Anyone had success with fixing a split nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassablanca

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

I have a client who has just started coming to me for manicures. One of her nails (ring finger) has a vertical split from the free edge to about 2 mil into her nail plate. Shes had this for about 2 years as she damaged her nail back then and it just always has a constant split in it. So I applied a NNO ( L&P) to that nail only to see if we can kind of 'hold' it together and allow it to repair itself. Has anyone ever had any succes in fixing something like this before? Would be great to hear as she'd be delighted if we were able to fix it!!

Thanks a lot!

I have a client with exactly the same problem, on exactly the same finger. She has NNO in L&P but has a couple of rebalances then a soak off, then after a couple of months she goes again.

Anyway, I was just starting to think this split of hers was permanent but the last time we soaked off it had almost grown out. So carry on with the NNO and hopefully it might repair. hth xx

Hiya everyone,

I have a client who has just started coming to me for manicures. One of her nails (ring finger) has a vertical split from the free edge to about 2 mil into her nail plate. Shes had this for about 2 years as she damaged her nail back then and it just always has a constant split in it. So I applied a NNO ( L&P) to that nail only to see if we can kind of 'hold' it together and allow it to repair itself. Has anyone ever had any succes in fixing something like this before? Would be great to hear as she'd be delighted if we were able to fix it!!

Thanks a lot!

I have this on both ring fingers and equivalent toes !
It has been on the toes for 20 years but on on the fingers for 9 months. Nothing seems to make any difference and you can see a line which runs right down the nail bed, I think I am stuck with it now it is why I started to wear enhancements

My mum has one and I swear by a silk wrap. I use gel as the overlay and by the time I'm finished with her NNO you can not see the split. It does grow out but eventually returns.

Charlotte

I have a client like this, i lightly buff the nail, then apply a layer of resin (then activate), do this twice, then buff, then apply acrylic as normal, i use the resin to seal the crack/split so primer won't penetrate through to to nail plate in this small area.

I'm studying for my exam on friday, and am focussing on the theory.
If your nail is damaged in the "matrix", it wil be permanent and whatever you wil do won't fix it. Ofcourse you can make it look pretty, but when you remove the product the split will appear again. (my father in lay has a split in hs thumpnail that starts just below the free edge it has been there form 20 years or so.

Do'nt know if I am right, but this is what they learned me.

Minette

I used to have a split on one of my nails, but this has disappeared since having backscratchers extreme system on. Had to have them off for a while last year and it never came back.

I have a vertical split on the nail plate of my left big toe. I have a white line half way down the nail bed from the free edge and not a split as such. However, when my toe nail gets to a certain length this splits into layers at the free edge. More annoying than anything else.

I'm studying for my exam on friday, and am focussing on the theory.
If your nail is damaged in the "matrix", it wil be permanent and whatever you wil do won't fix it. Ofcourse you can make it look pretty, but when you remove the product the split will appear again. (my father in lay has a split in hs thumpnail that starts just below the free edge it has been there form 20 years or so.

Do'nt know if I am right, but this is what they learned me.

Minette
you are quite right minette, some times the split can come from the free edge down tho due to trauma
good luck with your exam:hug:

Latest posts

Back