Any advice re: Dashing Diva?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I got my Dashing Diva today :green: (while I await the arrival of Shellac base coat) and I am going to do my sister's nails before she goes to Cornwall for a week. I have read the instructions and watched the videos but are there any more words of wisdom from the lovely geeks here who have been using it before I do her nails?##Thanks as always

Sarah. xx

My only advice would be to make sure that you put enough adhesive on at the corners especially and press down firmily because it seems to be the corners that will chip first if not done right. HTH:)

Thanks Murnettie

I did press as hard as I dared :lol: and I've just finished doing them.

OMG, how fiddly! To be fair though, I couldn't find my really large nail clippers and my sister has hardly any length to her nails to speak of and her thumbs have really wide nails too, so probably not the best to do a first set on, but at least if I can do it on hers, I can do it on anybody's! It took me about an hour :mad:

It was my first attempt so I suppose I'll get better with practice. I might do mine later and see how they go.

I have a pic of my sister's nails which I will upload later.

Thanks again :)

Sarah. xx

I have just done my own and it was really fiidly. Used everything that came in the pack and I must say I'm quite impressed, just have to see how long they last now.

Can't wait to try it out on my mum (forever my guinea pig lol) and see what it is like doing it on someone else.

Hi guys

I have just uploaded the two pictures into my albums in my profile which my sister took of the Dashing Diva I did on her this afternoon. Let me know what you think? I personally prefer the white to be 'off white' and I did mess up one of her thumbs as I put the DD on too far down, but she liked them :).

Sarah. xx

Why does anyone find it fiddly to do Dashing Diva? It's just like applying a tip ??

The most important thing is to apply adhesive to BOTH the free edge of the natural nail and to the underside of the DD. NOT just in the corners .. go all the way along the free edge.

Next is to make sure your file the DD to fit after you have adhered it to the nail. It should not be hanging over the side walls or the free edge.

It really should not take longer than 15-20 minutes to prep and put on the DD French Wraps+

I know Geeg, it is just like applying a tip. I think the thing which frustrated me (and hence why I found it fiddly) was because I couldn't for the life of me find my large clippers so had to make do with smaller ones which tbh, were absolutely dreadful at trying to cut off the wrap from the shell. I also think I used too much glue on some as the corners weren't flush and stuck up a little.

I later found out that my lovely husband had used my clippers and put them away in the kitchen drawer :mad: (yes, he did get a severe telling off!)

Sarah. xx

does anyone have a link to a video about daching diva?

ive just finished doing dashing diva and shellac on a friend of mine as a guinea pig and realised reading this that I completely forgot to buff the dashing diva with the 240grit file after it was on the nail, before the Shellac. Will anything disasterous happen?? Im hoping as its Shellac I used and not the top seal etc that comes with the DD that it wont matter too much as Shellac doesnt need the shine to be removed from the nail to adhere but will it be too shiny??

doh! this is what happenss when you do friends nails and spend the whole time gossiping. Note to self CONCENTRATE MORE!!!

ive just finished doing dashing diva and shellac on a friend of mine as a guinea pig and realised reading this that I completely forgot to buff the dashing diva with the 240grit file after it was on the nail, before the Shellac. Will anything disasterous happen?? Im hoping as its Shellac I used and not the top seal etc that comes with the DD that it wont matter too much as Shellac doesnt need the shine to be removed from the nail to adhere but will it be too shiny??

doh! this is what happenss when you do friends nails and spend the whole time gossiping. Note to self CONCENTRATE MORE!!!

I always buff DD before Shellac. I think you're supposed to. I did forget once but it didn't make a difference to that particular client.

I always buff DD before Shellac. I think you're supposed to. I did forget once but it didn't make a difference to that particular client.

Thanks hun, fingers crossed! I know i was supposed to do it but i forgot for some reason. At least it was a good friend and not a new client :)

ps. i picked up some teal and purple DD at Olympia today. Gorgeous!

Ooh, can't wait for the pics to go up! ;)

Ill take some pics as soon as I get a chance to use them :) Havent figured out how to do that on here yet so will probably link to my fb page x

Thanks Salpep for the DD link. x

Hi nail geeks,

Does anyone know how long Dashing Diva will last if you use the Gelife gel with it?

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back