Anyone used Gumtree to advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
The mhra are not keen on gumtree advertising and keep a regular check on who is advertising on there.

I've used Gumtree for SP lashes and had quite a clients from it :)

I use it from time to time, but learned very quickly NEVER to mention the word massage in any ad lol. Its a very simple and cheap way to advertise. There are also sites like freeindex and vivastreet which you might find useful x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I use it from time to time, but learned very quickly NEVER to mention the word massage in any ad lol.

That is the key to Gumtree. I use it when I remember to post my ad, works well for me. Particularly since it's free.

It didn't work for me personally but is good for seo. I always use it myself to look for things but you get some very peculiar responses sometimes. Try it see what happens.

I have but to be honest it hasn't really done well I have found a Facebook page more useful & get 70% of booking through there. I always put withheld numbers will not be answered on gum tree as I have had some rude calls!!! Lol

Also if you have a website, register with qype and yell and free index, all bump up your advertising.

The mhra are not keen on gumtree advertising and keep a regular check on who is advertising on there.

How is Gumtree advertising any different to any other form of advertising?!

The MHRA have strict guidance about advertising any prescription only drug as you can't incentivise them.

However, we're fully versed on it's rules and this advert complies fully with it. To simplify, you can't mention 'botox' on page one and it can't be the main part of the ad. Fillers aren't covered by MHRA as they're classed as medical devices.

I use it from time to time, but learned very quickly NEVER to mention the word massage in any ad lol. Its a very simple and cheap way to advertise. There are also sites like freeindex and vivastreet which you might find useful x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks... Will give them a go!

I posted an ad on there the other week and have had 1 client from it. Not too shoddy considering it too mins to post and was free.

Glad to hear of positive response to this, although it sounds as if there may be limitations for BotoxBoy. I was wondering about advertising my sewing and alterations business there.

LOL @ massage comments!

I dont know about legal niceties but there's loads of providers advertising botox services on glasgow gumtree. Heres a cut and past of one recent one which I have put below.

Botox Treatment Price:

1 Area* £90
2 Areas* £160
3 Areas* £230

Bunny Lines*
£80

* 2 Week Top-Ups : £35 per Area.

Dermal Fillers Prices Per Syringe :

Juvederm Ultra Grade 2
£120 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Grade 3
£150 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Grade 4
£199 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Smile
£130 per syringe

I do spray tanning & have had 2 bookings so far from gumtree, 1 of which was for a party of 5 so I think so far so good :)

I dont know about legal niceties but there's loads of providers advertising botox services on glasgow gumtree. Heres a cut and past of one recent one which I have put below.

Botox Treatment Price:

1 Area* £90
2 Areas* £160
3 Areas* £230

Bunny Lines*
£80

* 2 Week Top-Ups : £35 per Area.

Dermal Fillers Prices Per Syringe :

Juvederm Ultra Grade 2
£120 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Grade 3
£150 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Grade 4
£199 per syringe

Juvederm Ultra Smile
£130 per syringe

The MHRA would certainly instruct them to remove the Botox bit but the rest is fine...

But I doubt anyone would report them. It tends to be jealous people already in the industry running around doing the reporting!

I use Gumtree too and so far, have had 4 bookings from it (only advertised a week ago) but have had 2 strange phonecalls :eek: and no, I dont do massage

im on gumtree and had nothing :(

Probably depends on the area and the service?! I've had 18 views in like less than 24 hours so some might contact me!

I paid the £9.95 to have mine at the top of the list for a week which I didn't think was bad value and thought I would trial it!

I think doing the paid for Ad is really worth it. Even if you only get a couple of clients the ad will have paid for itself in no time!

I've gained a few clients through gumtree. I defo think it's worth doing.

How you present your ad is really important..Using wording to grab the clients attention.

Botox boy... i absolutely love the post you put up on your fb page today with your manchester pride offer..infact all of your promo material on there is fab!

Aw thanks, that's nice to know.

My other half does all the graphics and he's had no training in it, teaches himself from online tutorials.

We both have an eye for the current trends in colours I think with the greys and pinks!

X

Latest posts

Back