Anyone else out there trying to lose weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the Dukan Diet brill. Works well for me, cos i love protein. Its low carb and easy to folllow.

Would like to lose about three stone so am starting with Rosemary Conley next Tuesday! Am liking the whole idea of exercise attached to the group and have seen the wonderful results from a work colleague who has lost nearly for stone.

Have also heard / seen wonderful results from Cambridge diet as one of the mums at school lost four stone on it and is finding maintaining her weight loss fairly easy.

vicki would love some red days ideas .. always end up with bacon and eggs, lol .. want to try more protein meals this time round x

Do you like Chilli - obviously you'll need to only have the smallest amount of rice or do as I do and have it on a bed of rocket. Fry your lean beef mince in Spray Light, then in a different pan, fry you can think of, start with cubes or slices of onion & garlic, cubes of celery, strips of peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes, add corriander (if you have fresh... WOW) if not remember to buy some in the spring and plant it near the back door so you always have a supply), cumin powder + chilli powder to taste, a tin of tomatoes, go easy on the kidney beans, if you want it runny add some beef stock made with bovril, chop in some carrots, a little salt, loads of black pepper... leave to simmer for a good 25 mins (the longer simmering the better taste am sure!!)

Spagetti Bolognaise - same as above, loads of garlic, basil (yes, remember to plant some in the spring...) no corriander, no cumin or chilli powder, watch your pasta portion, or for maximum results, no pasta with the bolognaise and have it on rocket instead. Treat yourself to a little bit of cheese grated on the top.

Fillet steak - chuck loads of paprika and black pepper on the steak pre putting it in the pan (spray light only in the pan... oh the days of proper oil and butter :{) and have it with lots of yummy green beans.

Oh I could go on but I really need to sleep!!!!!

Good luck all

Vicki
x:)

Don't laugh, bacon + eggs is one of my favourites!!!!

Good luck and also good luck with your new baby who must be 5 or so months now, such a lovely age, gorgeous!!! Enjoy it as they grow up in the blink of an eye - mine are 5 1/2 and 7 1/2yrs all of a sudden.

Vicki
x:)

thank you lovingyournails, think i'll try the chilli tomorrow - love the idea on a bed of rocket
yes he's just over 5 mths now, already have a 12 yr old daughter so i know how fast they grow up .. my god only seems like yesturday she was his age, have to savour every moment
thanks again x
ps. do you have any ideas for stews - mum in law bought me a slow cooker :irked: for xmas, its still sitting in the box, lol but i guess would be perfect for making free or low sin stews

Im also having a problem with my weight, I am on medications that are knows to cause large amounts of weight gain and water swelling for most people who take them (Eg I went from a size 10 to a 20 in the space of around 6months).. I am a lot better now and am a size 16, SO I am looking to lose as much weight as I can while Im still on there meds. I find slimming world very good too, managed to get 2 and a half stones off of the huge amount I put on when I first got on meds and just blew up like a balloon, my body shape also changed too. Ill tell you something before I was big I used to look down my nose at big people a bit, as none of my family have weigh issues and I could eat what I want. Now the tables have turned and I know that being bigger is not easy and losing and keeping off weight is very hard for alot of people, I would say dont give up and I can recomed slimming world, the people who go to the groups tend to be realy nice too I find and there are people of all shapes, some who are having seriouse health issues due to size, or some who just want to lose a stone and get healthy. Its also great because you see people who are target members which means they have got to a healthy weight, and see how much weight they lost and how they did it. Good luck everyone and dont give up xxxx:hug:

I miss my peanut butter, lol but I eat PB2, have u heard of that? it is pretty darn good

wanting to lose 20 more lbs :eek:

I am doing Weight Wachers BTW, have lost a total of 33 lbs so far

I want to be more motivated to run and get moving though, anyone selling any bottled up motivation lol

Slimming World for me :), but it's like all healthy eating plans....if you go back to your old ways the weight creeps on.

I've cut out alcohol completely now.....far too much sugar and makes me want to snack constantly on fatty food:lol:

Congratulations Lynn on your 5 stone weight loss. That is a fab result. I couldn't afford Cambridge at the moment....but would like to try it.

im trying to be more healthy, ive started watching what i eat, and keeping a eye on how many calories are in things.....

how many calories should we have ?

started excercising, i went to bums and tums on moday and im still aching now :eek:

I lost just under a stone last year still have about 3 to go...it's hard at the month I'm eating whatever cos I have no money till payday, I was having one of those yog drinks for breakfast healthy dinner and whatever for tea with fruit for snacks..and drink lots of water helps u feel full.

Has anyone got any ideas what's not too pricy I can have for dinner that's low fat and carbs.

The office I work in is moving and our new building is opposite a pool and gym but a local authority one so its not too much.

Over the last few years I have developed serious joint issues which has meant that I can no longer exercise. I wouldn't say I'm overweight but it has crept up gradually and I'm now going to do something about it.

