Artistic Colour Gloss most popular colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
Hi, I have approx 60+ Gelish colours and have read some really good reviews about ACG. I would like to trial a few along side my Gelish range, but would love to know what are the most popular colours? I was going to start off purchasing 4... Any advice would be brilliant. Many thanks xxx :)

I love artistic and the packages are really good hotz,i fab, fierce and sassy , sensual ,silk petal, bride, swag ,all the rage, mochino, I love than all

Thanks, I don't suppose you use Gelish too? If so are any of your colours mentioned similar? Thanks :)

I have a few colours of gelish but hardly use the and not familiar with the names there are a few that are very similar as I believe they are sister companies

In response to the above suggestions they are all popular but some are quite similar to gelish colours:

Fierce is quite like plum & done. A deep plum purple creme. It is popular but if you have that in gelish obviously shouldn't be 1 of your 4.

Hotzy is a vibrant red. I would imagine you already have a bright red in gelish.

Sassy a light peach pink creme. You probably have something similar in gelish - a cross between forever beauty & smoothie is where it is

Swag is a black creme

Sensual is unique - a mauveish pale pink with heavy shimmer. Not popular with my client base as it's a bit old fashioned but I have heard from others on here that it's popular

Bride I don't think there is a colour called "bride"?

It depends on your customer's colour choices. Mine aren't mad on pinks & like the higher end fashion colours around - all reds, corals & lots of greys/nudes/browns/purples. A few of the colours that are popular & unique to acg:

Vogue is a mink grey shimmer - worn by michelle obama & possibly the most famous ACG colour out there. It would definitely be in my 4.

Posh is a nude shimmering neutral which looks great with glitter fades or alone for a more classic look. Jlo & someone else who i've forgotten have both been seen in posh. Definitely in my 4 if I were choosing - it is my best selling colour presently. It's also ageless & liked by all generations.

Diva Chic is a really deep red with heavy shimmer. A rich burgundy vampy tone which is popular all year round & has no similar colour in gelish. VB has been seen in it.

Deblu a bit paler than the colour of tiffany boxes. Not something I like but is something that the 20/30's in my salons really like & a perfect spring shade. It's also great for shabby chic designs as it's a sort of powder blue green. But warmer & quite different to seafoam.

Snapdragon or haut cout orange Snapdragon: A peachy coral with a hint of shimmer popular all year round. A bit like tiger blossom would be if crossed with passion & soft shimmer added. Haut: slightly brighter coral with golden flecks running through it. You wouldn't want both initially but there are both really popular & spring is upon us.

All the rage or luxe Quite similar to gelcolor "you don't know jacques" which is opi's most popular shade. Rich brown cremes popular all year. All the rage slightly lighter.

Avant garde Deep shimmering inky teal which has been surprisingly popular.

Caviar for breakfast or fly Caviar: Is a dupe for jessica birds of paradise. But gelish don't produce anything like it. A bright purple with heavy shimmer - a bright violet version of night reflection. Fly: A creme bright purple which is super popular. From the ads I *think* the love in bloom gelish purple is similar but not out yet.

I've tried to avoid anything that's a staple colour like hot pink/bright red/dark purple as I assume you'll have all the basics & want to fill in the gaps with unique colours. My longest ever response on SG :lol:

In response to the above suggestions they are all popular but some are quite similar to gelish colours:

Fierce is quite like plum & done. A deep plum purple creme. It is popular but if you have that in gelish obviously shouldn't be 1 of your 4.

Hotzy is a vibrant red. I would imagine you already have a bright red in gelish.

Sassy a light peach pink creme. You probably have something similar in gelish - a cross between forever beauty & smoothie is where it is

Swag is a black creme

Sensual is unique - a mauveish pale pink with heavy shimmer. Not popular with my client base as it's a bit old fashioned but I have heard from others on here that it's popular

It depends on your customer's colour choices. Mine aren't mad on pinks & like the higher end fashion colours around - all reds, corals & lots of greys/nudes/browns/purples. A few of the colours that are popular & unique to acg:

Vogue is a mink grey shimmer - worn by michelle obama & possibly the most famous ACG colour out there. It would definitely be in my 4.

Posh is a nude shimmering neutral which looks great with glitter fades or alone for a more classic look. Jlo & someone else who i've forgotten have both been seen in posh. Definitely in my 4 if I were choosing - it is my best selling colour presently. It's also ageless & liked by all generations.

