nail bed has 15mm , the top must be 10 mm.

Work on the tunnels as dramatically as possible without having the sidelines hang down

The right hand must be lacquered!

The competitors bring their own varnish , color: red, e.g. Ferrari-red. The white free edges must not shine through the polish.

The thumbs must be completed by the participant the day before the contest. The right thumb has to be lacquered in red, the left thumb must have a white tip. (Judged are only eight nails, the thumbs are for the look only when making the fotos of the

This was not allowed:
Drill machines are not admitted

French-Tips and all other tips

All kinds of UV- Curing Gels, UV- Curing Gel Sealer, UV- Curing High Gloss Gels, Resin, Brush On, Spray On, Fiberglas.

All kinds of Lacquers, Ridgefiller, Base Coats, Top Coats, Sealing Coats and High Gloss Top Coats

Polish-drying spray

No oil may be under the nail or in the nail fold.

The nail-skin and/or the fingers must not shine or look greasy.
For more indepth info on this competition here is a link: http://www.world-nail-championship.com/englisch/seiten/wettkampf/wettkampf.htm

HTH a little
Rooffiiee x

Those rules are so tough, makes you think about how much more was actually involved....did you have your ruler out to check those measurements? So much more to pass on for sure.

Was that Samuel Sweet with a beer and a short haircut? Looking good!!!

Cathie! said:
Those rules are so tough, makes you think about how much more was actually involved....did you have your ruler out to check those measurements? So much more to pass on for sure.

actually we did, they were supplied by the organisers!

and yes that was sam!

Did you use the ruler for your measurements, or did you rely on your eye? I have a bet on the answer!

Cathie! said:

I just thought too Cathie!!! :lol:

Cathie! said:
Did you use the ruler for your measurements, or did you rely on your eye? I have a bet on the answer!

i eyeballed it then checked with the ruler to make sure it was right

lol that's a bit woolley don't know if I'll be able to claim my bet, my money was on the eyeball.

Hey guys,

Antony done us proud huh??!!

He was cool as anything until a few minutes before (when he nearly peed his pants!!!) but was a complete star throughout.

I knew for a fact that he had scored really well, all the competitors had to score each other and there were quite a few that gave him 100%!!

So, he came 3rd in the European Championships and 4th in THE WORLD!!!

Well done ANT!!!!

4th in the world........now you kept that very quiet Antony........
I feel a trebble voddy and orange coming on now xxxx

Cheers to you Antony xxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
4th in the world........now you kept that very quiet Antony........
I feel a trebble voddy and orange coming on now xxxx

Cheers to you Antony xxxxx

I kinda figured he's 4th all by myself....

If you look at the website http://www.world-nail-championship.com you will see that the tech that won 2nd place in world championships is the same one that got 1st in european; and the same girl that won 3rd in world got 2nd in european and Antony came 3rd in europe so that means he ranks 4th in the world!

Does that make sense!!??

I've just seen this thread and would like to say a big 'well done'. Those babies are stunning...congratulations mate...x

in what way were the second and first placed nails better than 'our antony's'
was the marking a close thing ?

to me ants nails look flawless, what would make a better set.

also curious as to whether the structure of the nails is the same as a salon nail.

gosh you wouldnt half gash your nose picking it with them sets of lovely's
wow though those nails are all truly amazing

angel fingers said:
in what way were the second and first placed nails better than 'our antony's'
was the marking a close thing ?

to me ants nails look flawless, what would make a better set.

also curious as to whether the structure of the nails is the same as a salon nail.

Well the scoring is done on points and only those that judged will be able to tell you what makes the best enhancements points wise......

Competition nails and salon nails have the same basic structure, but the look is not pushed to the extreme in Salon enhancements......but your apex still has to be in the right place, your smile line still has to be even and consistent.....but you dont' pinch a salon nail to the extreme as was required in this competition.... not many natural nail clients nail plates would withstand this.....

Competiton Nails are not something that anyone would do in a salon day in and day out.......I can just see mother of 3 coping with these in ever day life (not)...........These are catwalk nails, competitors have to show that they can use their products to the max, consistency, flawlessness and precission application...... These are show nails........It's skill testing to the max.... being able to control your product in such a precise manner time after time shows that you have true control over that little bead......you drive the bead not the bead driving you.......

Cathie! said:
If you go to http://www.world-nail-championship.com/ you can see all the nails from the competition and the scores too.

HTH
i had a nose at the site... was a bit surprised to see the red nails of the WM winner, Alisha Rimando (top left hand side), the polish is on the cuticle :eek:

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my polish would be fantastic but you would think that to receive first place the polish would be immaculate ???

Yes, know what you're saying Sandi...I had a thing about the ratio between pink and white last night and asked Antony about his ruler, but a lot of those winning nails had about equal pink and white, the white was sooo long....so much for the rules.....but sure they must have picked up points in other criteria! Don't know the answers, only the judges do I guess.

ValencianNails said:
i had a nose at the site... was a bit surprised to see the red nails of the WM winner, Alisha Rimando (top left hand side), the polish is on the cuticle :eek:

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my polish would be fantastic but you would think that to receive first place the polish would be immaculate ???

You're right, the polish wasn't perfect. But Antony didn't have time to clean up my polish either! It was a little unusual as competitors were only being judged on 8 nails, the thumbs were not included. So they only allowed 2 hrs for 8 fingers. There were so many competitors that didn't even get to paint. Poor Alisha had just managed to paint her models nails when the time was called to STOP! She was sat behind us and was in a complete panic as she hadn't cleaned up her polish. Saying that her nails were as near perfect as you'll ever get. So, if you look at all the points judged, the quality of the nails she did far outweigh the small mistake on the varnished hand!

And I just need to add, Antony should have come 2nd in the world, look at the quality of the nails he did in comparison to the 2nd and 3rd place winners....

Georgie

thanks for filling us in on what goes on Georgie :D

i suppose at the end of the day getting the polish perfect would be the last thing on the minds of the competitors. it must be really stressing being under that kind of pressure.

Monkeystails said:
You're right, the polish wasn't perfect. But Antony didn't have time to clean up my polish either! It was a little unusual as competitors were only being judged on 8 nails, the thumbs were not included. So they only allowed 2 hrs for 8 fingers. There were so many competitors that didn't even get to paint. Poor Alisha had just managed to paint her models nails when the time was called to STOP! She was sat behind us and was in a complete panic as she hadn't cleaned up her polish. Saying that her nails were as near perfect as you'll ever get. So, if you look at all the points judged, the quality of the nails she did far outweigh the small mistake on the varnished hand!

And I just need to add, Antony should have come 2nd in the world, look at the quality of the nails he did in comparison to the 2nd and 3rd place winners....

Georgie

awwwww thanks honey, and you were an ace model too! x

and alisha's nails were awesome, i was so pleased for her when she won, she deserved it

Latest posts

Back