Astonishing Nails - anyone tried ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a thread on their tip blender..

it's called astonishing tip blender.

Take a look, no1 seems very impressed and i wouldn't bother spending money on a company hardly anyone's heard of.

I am convinced that if you had tried them you would like them a lot. They are new on the UK's market but getting very popular. Sometimes it's worth to try something before making judgement ;)You might be very positive surprised:)

Last edited:

Take a look, no1 seems very impressed and i wouldn't bother spending money on a company hardly anyone's heard of.
I wouldn't let one product from a brand put you off the whole range! I havn't tried it out myself yet to pass comment, but please remember not everyone in the industry uses this site.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes i have tried and am still continuing to use astonishing products i have tried and tested many many different products in my salon and i will only use the best on my clients, for me and for my clients this is the best! they love everything about it the gel/acrylic, french/colour they love it all!! i love the consistency, and durability of the product everyone must try. go in with an open mind you will love the product all of the ranges are great i have 3 girls converted in my salon to this product and they wont use anything else now.​

anyone who says they wouldnt bother spending money on something they havnt heard of tell me this? you go past a beauty salon that has been there for 10years but you are only noticing it now does that mean just because you have only realised that its there that means it have never been there before. i have this problem with my salon and i no this is biast but we are one of the best salons in my district and some people wouldnt even no we were there keep an open mind and dont knock it just because you haevnt heard of it the product is amazinGG!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe Astonishing Nails is not that well known in the UK at the moment, but it is in other countries. I would not make such a comment as yours without at least trying the system. to make such a judgement on a company based on a product like tip blender is just plain daft!

This time last year not many nail technicians had heard of Nfu.Oh, but that has totally changed now that Affiniti is the UK Distributor and they can get to try it.

I am convinced that if you had tried them you would like them a lot. They are new on the UK's market but getting very popular. Sometimes it's worth to try something before making judgement ;)You might be very positive surprised:)

I agree Elzbieta, people cannot judge something they have never tried. Good Luck to you in your new venture into the wonderful world of distribution lol :)

i hav tried the tip blender as i use astonishing products and they are fantastic products the tip blender is good and helps to quicken time up if you are in a hurry but reali in this day and age nail techinicians should be good enough and skilled that they do not need to use tip blender i hope everyone agrees cuz if use dont there is sumit rong!!

suzanne teaches asu to the highest standards and you will love the product from the sexond she introduces you to it. and insteada ripin the back out of the products fone the u must be doing somthing wrong they will be happy to help.

Every1 should change to ASTONISHING prodcts they are fanatastic i love them and my clientelle wont have anything else on there nails now!! CONVERT TO ASTONIHING PRODUCTS DEFFOO it will be yopu best descison ever!!!

Astonishing prices are reali good compared to other companies and the back upyou get is unbelivable instead of instructing you over the fone f something goes rong they come to you or you go to them one or the other its great. and i am sure one of the educators would come out and demo the gel to you not nessiceraly give you samples but demo it to u thats what they done with me and they took the time to go through everythings it was great iv them a we shout im sure theyd b happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
To launch their new brand, they brough in David Fowler and Stephanie Le Roy both who are respected competition champions who previously worked for Magnetic.

Hi I'm from the netherlands and the people you name above only worked with magnetic for something like 6 months and then left so imho that does not say a lot. Beside I never heard of them before that.

Is it not just the next private branding product? (like magnetic is also) Nothing wrong with that but it's not like they have there own lab where they develop their products as CND, EZflow or OPI have.

But correct me if I am wrong.

Minette

I have used this product and my findings are; the gel 'stings' and shrinks like nothing I have ever used before - my application is fine. I have tried it every which way and as far as I'm concerned the only way to get around it would be to use a small 9wt lamp. I find it embarrassing when my clients experience a heat spike so that puts me off completey.
The clolored gels are washed out and you CANNOT deepen them so they remain translucent, glitter gels are just cheap glitter in a pot, (YN have the best I have ever used), the tips are ok but there are better on the market if you spend a teeny bit more (cant beat CND), L&P is very good and I quite enjoyed using it, the only thing is I Custom Blend and they do not have good coverage powders (they will never beat CND) and I also really liked the files, they are washable and long lasting. In 3 months I have used only a few.
Manicure and pedicure products are desperate, I have never seen so many cheap ingredients in a jar, lanolin, fruit kernals, fats, waxes...... This is definitely a student range or beginners range - think sally's own/PBS/Strictly Proffesional.
My professional comments is that it is a good generic brand, You will get good results but not amazing results. It is a new company in Ireland and Suzanne and team will do EVERYTHING they can to make sure you are backed up and supported - what they cannot do is make the product better than it is. JMHO

I have used this product and my findings are; the gel 'stings' and shrinks like nothing I have ever used before - my application is fine. I have tried it every which way and as far as I'm concerned the only way to get around it would be to use a small 9wt lamp.

