avoiding wax contamination.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jenny,

I dont think we need to do an anonymous survey.I think given the fact that we are an extremely busy salon and always getting new clients on recommendations speaks volumes by itself.

I think yes,people/clients would walk if they weren't happy with our hygiene and treatments,but they dont walk anywhere other than back into our salon for their next appointment.

We never do special offers or money off days because we dont need to.

This isn't my salon so I have no reason to lie about the stated facts.I'm just saying this is what it's like for us and many other salons that are equally as busy and with the same methods in their waxing procedure.

Also we have lots of different clients including dentists,dental nurses(used to be a dentist 2 shops from us)doctors,nurses,physios not to mention lots of others and I am 100% sure they were more than keyed up on health issues.Maybe that's just it,they knew the REAL dangers/or lack of,lurking in our wax pots and roller waxing system.

It does make you wonder dosn't it???

I think if your'e happy with your 500 clients and your own methods then that's great.When and if I see anybody that has received anything resulting from cross contamination from a wax treatment or if the law is changed then and only then will I change my work practices and my views on this.:D

Hi Jenny,

I dont think we need to do an anonymous survey.I think given the fact that we are an extremely busy salon and always getting new clients on recommendations speaks volumes by itself.

I think yes,people/clients would walk if they weren't happy with our hygiene and treatments,but they dont walk anywhere other than back into our salon for their next appointment.

We never do special offers or money off days because we dont need to.

This isn't my salon so I have no reason to lie about the stated facts.I'm just saying this is what it's like for us and many other salons that are equally as busy and with the same methods in their waxing procedure.

Also we have lots of different clients including dentists,dental nurses(used to be a dentist 2 shops from us)doctors,nurses,physios not to mention lots of others and I am 100% sure they were more than keyed up on health issues.Maybe that's just it,they knew the REAL dangers/or lack of,lurking in our wax pots and roller waxing system.

It does make you wonder dosn't it???

I think if your'e happy with your 500 clients and your own methods then that's great.When and if I see anybody that has received anything resulting from cross contamination from a wax treatment or if the law is changed then and only then will I change my work practices and my views on this.:D

This is my position as well. We work in an area that is over populated with salons. We have a dentist office, lawyer office and doctor office right above us. I am booked solid 5 days a week with requests. we also do not put on specials to bring in new clients... our reputation speaks volumes. And... I don't wear gloves, and I double dip. My work station is incredibly clean, and there are no floaties in my wax pot. This doesn't mean our standards are not as high as someone that doesn't double dip. Education is the key. I'm not speaking about technique we learn in school. I mean being educated to the fullest about bacteria and viruses and having a very solid understanding about how they work. But in the end... what one feels comfortable in their salon with their current method of wax removal is what works best for them... Doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't taking the health of ourselves and our clients seriously.

Latest posts

Back