Artistic Colour Gloss most popular colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fly is a very bright purple - not a lilac. The lilac for ACG is "muse". It doesn't fade anything like as much as princess tiara - it doesn't turn sludgy grey. But does fade somewhat. I've tried a lot of lilacs & as far as I can tell they all fade. I mix my own as for some reason mixing creates a more stable long lasting lilac.

Deblu is the blue equivalent of seafoam. Great for shabby chic stuff as illustrated with some lovely roses by JennyL :)

Thank you Willow Rose, would you happen to know what gelish colours could be mixed to create Lilac? :biggrin: xx

Night reflection & white makes a nice cool toned lilac that lasts - the shimmer doesn't transfer as the mix is mostly white with only a drop of purple. 4 parts white to 1 NR is about the right ratio. Obviously you can tweak to get the lilac of your dreams :)

It really depends on what shade you're after & what purples you have - there's no wrong combination. I've used bella's vampire & diva before. Slightly pinker lilacs due to the red undertones of those 2 shades.

Another great colour in ACG is ivory mist. It's a shimmer/frost white that I use mostly as a mixer to create shimmery pastels. Add drop of red for shimmer pink, purple for lilac etc etc. Haven't swatched it due to no time but will at weekend.

Thank you so much, I will have a go and I might buy some Ivory Mist as i'm getting a list together of the must have ACG polishes and you have been really helpful.

Does Fly look exactly like it does on your colour pop as I think I would like that one also? xx

On my screen it's accurate. Fly is one of the few colours of ACG that if you google you actually get quite a few swatches of it - so you should have a look what it looks like in different lights/on different hands. It's very popular in our salons & has been reordered countless times.

What I would always say when mixing custom blends is that I try every combination out on a swatch first & make sure there is no colour alteration over the next couple of weeks. I did once mix a pink that faded terribly - but it's been my only failure in 100s of custom colours. When doing on yourself you can risk it - but when it's clients you need to feel confident everything will last & last :)

The reason I have issues with pics on here is my camera creates files far too big for SG so uploads fail. If you want a pic of ivory mist before the weekend when I hope to try & resize my pics then please pm me your email ad & i'll send a swatch. I thought I hadn't swatched it yet but clearly I'm going mad as i've just found one :lol:

Fly is a very bright purple - not a lilac. The lilac for ACG is "muse". It doesn't fade anything like as much as princess tiara - it doesn't turn sludgy grey. But does fade somewhat. I've tried a lot of lilacs & as far as I can tell they all fade. I mix my own as for some reason mixing creates a more stable long lasting lilac.

Deblu is the blue equivalent of seafoam. Great for shabby chic stuff as illustrated with some lovely roses by JennyL :)

Thanks lovely xx

Does anyone know if ACG has a pink that is similar to the Gelish Go Girl? as all my client's want this, but I can't let them have it as it fades terribly x

Just used Diva Chic on a client, 2 coats and vogue on myself, excuse my short nails! I think it's my new fave and applied like a dream.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360417725.082598.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360417725.082598.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 781
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360417736.798326.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360417736.798326.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 737
Does anyone know if ACG has a pink that is similar to the Gelish Go Girl? as all my client's want this, but I can't let them have it as it fades terribly x

Have you tried Owned or Trist? Manic may be too bright and VIPink Room has shimmer.

Thanks but just googled them and they don't look much like it x

Have you tried Owned or Trist? Manic may be too bright and VIPink Room has shimmer.

Owned & trist are both very bright hot pinks. Go girl is like Jessica geleration's bubblegum or flirty (neither of which fade). But there is no colour in ACG which is very close.

ACG aren't really big on pinks. They do the standard pinks that every collection has & then have a few unique nude toned pinks. I think there's a certain snobbishness about pink in the fashion world & that has translated to a lack of them in the acg collection!

Thank you i think I will have a go at mixing :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Deblu xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360435108.672592.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360435108.672592.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 461
Willowrose - do you know if Posh is Like Taupe model? And are there any good nudes in the ACG range which has opaque coverage? Thanks xxxx

Posh is much paler.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360442726.107558.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360442726.107558.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,064
Posh is lovely, it's my most popular colour xxx

Trying to think what ACG colours I have at the top of my head so here goes....

Precious
Bride
In Bloom
Sooo In
Vogue
Privileged
Avante Garde
Diva Chic
Dazzled
Posh
Sensual
Fashionista
Hotness
Lavender Sunset
Metro
Snap Dragon
Trist
Glam
Swanky
All the Rage

I'll try get photos tomorrow.

This is Sooo In. I was going to go for Vogue, but wanted something a bit more purple for myself. Something in between the two would be perfect!

picture.php
Hi

I love the ring finger what did you put on top was is just dazzled? Xx

Hi

I love the ring finger what did you put on top was is just dazzled? Xx

I could be wrong, but it looks too glittery to be dazzling, I think they're purple holo glitter rockstars. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back