Diva Chic is a really deep red with heavy shimmer. A rich burgundy vampy tone which is popular all year round & has no similar colour in gelish. VB has been seen in it.

Deblu a bit paler than the colour of tiffany boxes. Not something I like but is something that the 20/30's in my salons really like & a perfect spring shade. It's also great for shabby chic designs as it's a sort of powder blue green. But warmer & quite different to seafoam.

Snapdragon or haut cout orange Snapdragon: A peachy coral with a hint of shimmer popular all year round. A bit like tiger blossom would be if crossed with passion & soft shimmer added. Haut: slightly brighter coral with golden flecks running through it. You wouldn't want both initially but there are both really popular & spring is upon us.

All the rage or luxe Quite similar to gelcolor "you don't know jacques" which is opi's most popular shade. Rich brown cremes popular all year. All the rage slightly lighter.

Caviar for breakfast or fly Caviar: Is a dupe for jessica birds of paradise. But gelish don't produce anything like it. A bright purple with heavy shimmer - a bright violet version of night reflection. Fly: A creme bright purple which is super popular. From the ads I *think* the love in bloom gelish purple is similar but not out yet.

I've tried to avoid anything that's a staple colour like hot pink/bright red/dark purple as I assume you'll have all the basics & want to fill in the gaps with unique colours. My longest ever response on SG :lol:
WOW, that is amazingly helpful Willowrose.

I wasn't even thinking about getting ACG but I am now.
Thanks for such great detail.x

Swag is a black creme

This is very helpful :)

I do gelish and have bought my first ACG in temperamental - a lovely grey. Seems the same as gelish too, only tried it on a colour pop so far but will be doing my own nails with it when I redo. A few of the ladies on here use it along gelish so should be really helpful too, I know cloughers highly recommends it...I know you can use your gelish top and base with ACG and harmony have okayed this.

Loulle belle have colour swatches on the website but there doesn't seem to many google images of colours either so can be a gamble as to what it turns out like xx

Oh meant to say check out the gelish colours thread as there has been some ACG swatches and info on there.. hth xx

Omg Willowrose - think that has to be one of the most helpful replies ever! I love the fact you have even put celebs that have been seen in the colours, absolutely fabulous!! Thank you so much!xxx

Nourished Nails, thanks for your reply :) it such a mission to search through some of the Gelish threads are there are loads of pages!! I will have a good scout through tonight though xxx

Nourished Nails, thanks for your reply :) it such a mission to search through some of the Gelish threads are there are loads of pages!! I will have a good scout through tonight though xxx

Yep I know what you mean but it is on the last few pages so shouldn't be to much of a mission hun x

This is very helpful :)

I do gelish and have bought my first ACG in temperamental - a lovely grey. Seems the same as gelish too, only tried it on a colour pop so far but will be doing my own nails with it when I redo. A few of the ladies on here use it along gelish so should be really helpful too, I know cloughers highly recommends it...I know you can use your gelish top and base with ACG and harmony have okayed this.

Loulle belle have colour swatches on the website but there doesn't seem to many google images of colours either so can be a gamble as to what it turns out like xx

Temperamental is gorgeous - nice concrete grey creme. Tbh there are so many you could mention I would be here all day! It's quite similar to fashion week chic gelish though so if you had that I wouldn't recommend.

From that collection mysterious is my fav - a chocolate brown with hint of opalescent shimmer. Like a slightly shimmery shellac fedora (and another with no similar gelish colour - the closest would be strut your stuff but that's darker & no shimmer)

Like shellac they're launching a pastels collection for feb (called "what woman are you")- pale yellow, pink, green, blue, canteloupe melon. I always thought gelish should have a pale yellow & melon creme so I can't wait :lol:

Where do you guys purchase from as the website only says salon selector ? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

And apologies... I said I didn't think "bride" which the first responder mentioned was an acg colour. I was wrong. Bride is the brightest creme white they do. I think it was so unremarkable I just forgot its existence :)

Thank you willow rose I've been looking everywhere :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Sorry Sharn, I meant to reply about where to get it but forgot! Brill info willowrose as I've only got posh, haute cout orange and glisten but would like to get some more but can never decide as I'm worried they'll be too like my Gelish colours. I might get Vogue and maybe diva chic. X

Does anyone know if Luxe or Eccentric is like Sweet Chocolate and is Forbidden Love like Diva Chic? Thanks xxx

I love bride it's white for French I do tones and tones of French so Bride and la ti da which is baby pink have to figure out how to load photos due to using my I phone all the time don't get near my computer that often

Latest posts

Back