Beauty uk at the nec in april?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE

SUN 29TH APRIL 8.30
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - GEL
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - WRAP
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - L&P

SUN 29TH APRIL 12.00
SALON NAIL CHALLENGE - ANY SYSTEM

MON 30TH APRIL 8.30
TOP TECH -SCULPT
TOP TECH - NEWCOMERS ANY SYSTEM
TOP TECH - NAIL ART
TOP TECH - PHOTOGRAPHIC

MON 30TH APRIL 12.00
SALON NAIL ART CHALLENGE
STUDENT NAIL CHALLENGE

ring 01322 227 698

HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE

SUN 29TH APRIL 8.30
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - GEL
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - WRAP
TOP TECH TIP AND OVERLAY - L&P

SUN 29TH APRIL 12.00
SALON NAIL CHALLENGE - ANY SYSTEM

MON 30TH APRIL 8.30
TOP TECH -SCULPT
TOP TECH - NEWCOMERS ANY SYSTEM
TOP TECH - NAIL ART
TOP TECH - PHOTOGRAPHIC

MON 30TH APRIL 12.00
SALON NAIL ART CHALLENGE
STUDENT NAIL CHALLENGE
Ah...........ok the nail art and photography is on the Monday which is the day that I can't go!!!!
Going to have to have a re-think, I think I'm going to go for the Salon nail Challenge, instead.
Thanks again Jac for the info!!!:hug:

OK GUYS THAT'S IT I'VE TOOK THE PLUNGE!!!!

Competition entry forms are on their way, I have a model sorted. And I'm either going to do the Nail Art comp or the Photographic one.

Scared!!!!:Scared:

But you're right, if I don't try, I'll never know.

Thanks to Kirsty and Cathie for egging me on! I needed that kick up the butt!!!

:)

Good on you Jules! I'm in the same place you are - I want to enter a comp, but keep putting it off...... I was going to enter ExCel but didn't, I'm now thinking about Gmex but I'm not sure...... I don't think I'm good enough, but how will I know if I don't enter?!

I need to find a model, get some comp training advice and then just do it :eek: . And before you say enter in April, I can't make that weekend :rolleyes:

I really hope you all do well. Cathie, can I come and see you hun & we'll talk comp nails as well as salon nails??

Ah...........ok the nail art and photography is on the Monday which is the day that I can't go!!!!
Going to have to have a re-think, I think I'm going to go for the Salon nail Challenge, instead.
Thanks again Jac for the info!!!:hug:
I am sure you can still enter photographic, just take your pic in on the day you go. I think i will be going on the sunday so will have to drop my picci off too.

Can you post a picture in or do you have to be there in person Jac ?

you can post it lell, follow the link in this thread, I think its page two and it has the details, if you go to visitors it takes you to the comps.

Entrants to the photographic category may submit their entry by special delivery before wed 25th April at 5pm, or submit their entry on the day in person, by 10am.
Photographs should be printed A3 in size and mounted.

you can post it lell, follow the link in this thread, I think its page two and it has the details, if you go to visitors it takes you to the comps.

Entrants to the photographic category may submit their entry by special delivery before wed 25th April at 5pm, or submit their entry on the day in person, by 10am.
Photographs should be printed A3 in size and mounted.

Thanks I will have a look :hug:

Go for it lell, its good fun and if this one doesnt need a step by step then even better.:)

.BeautyServe.com :: The world of professional beauty, nails, tanning & complementary therapies at your fingertips.

Hi All
Just checked out above link I am dissapointed that not much in the way of nail companies having stands at the show:zzz:

Young Nails Yes but what about the others NSI IBD Creative Ezflow United beauty etc .......:idea:

Jill

Cathie, can I come and see you hun & we'll talk comp nails as well as salon nails??
Come on down Vetster, I'll show you everything I know, which isn't much!!! Looking forward to the salon nail comp which is a new one in the comp circuit......a set of salon nails....now that will tell me where I'm going wrong!

Come on down Vetster, I'll show you everything I know, which isn't much!!! Looking forward to the salon nail comp which is a new one in the comp circuit......a set of salon nails....now that will tell me where I'm going wrong!
wrong shmong, shecan come down with me:lol:

I think the salon comp is a great idea for people that are not confident enough to do the normal l&p, ita hard as it is a new comp what are they looking for in this comp??

I think the salon comp is a great idea for people that are not confident enough to do the normal l&p, ita hard as it is a new comp what are they looking for in this comp??
I think comp nails and salon nails are so different...well they are, comp nails are not real world.....I would like to put myself to the test in the salon nail comp, because that's what I do day in day out!

It would be good to see what the judges are looking for in a set of salon nails

Yeah most definitly i agree.......................It would be good to know what they are looking for in this catogry as it is new in our one we know wha the judges are looking for in the nails, smile line, apex etc

Have just noticed that on the website for beautyuk, it says that score sheets will only be given to the top ten competitors?! Don't think thats fair because without the scoresheet for my first comp (where i came 18th !) I wouldn't have improved as quickly as I have done, because I wouldn't have known where I was going wrong!!!!:irked:

Yeah i've just read that, i agree i think the score sheets are really important so you can see where you were marked down and what to improve on!!!!

Latest posts

Back