Attack

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

Reaction score
Well believe it or not after just getting over my dad dying I have had to deal with an attack by a nurse on Monday. She committed a common assault and criminal damage which she admitted to the police and sent a written apology and paid for the damage to the premises. Question is, do I report her....... company policy says yes.

If she admitted it and paid for the damage and wrote an apology I would be inclined to leave it there.

I am guessing by reporting it further it could damage her career further than it has already done so.

You know the lady in question, do you think in your heart it was out of character or is she a bit nasty anyway?

Jacqui xx

Well believe it or not after just getting over my dad dying I have had to deal with an attack by a nurse on Monday. She committed a common assault and criminal damage which she admitted to the police and sent a written apology and paid for the damage to the premises. Question is, do I report her....... company policy says yes.

I agree with Mrs Axl Rose (he is cute) but I would add, "I won't take this further and accept your apology, money and admittance as punishment but if you come near me and my property again, I will have you in court so fast. Accepting is not forgiving, forgiving is not forgetting"

So if you were friends, sack her

If she was a client, sack her

If you hardly know her, report her anyway so if she ever messes up again, you could get an injunction or whatever.

Don't let the buzzards get you down xxx

I am really sorry to hear about your very hard time xxx

I would personally report her. This person cannot control herself. If it happened once it may happen again. The fact she apologise and admitted to an assault is because she's scared more about her a**e then anything else.

Especially if she's a nurse she should not be allowed near vulnerable people if she's having anger attacks and turns toward other people.

Xxx

So sorry about your dad, you don't need this hassle but I would report her, while there are millions of amazing nurses anyone with this temperament should be doing something else! Plus the fact we hear daily about nurses being assaulted in their workplace, shame on her she should know better! :hugs: x

Somebody in the caring profession committed assault? Report it, no question. How would you feel if she went on and assaulted a vulnerable patient?

If I where in your shoes, I would still report it. Regardless of company policy, she is in a position of responsibility with vulnerable people.

If she can not control herself then she should not be a nurse. It makes me sick when I read about doctors and nurses being assaulted. She should know better.

There is no excuse to attack someone, end off. It's like saying it's ok for a women to hit a man and he should take it but then saying it's not ok for a man to hit a women and how he is abusive. One rule for all.

Sam xxx

If the police are involved are they not prosecuting?
So sorry you've had such a bad time.

If she admitted it and paid for the damage and wrote an apology I would be inclined to leave it there.

I am guessing by reporting it further it could damage her career further than it has already done so.

You know the lady in question, do you think in your heart it was out of character or is she a bit nasty anyway?

Jacqui xx
I agree with Jacquelineanna. She admitted it, paid for the damage and wrote an apology. I would be inclined to leave it based purely on the limited information you have given us.

What we don't know is if this is out of character for this nurse and what the circumstances were leading up to the attack. I am not by any means condoning the behaviour of the nurse, but not knowing the circumstances behind this... and it is none of our business.. it is difficult to advise wether to report the nurse or not.

Dire situations/circumstances can make people do dire things in dire times and whilst this is no excuse, the circumstances need to be taken into account. Was this attack at work, within working hours, after working hours, in front of patients etc...

I would say think carefully about everything and take it from there. If you genuinely think this could happen again and that this person is definitely a liability to patients, other colleagues and the profession, then you need to report it. Furthermore do you feel that the apology was genuine and not just to cover an *rse. If so then leave it there.

There are significant ramifications for somebody being struck off the professional nursing register. Perhaps this person needs help.

Oh you poor thing, sorry to hear this on top of everything else. What actually happened Smooth?

Latest posts

Back