Anyone watching American Idol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailartist

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is as addicted to this show as I am? Heather, you went to an audition once, didn't you? I'd love to hear that story! :D

Anyway, I'd just like to officially say that I love David Archaletta, Michael Johns, Brooke White, and Carly Smithson. Can't wait to see how they do tonight!

And then...it's New Amsterdam FINALLY! But that's for a different thread. :D

Elyse, I DID audition for American Idol in the fall of 94, when I was about 5 months pregnant with my son Riley lol. I made it through the first cut, then got booted by the executive producers, who said they didn't know how to market me to their "target audience."
They made me feel old at the ripe old age of 28. SHEESH.

I have been pretty addicted in the past, but just can't find the motivation to watch this season. I think it's lame that seasoned pros are getting the nod to audition over the rough amateurs they once scouted. Not the same show anymore IMHO.

Maybe I am just getting too OLD ;)

If you want to read about my whole "AI experience," there is a blog on my myspace page: Myspace.com Blogs - My American Idol experience... - Heather Davis MySpace Blog

ive also been watching it.im not sure if its done the same way but one of my cousins audtioned for pop idol and you have to audition for other people first before you get to the next round where you do it for the judges.so the people that we see on the tv that are crap have been put through the first round just so they can make fun of them for tv,rather than putting people through that are good.jmo
i do love the american one better than ours because the amount of people that actually audtion is just amazing so for the person who wins to beat all them must be very talented,no offence us british people.im a fan of leona as she is amazing,i think shes the most talented from all the winners in the uk and she is certainly up there with the american winners if you ask me.her album is fab.
im also a big fan of kelly clarkson,i have all her albums.i think shes pobably my favourite.x
i would love to see your audition heather.xx

I have been pretty addicted in the past, but just can't find the motivation to watch this season.

I feel the same way, too... I just can't get into it as much this time around. Is it me or does Simon seem to be getting nicer??? YIKES! :lol:

I haven't been following as I used to.
And Yes, I do think Simon is being nicer... what's all that about? Half the entertainment was watching him being nasty (although, I really did feel for the contestants, but it was still rather funny)

And what of the hooplay of the guy who was/is a former stripper?
Why can't they leave people alone?
Who cares what he did. He was doing honest work, instead of dealing drugs or robbing people's homes.

Honestly, the media is something else.:rolleyes:

I watch it all the time and love it, iv got it in my planner to record it if i miss it lol. I love Simon i think hes got something about him that attracts women he he. xx

I love American Idol......but I seem to enjoy it more when they get to the final 12 more though....then you can really pick a favorite....because there aren't so many people ......
As for the New Amsterdam......I think I'll have to watch once more as the first show was a bit confusing and IMO....)just a little boring)...but the lead guy is HOT so maybe .....:confused:

I love American Idol......but I seem to enjoy it more when they get to the final 12 more though....

Yup, me too. I don't care for the auditions part. It gets more outlandish every year.

And what's up with Paula??? Could she string a full sentence together? She never really says anything, just rambles.

The only judge worth listening to is Simon. He really has a knack for recognizing talent and calling it like it is. I just don't like when he comments on people's appearance. All the other stuff related to music is totally up for grabs and I love his comments. He's the reason I watch.

I can't decide if a singer is good until Simon tells me what to think!:)

I find that I agree with Simon about 80% of the time. I think most of the time he hits the nail straight on the head, but um...Il Divo, anyone? It's like he said "I'm so good, I can get people to buy an album of opera singers!" And whammo! here's four (mostly) good looking guys who can certainly sing, but who have majorly LAME stage presence. And sing boring songs. And people buy the album because Simon Cowel "discoverd" them! PISH.

And that had almost nothing to do with American Idol. Sorry. :D I agree that Paula seems to have a word-finding problem these days. I don't remember her being that incoherant in the first few seasons. Is she taking strong pain killers or something? Had a stroke, maybe? And Randy...I haven't decided if I like him at all. Even after seven seasons (will it EVER END???).

I swore I wouldn't watch it this year, but I got sucked in again. Sheesh! Is there a pill for this addiction?

hi,i really loved david cook's performance of lionel ritchie's hello is there anyway of me getting this for my ipod?
i know how sad am i:lol:

Well, just to demonstrate the power that is Simon, on one show he mentioned that his favourite song was 'Hallelujah' by Jeff Buckley. Guess what? Next day it's the number one download on itunes Canada! Now that's power!

Latest posts

Back