Bare Escentuals or Jane Iredale

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mum and I have both had our faces made up with Bare Escentuals and on first impressions I was very impressed! Mum was first and I couldn't believe how smooth and even her skin looked and the colour was perfect.

My face I was not so enthralled about although my skin looked even. I think the blusher that was used was too brown for my colouring (a bit irish looking - very dark warm brown hair, green eyes and very pale skin) and now that I've got home I think the colour foundation used was a little too dark even though the second from lightest was used.

I've also noticed that although generally my face looks smooth on closer inspection it looks dry, 'bitty' and a little 'cakey' especially round the creases of my nose and the fine lines around my eyes seem to have filled up with the foundation. I'm not sure if this is normal - could someone enlighten me? Is this why Jane Iredale is better or does that do the same?

I've yet to see the Jane Iredale foundation. I know there is a liquid mineral version. Would that be better for my skin type (dehydrated, dry, sensitive).

I'm feeling a bit disappointed but I'm keeping open minded.......

I am not a Beauty Therapist...or trained in make up.
But I also have quite dry skin...with dry patches....and I have found the Jane Iredale liquid mineral foundation gives me great coverage....and it hydrates my skin too. HTH until the experts post!!!

I am not a Beauty Therapist...or trained in make up.
But I also have quite dry skin...with dry patches....and I have found the Jane Iredale liquid mineral foundation gives me great coverage....and it hydrates my skin too. HTH until the experts post!!!

Isabel you are an expert you are using it:hug:

The Liquid minerals is great for dry skin because it is so moisturising, however I too have dry skin and the pressed Jane Iredale is equally as nice on the skin.

Mani fique I know exactly what you are saying about the BE I too have that problem sometimes if I apply too much.

I have not noticed this with Jane Iredale.

I am glad you are trying both as you will find your own preference, but i am fairly confident you will be converted to Jane Iredale

Well had my visit from Louise - and she really knows her stuff. The products are fantastic - I have a few items form the BE range but the JI ones seem far superior. What Louies pointed out was that BE so not state what their product ingredients are and JI do - why is that then??

Anyway, I have gone ahead and placed an order and can't wait to get my beautiful Jane Iredale range!

I have my JI training day on Monday and hope to meet up with Martigirl there.

I am one of Martigirls clients.....and she did my makeup last week...I loved the Jane Iredale make up so much...I had to buy it. I have the mineral pressed powder, which gives great coverage and is so light you don't feel you have make up on...brilliant for everyday use.
I also had to have the Liquid Mineral Foundation which just makes my skin look and feel fab.
I am just sitting here putting it on at the moment...as I know it will last all day & into the evening......worth every penny!!

May I ask why you have both the pressed and liquid foundations? What are their differences apart from the obvious. Is one better for certain situations/skin types than the other?

It seems so far that Jane Iredale is definately coming out on top. I'm not going to get my hopes up as I really do have awkward skin. Because of long term ill health my skin most of the time is dry, haggard, tired and generally poorly looking so as the base isn't good then any makeup is going to struggle.

I'm looking for the miracle that will make me look radiant and well lol, but as usual miracles very rarely happen but we'll see eh.

Thanks again for the feedback.

The pressed is more of a matte finish the Liquid is more light reflecting.

At the end of the day it is personal preference as to which you prefer. They can if desired be used together. The pressed can also be used as a quick pick me up if you think you need it nearer the end of the day.

I have quite dry skin around my nose and I find that Jane Iredale makes a huge difference to this.

I use both the liquid minerals and pressed base.

I put on the liquid minerals first (put on with the foundation brush), I then apply my blusher and finish off with a light dusting of the pressed base using the handi brush.

As the pressed base has an SPF 18 I get the sun screen protection and the effect is superb! It's brilliant I have found for brides, where you want them to have a lasting makeup all day but doesn't have the "caked" on look.

I use this method every day as my skin is not too great and it's absolutely perfect for hiding my flaws.

£25 for a training day with JI?! Thats' really good! Whats' their minimum order?? Hhhmmm...nice one, don't think anybody stocks it around here!
Jules

Min order for JI is £500 + VAT, and you get loads of stuff for that.

Bare Escentuals original foundation powder does give your skin a certain "glow" and opaque coverage that my Jane Iredale does not. However,this is due to the fact that it contains bismuth oxychloride, which can be a potential irritant to some: Bismuth Oxychloride Side Effects | LIVESTRONG.COM
Though my freckles show through my Jane Iredale loose powder coverage, it seems lighter and does the trick of covering blotches and the ruddiness of my face. It also contains terrific ingredients for your skin, like algae and pomagranate extract. I've been using it for over 10 years now and have experience no adverse effects, and received many compliments on my skin. Sure, my Jane Iredale does not feel silky when I apply it, like Bare Escentuals, but as I stated before, it seems a bit lighter (and for some odd reason, this gives me psychological comfort--as if my skin is able to"breathe" more).

like the post'er above me. B.E contains bismuth oxychloride which irritates many poeples skin, JI doesnt not and is an amazing product, have used JI at previous salon i worked in its very high quality, had a trial with BE and had a mild itchy reaction, having said that hundreds of thousands of people use it just fine

I have used bareescentuals in my clinic for over 7 years and loved it although could not compete with qvc and department store prices and discounts. I recently took on the environ range and their distributor also supplies Jane iredale. After using JI I would never go back, it offers a much larger range which is great to offer clients and I have noticed a difference in my skin since using the product. Plus the support u get is amazing, much better than I ever had with bareescentuals.

I use B.E for me, I love what it does for my skin but J.I for clients all the way x

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

I've hear about this new range of Minerals by Vani-T. Apparently they are an Australian Company and are now in the UK and sell full makeup kits to wholesale clients. Their products are amazing!! The best minerals I have ever used, packaging is amazing and they have loads of colours to choose from. On a holiday to Australia I came accross the brand - they do natural and organic tans and products to go with it and they are lush! Ive done some resurch and they are the top selling tan in Australia and loads of celebs use their products too.. including Dannii Minogue.
I'm bringing it into my salon soon and my clients have already placed orders from my reccomendation. Everyone needs to try it!

I forgot to say that our products don't contain any irritating ingredients such as bismuth Oxychloride. If you would like to try a sample please contact me.

for personal use I haven't found anything nicer than Boots No 7 mineral make up and the price is great especially with 2 for 3 offers and points etc.

for personal use I haven't found anything nicer than Boots No 7 mineral make up and the price is great especially with 2 for 3 offers and points etc.

I doubt very much that this is a pure mineral make-up. It probably contains a tiny % of minerals.

Latest posts

Back