Appendicitis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Anyone on here had a child with appendicitis.

Just had to go and pick up my daughter from dance class, she had only been there 5 minutes.

Screaming with tummy pain and saying she feels sick.

Given her painkillers and she seems a bit better.

Never seen her scream like it before with pain.

What should I look out for in case of appendicitis.

Appendicitis

Take a look at this, it may help

Rachel xx

I have had appendicitis and so has my daughter.

You need to get her checked over immediately.I dont want to scare you but both mine and my daughters perforated and we had complications as a result of this.

The pain is usually in the RIGHT but sometimes travels to the left hand side but can travel all over the tummy area.Sickness can occur and it is difficult to keep still as the pain gets more and more intense.I was diagnosed with a bladder infection amongst other things at first.As the day wore on it got worse and orse.I literally could not sit still.Same with my daughter,up all night in agony.Took her to hospital at 6am,following morn.

It needs to be diagnosed properly by a doctor,it could be one of many things but appendix problems needs to be ruled out.HTH

Thought the appendix were on the right hand side?

Pain is the oppersite side to where they are..(or so i was told).. it can feel like really bad period (sorry boys) pains but higher up.

Get it checked hun.. i had complications cos mine burst.. not nice..

Try a hot water bottle and pain killers first, if after a while the pain does not ease get her to the doctors..

My appendix also burst and I had the pain on the right side. My friend has been told she has rumbling appendix and her pain is around her tummy button!!

Hope all is ok!! :hug: :hug:

I'd definately get it checked out though, just incase

I would ring NHS direct.....0845 4647

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

After some painkillers and hot water bottle my daughter's tummy pain seems to have stopped.

She then had terrible wind, so maybe it was something else.

Anyway, she is now fast asleep and hopefully won't be in any more pain tonight.

I was seriously worried and didn't know what to do for her.

Does wind cause such awful pain. She had been eating chewing gum this afternoon and I wondered if this had caused her to have such bad wind.

Kids eh, who'd have them.

Sam trapped wind can cause awful stomach cramps and my daughter has had it a few times and as been screaming in pain I give her a hot water bottle and a few hot drinks and it normal helps, Even having a hot bath can help relieve it.

Wind can cause a great deal of discomfort,especially for IBS sufferers.

Anyway,I would keep an eye.It could well be grumbling appendix,which can turn into full blown appendicitis,just be on your guard.HTH

Thought i had IBS & bad periods for years and turned out to be grumbling appendix, got tummy ache in oct like a contraction around my belly button within 90min i was in hospital and ahd it taken out next day very painful but the weight loss afterwards was great :) x

Wind can cause mega pain... i cant remember the amount of times (after my appendix where removed) when i was rushed into hospital with tummy pains to find out it was wind:irked::irked:,
The best cure for wind is pepermint!! get some pepermint squash for these times.. or get her to SUCK not CHEW on pepermint sweets. At least when the wind is released it does smell better (sorry to be so blunt:eek:) but i suffered really bad with it as a child (i blame my mums cooking:lol::lol:)

Hope she is feeling better:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back