Are you left or right handed - or both???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I ask the question coz I write with my left hand and use my brush in my left hand but file, clip and nip with my right!

I've been trying to organise my table so that all the lotions are on the right and all the implements to the left, but it can cause problems. :o

I'm trying to make myself use my left for filing, clipping and nipping too, but it's hard work...

Does anyone else use both hands for different things?

Karen
xxx

Clip and Nip??? I hope we're not talking clipping and nipping product here!!

No, no - clipping finger nails and nipping non-living tissue... :D

Hi

I am right handed i have tools and products on my right, Desk lamp, gel lamp and lint free pad holder on my left.

haha. you almost gave Geeg a heart attack then!

Im right handed for everything. however i can work with my left hand when im doing my own nails, just not as quickly.

I am right handed so have lotions and potions to my right and gel lamp to my left. Its a bit tricky when I do my right hand nails, I find I have to move my monomer over to the left.

I can however write with my left hand as well as my right, be it a little unsteady I can do it if I take my time. I once broke my arm and had to write with my left hand to get by. Its a matter of mind over matter, like circling your tummy while patting your head, I can do it with either hands, you just got to concentrate long enough LOL!

right handed all the way for me I'm afraid....... I struggle big time when I do my own nails with my "wrong hand" let alone doing other things, even making a cuppa lol :D

Oooh Karen... wish your problem was one I had!
I am sooo right-handed, I really struggle to use my left hand for fine work and though I can do my nails on my right hand, to me... they never quite match my left!

I'm a leftie and I have found that when it comes to nail table the lamp holder is normally on the left side which can be a pain and yes i would turn it round but my draws would be round the wrong side.
But the hardest thing is when you first start training, just holding a file feels strange but when your trainer is right handed it looks so awkward and it took me ages to file at the right angles that felt comfortable and not kack handed. Then when i first did a 1-2-1 with Liza (a leftie) the filing just fell into place.
So we need more lefties to train...!!;)

I am left handed I had to go to the doctor coz i was getting a pain in my hip, he said it was RSI coz all my things were on the right side of my desk and i was twisting constantly to reach them, so i put a small unit next to my desk nd put everything except my lamp on there, the pain went after that, my desk at home has the drawers on the left, I find this works much better for me.

I'm right handed and have absolutely no dexterity in my left, when I do my own nails I get soo impatient with doing my right that I usaully leave filling until the next morning! :evil:

im right handed

find it really difficult as i have a 'dodgy thumb' on my left hand (its shorter than my right one and wide and short bed-looks silly!) and all my life right up intill i left school (and still sometimes now!) i used to hide it up my jumper or just hide it with my left hand fingers so i never used my left hand for anything
(enhancements make it look a lot like the other thumb but i had to overcome my thumb shyness coz it is one of the most 'on view' fingers (well thumb) when im doing nails-holding clients finger with it)
so i am sooooooo useless with my left hand coz i hid it all these years

getting used to it now tho

lol
x

Im right handed, and have to do everything with my right hand lol, my poor left hand hardly ever gets used but i really hate trying to do my right hand when doing my own nails x

although i am right handed i do nails with my left so just call me cack handed lol

I am right handed but would love to be able to use my left equally for filing. The difference in muscle tone in my arms is starting to become visible with all the filing I do! Good job I don't have skinny arms, the bingo wings divert attention from the muscle! :lol:

left handed...

Another left handed person here.

WoW!
there r more lefties than i thought!
vicky mentioned me being a leftie & when i do a 1-1 with a leftie, its great how the penny drops when they see me hold an abrasive!
when i have a class, i'm fine if they're all righties, as i've learnt to swop over & hold my abrasives in my right hand in a mirror image.
however, if i have 1 leftie in with a group of righties, i then struggle a little to keep swopping back :eek:

Im a leftie. I can't do anything with my right hand really! It's pretty useless. When I do my own nails, my left hand never has smile lines, theyre more like snarl lines lol...x

Latest posts

Back