Ardell eyelashes help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
Hi I have recently qualified and done numerous free trials on putting individual clusters on friends and family. I had a fee paying client today and a bit ofthe glue appeared to drip in her eye and I told her that the stinging sensation would go away in a minute but she sharply replied she isnt use to people putting glue in her eyes. My confidence took a real battering. Can anyone help me with what I could of done wrong - maybe too much glue? And how to professionally handle something like this - I apologised, but that seemed to make it worse:sad:

Hi Hun!
First off dont let this put you off.
I would say too much glue was applied to one of the lashes you put on her, sometimes glue can get into the eye.
I would have asked the client if she was ok and explained that sometimes glue can get into the eye as every eye isnt the same, I would have asked her to sit up open her eyes and rub the lid until the burning/iitching went away. If it didnt go away I would have given her a cold compress (a cotton pad with cold water) to apply to her eye.
It is understandable for her to be a bit angry but dont let this put you off!!
Well done for apologising and keeping your cool x

Hi Hun!
First off dont let this put you off.
I would say too much glue was applied to one of the lashes you put on her, sometimes glue can get into the eye.
I would have asked the client if she was ok and explained that sometimes glue can get into the eye as every eye isnt the same, I would have asked her to sit up open her eyes and rub the lid until the burning/iitching went away. If it didnt go away I would have given her a cold compress (a cotton pad with cold water) to apply to her eye.
It is understandable for her to be a bit angry but dont let this put you off!!
Well done for apologising and keeping your cool x

WOOAH no rubbing of the eye! that only spreads out the glue!

Eye bath/wash??

If you get ANYTHING in your eye the worst thing you can do is rub it, infact you should advise your client not to rub it.

All that will do is irritate the eye further. If it is stinging/uncomfortable more than a small amount then eye bath!

definitely have some eye wash with you at all times & if ever it happens again you know what to do.

don't stress hun, & dont let it knock down your confidence, when I first started doing semi permanent lash extensions I got some remover gel in my mother in laws eye!! omg her eye puffed up & looked so sore for days, of course it was an accident (more her opening her eyes when told not to to be honest!) but it still happened, & i was the one made to feel bad, we all make mistakes :hug; x

ta much for your support. I got a call from her saying that a lash had fell out and didnt like the way one of the other lashes sat on her eyes. Fair enough says it was no problem I would refill the lash that fell out and also look at the other lash. Sorted both and this time NO glue went in her eye yet her eyes were streaming. I did do a skin patch test 48 hours before and NO reaction.

So what am I doing wrong. I am actually dreading the next 24 hours in case I get another call from her. Just seems that something aint right. But I dont understand it as the skin test like I said was done and NO reaction. Any help would be great.

Should say I did another persons eyes and no glue went in hers and hers was fine. So what is the difference with this client?

What glue are you using?

Are you using Ardell Lashtite??

She obviously has very sensitive eyes and there's not a lot you can do about that. If you are using Ardell's glue I'd be amazed that it's causing problems as I never have any clients complaining about their eyes stinging or the fumes being too strong.

I was trained to use micropore tape and have my clients eyes closed when applying cluster lashes and it works a treat for me, could you maybe try that?

Yes I am using Ardell Lashtite - I cant figure it out to be honest. I was wonde3ring if she was actually slightly opening her eyes when I was placing the lashes or something? Oh I dont know maybe its my inexperience. But like I say I have done others and they are looking fab;. One cclient told me hers lasted 2 weeks without budging! I have never heard of miccropore tape before?What is that exactly.

Definitely give Micropore tape a go, it stops the bottom lashes getting stuck to the top ones. You can buy it in any chemist or pharmacy. It's just surgical tape, make sure you de-tac first bfore you put it on your clients face as this stops it being too sticky.

I would say 90% of clients are fine but those few have eyes that just stream, one lady as soon as I touch her anywhere near! Some people just have sensitive eyes, and that you can't help. But as said above you can deal with, try the tape :) Good luck huni I thought I would never be able to do them x

Latest posts

Back