It is not the only way to avoid burning sensation in the lamp. I know 3 other ways at least;) and I haven't noticed any shrinking so far, no more than any other gel...

Last edited:
I'm using Astonishing nails and they are perfect for me. L&p is just so amazing and all the colours of gel and arcylic powders are stunning. I'm not hesitating to recommend this product to everyone...

Originally Posted by RedAdmiral
I have used this product and my findings are; the gel 'stings' and shrinks like nothing I have ever used before - my application is fine. I have tried it every which way and as far as I'm concerned the only way to get around it would be to use a small 9wt lamp.

If you don't know how to work with gel or acryl just ask your nearest astonishing instructor to show you and teach you and you shouldn't have any problems with 'stinging' and shrinking' . I never experienced that before so I don't really understand the problem ... even if I was working on the other products I have never had that problem..:eek:
So my advice is: talk to the Astonishing instructor about the problem and let her teach you and you want lose a good product and good prices.

Shortcut: If you know how to use the product correctly you will have really good results.

hello everyone...
here id like to add my little say about Astonishing Nails... first of all i've been working on quite a few products since i become a nail tech around five years ago, so i can honestly say which is best for me... i couldnt even imagine that i choose one and only one brand and i will stick to it for ages!
creative? to be honest until i came to this country ive never heard about it..what i think is- the more good quality companies we have in a market the better choice we have. ok, but coming back to Astonishing Nails- i love acrylic and im acrylic person- amazing white powder! never've seen such a bright white, nice camufflage powder- covers very well, also have tried few colours- love them, liquid has got just right drying time...well there is nothing i dont like really! Files- was very surprise, but they last for really long time. my clients coming back with no problems whatsoever.
and here is something that i thought ive never say- LOVE THEM GEL...
so thats my opinion, im happy with astonishing nails products and decided work with them as a part of their team- and please dont judge before u try...best nail techs use their products and getting best prizes on competitions!

Last edited:
Agnes, which competitions have they won with Astonishing Nails products?

Some of the nail techs who act as trainers were competition winners before becoming associated with Astonishing Nails. And some of them still work for other companies as far as I am aware - David Fowler and Stephani LeRoy run a consultancy that tests and helps develop products for a number of companies.

I've seen no reference or claim by Astonishing Nails either on their website or in their email newsletter that I receive that they have won competitions with their products so far - although most likely that will come in the future. If I've missed something, I'd be happy to know which comps were won.

However, do bear in mind that a product used to win competitions does not automatically make it good for salon use. Salon competition nails only need to last for a few hours until judged!

The competition like Professional Beauty in Manchester last year;) I won two second places- in free form sculptured and the championships category using Astonishing Nails brand and as far as I remember one of Educators from Ireland won 1st or 2nd place in photographic category. Our names aren't as big as people you've mentioned, but it's a nice feeling and huge achievement for myself to be placed second and to represent brand like Astonishing nails:green:

Last edited:
Congratulations - good to know!

The competition like Professional Beauty in Manchester last year;) I won two second places- in free form sculptured and the championships category using Astonishing Nails brand and as far as I remember one of Educators from Ireland won 1st or 2nd place in photographic category. Our names aren't as big as people you've mentioned, but it's a nice feeling and huge achievement for myself to be placed second and to represent brand like Astonishing nails:green:

and- fingers crossed- there will be more very soon :)

and- Bob- maybe the competition nails has to last for w few hours- but trust me, if u built nail properly using Astonishing Nails products your client will come back after few weeks with no problems- ive checked it myself, and from the other hand -i think that no nail tech, who winning nail competition would recommend product that dont believe in

xx

hi. im starting my astonishing training on sunday in ireland and im so excited..... ill let you all know how i get on. lots of work to do!!:green:

thanks anyway :) lol

basically i dont like ezflow its to runny for me :) lol

so I was looking for something thicker .

I just need advice.

Hi, I at present use both CND in everthing + Ez Flow.

I love evrything about them both. I will use all the same product with each set, I will not switch and have a bit of that.. if you know what I mean.

I have not heard of the company you have mentioned.

I would need a lot more information before I even Open up one of their "catalogues"

I truely do believe ..... CND & Ez Flow are one of the best on the market.

Hope this helps you a little..

Good Luck on your "decisions".

I would need a lot more information before I even Open up one of their "catalogues"

I truely do believe ..... CND & Ez Flow are one of the best on the market.

Good Luck on your "decisions".

Prefer work on product samples then looking in "catalouge" to find out whats what... dont understand why some people put new products (well new to UK by the way) down without even trying?! I ensure u that in some countries they hardly know CND- and nail market is far far more advanced than UK's
:lol:

Prefer work on product samples then looking in "catalouge" to find out whats what... dont understand why some people put new products (well new to UK by the way) down without even trying?! I ensure u that in some countries they hardly know CND- and nail market is far far more advanced than UK's
:lol:
huh? Show me countries more advanced than the UK and haven't heard of CND.

Latest posts

Back