Bare minerals make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
I got a free test for bare minerals make up (just the foundation) and I have to say, I really like it but found that hard to admit! Because I'm in the Beauty industry I am so loyal to professional brands and have always stayed away from counter brands. So please someone tell me something really bad about them lol! And are they as good as they say they are for the skin? I really hate that I like them grr :rolleyes:

I use the make up and skin care and my skin has never been better. Sorry lol.

I use the make up and I love it, Also my skin has be soooo much better, doesnt look all caked up in foundation either x

Have used it, along with primers, radiance, shadows, etc, etc for years and love it.
I try other foundations but always come back to it.
btw I prefer the original to the newer matte.

So it is as good as they say then! Dam lol! I feel like I'm betraying professional salon products! :Scared:

What products do u usually use Suzanne? Just being nosey. On my make up artistry course we were sponsored by MAC and our tutor used alot of Bobbi brown and artdeco for more natural make up but I suppose these are all counter brands xxx

hi,
i love their products!! i have got sensitive skin, eczema etc, so was dubious but i would NEVER go back to anything else.
love the way you can layer it for coverage, lasts all day etc.
def recomend you use the primers also, they are fab.

and i must admit.... i get mine from QVC. they have the best deals, great kits & can spread the payments
hope that helps
dawn x:biggrin:

I love Bare Minerals! Nothing bad to say about it, sorry! xx

It's cheaper from feelunique.com than qvc! And free postage. And if you have it as your VIP brand you get 10% off all orders.

I feel like I am some kind of misery guts and going against everything everyone else has said, but, you asked, so... Bare Minerals is not as pure as it says it is. It's one of the most chemically-filled mineral makeups you can get. It USED to be very pure, but they changed the formula as they grew and became more of a highstreet/retail brand. This fundamental shift from their basic principles caused a big rift in the company, and another company was actually formed by some of the original founders of bare minerals to bring mineral makeup back to its pure and chemical-free roots.

I am surprised at some of the comments above as I know quite a few people who have sensitive skin and so have ended up having very bad reactions to it, including my best friend who was supposed to be having bare minerals as her bridal makeup.

I honestly am not trying to put them down for no reason, just sharing what I know.

I love Bare Minerals, and i mix a slight bit of origional with a lighter part of matte for the winter.
Used this for my friend when she was a bride and she too loves it, but do like Lily Lolo too :biggrin:

Hi Catherine S, I am curious about the info that you have mentioned in your post about the chemical side of things, do you have any info to back this up? I am a bare minerals stockist and your comments have raised alarm bells and concerned me a bit as i thought it was a pure product..

Hi swilks12! I will get some more detailed info for you. But if you look on the back of one of the pots, a true mineral makeup should only have around 3 or 4 ingredients. I would assume that bare minerals now has a lot more.

I will find out specifics for you though and PM you later tonight or tomorrow morning. I know one of the people I mentioned (who left the company to form a different one), so he should be able to tell me.

Which company is that Catherine? Id quite like to try something else and see if I get any better results. :)

I will PM you so people don't think I have ulterior motives advertising a competitor product :)

Here's something bad.

I'm a jock so when I sweat (no...not perspire...sweat!), it use to make my face itch something awful.

UNTIL I discovered the Primetime face primer. Once I used that prior to applying the foundation, ta-dah, no more itchiness.

Feel better now?

Here's something bad.

I'm a jock so when I sweat (no...not perspire...sweat!), it use to make my face itch something awful.

UNTIL I discovered the Primetime face primer. Once I used that prior to applying the foundation, ta-dah, no more itchiness.

Feel better now?

Itchiness experienced with mineral makeup can uaually be attributed to Bismuth Oxychloride. A true, pure mineral make up will not include this as it is a well known irritant in the cosmetics industry.

I will PM you so people don't think I have ulterior motives advertising a competitor product :)

Hi Catherine S,

would you mind forwarding that info to me as well?

We carry Bare Minerals in the salon I work in but I just don't get on with it on my skin. The colour suits me fine but the minerals just doesn't sit right and looks patchy and yuk! >< also when I put it on my skin goes quite red and blotchy, I get a very itchy hot sensation on my skin. I thought it was the brushes to start with but I did see someone mention on here that the bismuth oxychloride (sp?) in the product can be irritating.

I love their eyeshadow colours but also have the problem when wearing them. I can't put them too close to the lash line or my eyes start itching and watering.

I'd say 95% of the clients I introduce it too love it :D but there is the occasional one who doesn't like it for one reason or another, I guess I'm one of them!

Yes, bismuth oxychloride is one of the ingredients that bare minerals contains which a lot of people have reactions to (you can read more about it towards the middle-bottom of the page here).

What products do u usually use Suzanne? Just being nosey. On my make up artistry course we were sponsored by MAC and our tutor used alot of Bobbi brown and artdeco for more natural make up but I suppose these are all counter brands xxx

I keep changing :lol: I used the Dermalogica foundation for a while, just for day time, and jane iredale and glow minerals for a while too. I will admit I have mac too, I hate it though as my skin breaks out the day after it's on so thats just sitting in the bottom of my bag! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back