Anybody used this wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali_d2003

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376640039.408552.jpg anybody used this wax? I bought it coz I wanted to try a different hard wax my friends are finding the hot wax a bit painful not sure is it my technique or the wax so I said I'd give this a go its nothing like the hot wax I normally use, I normally use the squares like a chocolate bar think aroma wax is the brand, this smelt lovely I read the instructions just sounded like normal hot wax but when I went to peel it off the consistency was like chewing gum anybody know what in doing wrong?

I've never used this wax so I can't comment.

However, the market has changed in that many waxes now look the same or similar in the bag, but the difference is when you use them. There is no comparison between a cheap wax and a high end brand. If there was, those of us that do use a high end brand would save our money and just buy a cheap brand.

Last edited:
I might just get rid of it and get another hot wax so it was just the only one on my local salon supplies and that's an hour away needed it that day but ended up giving strip wax a try

When I bought my salon the previous owner had a big plastic bag if some sort of pale pink hot wax broken in chunks. I'm not sure what brand it is but I can't stand it! It seems to almost stay sticky - it never sets quite as hard as my lycon wax. I couldn't bring myself to completely throw it out cus its such a waste so I've been adding a chunk of the crap wax to my lycon wax and that seems bearable. At least it make my lycon wax go a bit further. Maybe u could do the same.

Ok thanks Hun I had a job interview the other day and they had Lycon wax u need to go on training to use that don't you??

No, not any lycon training just ur usual waxing training. Not in Australia any way.

I have used it, it is a great wax if you are quick! When you are done applying, let it set just a few seconds, pat your fingers over it, it should still be pliable but not sticking to your fingers, use the spatula you used to apply it and press it on the end, pull the skin really tight and use the spatula/ stick to remove quickly! The entire process literally takes 15-20 seconds, from applying to removing.

Do you apply it thinly or thickly? Strange I thought I was doing this but was like chewing gum maybe ill practise it on my legs a shame to waste it, as for the Lycon wax I was told at the interview to go on training for this maybe ill give that a go

I use this wax and I love it and so do my clients : )

I use this wax and I love it and so do my clients : )

Ever had problems when u first started using it? Just seems to be like chewing gum and I'm used to using hard wax normally use aroma wax but sounds like technique is the same so I must be doing something wrong

I started off with this wax before switching to euroblonde. You have to be quick with it, and you need to apply quite thick as it tends to be brittle but once I got used to it I loved it and so did clients. I only switched to euroblonde because of the hype, it's easier to use goes on nice & thin & comes off well, but it takes forever to heat up & my regular clients say they have noticed no difference in the two & I do wonder if I should switch back rather than continue paying almost double!

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

You do here in the UK........or so I'm told.

Yes that's what I thought because in the interview I was told I'd b sent on Lycon training if I got the job

I started off with this wax before switching to euroblonde. You have to be quick with it, and you need to apply quite thick as it tends to be brittle but once I got used to it I loved it and so did clients. I only switched to euroblonde because of the hype, it's easier to use goes on nice & thin & comes off well, but it takes forever to heat up & my regular clients say they have noticed no difference in the two & I do wonder if I should switch back rather than continue paying almost double!

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

Thanks so nice and thick and quickly ill give it another go so :)

I have and found it to be brittle and not very effective , wasn't impressed. Jmo

I have and found it to be brittle and not very effective , wasn't impressed. Jmo

Thanks for the input everyone had mixed reviews ill give it another go and if not ill dump it :)

Thanks for the input everyone had mixed reviews ill give it another go and if not ill dump it :)

Once again, this is where speed comes in handy, the moment you have applied count in your head... 1,2,3,4 and tap it with your fingers, you dot want it to dry too much or it will become brittle! Stretch and pull off! It really is the speed

Ever had problems when u first started using it? Just seems to be like chewing gum and I'm used to using hard wax normally use aroma wax but sounds like technique is the same so I must be doing something wrong

I think it's all trial and error, try practicing on yourself with regards to the right temperature, how long to leave the wax on the skin before removing etc. sorry not much help. Hope you work it out :)

Thanks ill try it on my legs don't have guts to do my own bikini

Latest posts

Back