Appointments help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flutterby

Reaction score
Hi

I have a home salon, and a client is trying to make an appointment for her and a friend-she wants Hollywood wax and her friend wants legs etc.

It's all been by email and it's seems that they want to come together but I don't have the space for a buddy in my treatment room, and I don't want a stranger sitting in my kitchen while I'm in a closed off room.

Am I being paranoid? Have you had this before and how did you deal?

Thanks
X

Sorry Im mobile so dont have this problem but I would always say go with your instinct, dont put yourself in a situation your not comfortable with.

Annie x

I'd just say that you can only accommodate one client at a time. Does your home salon insurance stipulate how many clients you can have in your house at one time? Also worth checking.

Sounds like you have a similar set up as me. I have my garage converted into a salon. It's perfect for what I do but I don't have room for anyone to wait.

I just explain this to people and say "I'm so sorry but I don't have a waiting area so I would need to book you separately"

I have only ever had a problem with one client. She kept texting to ask if she could bring her friend and I kept saying no. She turned up with two friends anyway.

I was furious and finally realised it is my business, my salon & my home so I would decide who came. Once I got that into my head I had no problems sticking to the "one client at a time" rule

p.s. The friends didn't get in and the client never re-booked. Thank goodness. Who wants clients like that!

Last edited:
Tell them to wait in their car?

Couldnt you put a chair just outside your door, thats where I have one,in myhall, and afew mags x

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I've emailed back saying really sorry but I don't have waiting area.

Did consider the chair, but a chair outside the door would be blocking both the back door and downstairs loo ( is only about 2x4 ft area and either very cold or very hot-my room is in the extension) so not the most comfortable place to sit, and anything else would be in the main body of my house while I'm out in the extension with a closed door, and I'm not comfortable with that. Maybe in the future once I know them, but if I'm home alone and have 2 strangers, then there's not much I can do to control a situation if I'm busy and don't know what's going on.

Thanks again everyone.
X

Some times people bring a friend because there shy or dont want to be the first to try something new, and don't want to go alone , sometimes there just after a girly trip out ,

Maybe if you can afford a screen or curtain at some point to place around your couch you could then add a chair?

I would rather find space or get a mate to "pop" round and sit in kitchen for a few mins while one waits than possibly loose 2 clients ,

The room is too small to screen off unfortunately.

Getting a mate round is a good idea though, I hadn't thought of that at all.
X

I had texts from someone insisting on bringing her cousin so they could both have eyelash extensions. I explained I could only have one person at a time. She kept sending texts. I kept saying sorry but I could see them separately. She gave up in the end. I suppose I could have put one of them in with the 2 german shepherds. They would have kept an eye on her lol.

I had texts from someone insisting on bringing her cousin so they could both have eyelash extensions. I explained I could only have one person at a time. She kept sending texts. I kept saying sorry but I could see them separately. She gave up in the end. I suppose I could have put one of them in with the 2 german shepherds. They would have kept an eye on her lol.

I really like this idea! You made me laugh, but still a good idea.

I would feel uncomfortable having a friend of a client hanging around in my house while one person was having treatment. One doesn't know these people and I'm not sure how well one's house insurers would respond to a claim if something went missing and you'd let the person in and left them unsupervised!

I really dont understand why anyone would want their friend, sister etc coming in the room with them whilst they are having any type of intimate waxing!!!! :rolleyes: No matter how big the room is! I get people asked me that often, I always say no, my rooms not big enough! I dont want an audience, whist waxing my client who is on all fours!!! x

Lol! Next thing you know is clips appearing on youtube!!:eek: I would def have a friend round to 'hostess'..tea/coffee etc in another room...and dont let them out of their sight!! After all, you might get 2 new loyal customers out of it, but never pays to take chances..

Latest posts

Back