Because of the exercise issues I am trying to do it through diet alone. I have a terrible sweet tooth and a weakness for takeaways, so they are the first things to cut down. I also never it breakfast, so have brought some cereal to work to help kickstart my metabolism. Other than that, I'm just trying to drink more water. 2lb gone in week 1.

One question I do have would be, is there anyway you can control where you lose the weight from? My bust has increased since I put the weight on, which I quite like, so I want to lose the weight from everywhere but there. Anyone know how to do this?

how many calories should we have ?

Hi, it all depends on your gender/weight/activity level and how much you want to lose. For me, to lose about 2 lbs. a week, I am limiting my calories from 1200 to 1550. So far, it is working for me. HTH and good luck! :)

WOW!

So much response! :green:

Can I just say well done to all of you on here who have either lost weight, losing weight or who have decided to try and loose weight and get healthy. It's an incredibly hard thing to do especially in this day and age, we all know it, we all lead such busy hectic lives this health stuff get's forgotten about.

I'm trying so hard to loose some pounds, I feel very conscious and not comfortable in my own skin which is hitting my confidence, but instead of feeling sorry for myself I am working hard to shift this tyre of fat around my belly and hips and thighs (they are gross i hate them!)

I invested in a cross trainer and having enjoyed using them before thought I'd get one to use at home. I have had it about 2 weeks now, and have gone from doing 30 mins, to 40 and the last two days have managed an hour!!! I was so pleased, i was sweating like a pig and i stunk lol but I kept thinking of how i feel when i hit my goal and pushed myself then i thought about sharing it with you guys and I managed it! yeah!

To any one who is feeling just yuck, or if you want to give up because it feels like your never going to hit your goal don't! I'm feeling it now but I know its not a diet any more, this needs to be a life changing thing for me and I know i can do it with support and so can you lot!

I'll let you know how i'm going, measuring myself again tuesday, i'll give you the results! :eek:

Good luck everyone! :hug:

misslou, which cross trainer did you buy. does it take up a lot of room at home?

Hi

Well done everyone on the weight loss.
Two years ago i done weight watchers and lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks and was a uk size 10... met my boyfriend and started putting weight on fast he is 6'2 and eats crazy amounts but is a professional sportsman so burns it all off,i started to eat same portions as him(minus the meat,i am a vegetarian)and piled the weight on i am now size 16. Scared to weigh myself.

Going to australia in august for the year so really need to do something about it now.
Miss Lou are all the aussie girls skinny? Please tell me no lol

My mum & two sisters are uk 6's-8's naturally life is not fair he he.

I have been thinking of joining zumba will have to brave a class soon if its that good.

X

Hey Chick!
Oh my god, i have to say i am so jealous of you going to oz!!! ah!!! hahaha
how long are you going for?a year? I just got back from there before xmas, this time last year i was getting myself ready to go, seems like yesterday lol i was there for just under a year and the girls....well they seem to beone extreme to the other! When I was there i seen mainly really slim girls looked like they spent every second in the gym :grr: or they are really quite big girls, i mean very big, strange. But generally speaking they are all health freaks down there, they are pretty people and a lot of them know it too hahaha

I have always had a battle with my weight so i know the feeling, i was trying hard to get in shape before i went, i done ok, but i noticed i slimmed right down when i was there until i got a job and lived there, i was always out drinking and eating out, and have put on SO much weight but i have struggled to diet and exercise till ow due to one factor or another.

hahahha i know life is not fair hey, my sister is a size 8 uk and i'm lucky to get into a 14 i hate it!
Im currently doing the crosstrainer everyday for an hour or 30mins and trying so hard to eat properly, doing well but not sure if the weights coming off :( im sat down now and literally noticed how much my thighs come out when i sit down! my legs look so wide i hate it!But i will get there in the end have to stick at it.

Are you going to go back on weight watchers or another one hun?
who you going to aus with?

God you are going to have the time of your life down there! :green:

Forgot to say, I went to my first Zumba class on Wednesday and it's alright! :)

It was a bit tame but i think it was because it was the first week and they are going to up it every week but normally i hate classes, i get bored after 5 mins and want to go home but i didn't get that with the Zumba class so i def recommend it :)

Forgot to say, I went to my first Zumba class on Wednesday and it's alright! :)

It was a bit tame but i think it was because it was the first week and they are going to up it every week but normally i hate classes, i get bored after 5 mins and want to go home but i didn't get that with the Zumba class so i def recommend it :)

I'm looking for a Zumba class, myself. Hopefully, I can find one, soon. My ex's wife joined a Zumba class and LOVES it. She's lost 67 or so, lbs.

If u go to minimins.com or .co.uk can't remember which but it's a forum with MSG boards about every diet going, slimming world, Cambridge, ww etc I use it for my slimming world recipies.
There's loads of stuff on there whatever diet u r doing xx

Latest posts

Back