Anyone had this problem???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb Doyle

Reaction score
Do you think its a bit unreasonable that I put up a sign in the salon asking people not to bring other people with them for treatments???
I only have a small waiting area and tonight was really busy, three clients turned up with their friends in tow. So I had paying clients sitting in other areas waiting for their therapists. Also these none paying clients think its OK to sit there texting or having loud conversations on the phone!
So should I but note up or not? My hubby thinks no, but it has really got on my nerves tonight, but unsure how to word it if I do.

OK rant over!!!!!

If it was me I would put a sign up, but finding the right words would be hard.
You could put somthing like "Please be aware sitting is only for clients" ?
Hard one!
I`ll keep thinking.
Carla

Im glad someone else has the same problem!
In our reception area we only have enough room for 2 massage reclining chairs and too matching stools along with a small display rack and the reception desk, most of the time this is suffice untill we have the younger clients who come for something like a brow wax and decide they need 2/3 friends with them, this takes up the seating for other clients who are due in for appointments and makes it quite crowded.
Another problem we have is clients who bring children in and expect us to do the treatment while at the same time keep an eye on them, children are inquisitive and in to everything! We have asked them to kindly make a booking for a time their children can be looked after but still they continue to bring them along letting them run around or park a pram/pushchair that only just fits through the door let alone stand in a reception area!
Its a hard one i admit so im interested to hear what other people think about this also.

Deb Doyle said:
Do you think its a bit unreasonable that I put up a sign in the salon asking people not to bring other people with them for treatments???
I only have a small waiting area and tonight was really busy, three clients turned up with their friends in tow. So I had paying clients sitting in other areas waiting for their therapists. Also these none paying clients think its OK to sit there texting or having loud conversations on the phone!
So should I but note up or not? My hubby thinks no, but it has really got on my nerves tonight, but unsure how to word it if I do.

OK rant over!!!!!

*Polite Request*
Due to the limited space of our waiting area, clients waiting for treatments have presidence on available seating. Thank you.

Maybe something along these lines? :)

hi,
at a salon i worked at we had a sign about bringing children in,explaining there were chemicals and sensitive equipment around and that our insurance would not cover children. we were therapists not babysitters.clients thought nothing of leaving children in nail bar whilst the adult who brought them had their treatment (which was only maybe a brow wax or a sunbed) .

In a proffessional beauty/nails mag there was a sign all properly worded.
from julie

Thanks for that jen & julie :)

I have a client who really winds me up!!! I have quite a large waiting room and it doesn't really bother me if I have no clients waiting but wait til you hear this!!
She brings her pal with her and her pal, who is not a customer, then proceeds to sit there, plug in her phone for charging, straighten her hair, get changed, unpack a bag of clothes and re-does her make up! She treats it like her bedroom!!!
Realy winds me up but I'm too nice to say anything!!! LOL!
How rude though!! I would never dare do anything like that!!

KIRSTEN!!!...how can you let her do that?...I know if I was a client waiting to see you I would be really put off by someone doing that in your waiting area!!...So she could actualy be losing you clients...
Think you need a really BIG SIGN!!....You are way too nice for your own good!
:hug:
Or get those socket covers for that outlet..you know the ones to stop toddlers sticking their fingers in!!......that would stop her plugging her charger and her straighteners in!!:evil:

or maybe plug something else in there so she cant use it ..cheeky madam

I can't believe the nerve of her, :smack: I think the sign about customer take preference and socket covers etc. Maybe also a smal sign saying you are only insured for items that have got an electrical safety certificate to be plugged in in your salon. All your stuff should be tested and certified each year anyway. That might stop her, and if not you have good cause to ask her to stop.

I honestly would no ttolerate it if I had clients waiting!! No way hozay!!!!! I think half the reason I dont say anything is because I'm so shocked that someone would do that!!

One more thing that her mate does! The salon is upstairs and I have a little alarm thingy on the door so I know when clients come in! It beeps about three times! Her mate comes up the stairs shouting 'I wish that bloody thing would shut up!'!!!
I have commented on this!! If I am with a client they have to listen to her shouting at my alarm! It's just downright rude IMO!!!!!

OK, rant over!!

Nail FX said:
*Polite Request*
Due to the limited space of our waiting area, clients waiting for treatments have presidence on available seating. Thank you.

Maybe something along these lines? :)
I like the sound of that... not too bossy and gets to the point :D

Hom much is this customer worth to you, how about a little note to the customer about her classy:wink2: friend. Something along the lines of
'Please do not ask for obnoxious friends present as a smack in the mouth often offends!':lol:

'Please do not ask for obnoxious friends present as a smack in the mouth often offends!':lol:

LMAO that is way too funny :biggrin:

Thanks for all the replies I will try and type something up tonight and post it on here to see what you think.:wink2:

I have a client who really winds me up!!! I have quite a large waiting room and it doesn't really bother me if I have no clients waiting but wait til you hear this!!
She brings her pal with her and her pal, who is not a customer, then proceeds to sit there, plug in her phone for charging, straighten her hair, get changed, unpack a bag of clothes and re-does her make up! She treats it like her bedroom!!!

OMG I thought I had problems but thats is so cheeky. I agree put the plug covers in and if she comes in again say that they are there for health and safety reason and can't be removed or stick a little notice above it stating that.
My husband has just said get a neon flashing light made with a subtle message on it and plug it in when your 'friend' is due in......something along the lines of "*&%$ off".:p

Deb Doyle said:
My husband has just said get a neon flashing light made with a subtle message on it and plug it in when your 'friend' is due in......something along the lines of "*&%$ off".:p

Yay, between that & my note, she should get the message.

Tilly Ann said:

What a flaming cheek! I'd have to say something to her i'm afraid! It would be something like this-

"Do you pay the electricity bill for these premises? No i thought not, well can i ask you not to use this room as your own private dressing room. This is a professional establishment & this is a waiting room for CLIENTS who are waiting to have a service performed. I 'm sure they do not appreciate seeing someone getting changed & doing their hair!"

Well that's what i'd like to say but a bit sharp maybe!!!!:D

Or - "Could i ask you what it is your doing exactly?"

And after her reply say something like - "Well can i ask you not to do that on these premises, this is a professional establishment, please use the Public Toilet or do that at home. Thank you"

LOL!!
What I need to do is wait until it's the time of the month and then let rip on her!! LOL!!!

I'm too soft!! I will pluck up the courage to say something to her next time! LOL!

Latest posts

Back