Beauty uk at the nec in april?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl, I do appreciate what you're saying here, but personally all I want is a little more information than just " beauty show on what ever date". That's all which I hardly think is putting the show down.
If something like this is to be successful surely there should be more information to give, to interest people to go?
May be I haven't been in the nail industry long enough to express that opinion!? Can't say I appreciate being called cynical when all I'm trying to do is gather some info. I do find your answer a bit on the patronising side.:irked:
But thanks for your input anyway.

So I ask again, if anyone could help on this it would be much appreciated.
Cheers :)
Don't take things so personally, I replied to this thread after the show itself had been called crap (I read all posts in a thread before I reply) and yes "cynical" is an accurate word.
Just to add, I wasn't being patronizing, what I am saying if you don't attend these functions, they won't happen at all .... fullstop. (but you knew what I was saying).

If you really want to find out about shows, call your distributor, i'm sure they would know relevant information on shows...... also since my (and your post) information has been posted on the show.

I'm in AUS and I found this link

BeautyServe.com :: The world of professional beauty, nails, tanning & complementary therapies at your fingertips.

Ive just requested my tickets :green:

Don't take things so personally, I replied to this thread after the show itself had been called crap (I read all posts in a thread before I reply) and yes "cynical" is an accurate word.
Just to add, I wasn't being patronizing, what I am saying if you don't attend these functions, they won't happen at all .... fullstop. (but you knew what I was saying).

If you really want to find out about shows, call your distributor, i'm sure they would know relevant information on shows...... also since my (and your post) information has been posted on the show.

I'm in AUS and I found this link

BeautyServe.com :: The world of professional beauty, nails, tanning & complementary therapies at your fingertips.
Ok Carl, I've calmed down now!:lol: Thank you for your explanation and the link, most helpful. I'm not one of the most clued up people when it comes to PC's and searching stuff etc. So I hope you'll bare with me on that, I'm getting there slowly.
It wasn't the point that you were putting across that I found patronising, it was the statement "you guys haven't been in the industry long enough to be cynical (i've checked all your profiles)".
Any way forgotten about as far as I'm concerned.

I appologise for my out burst and hope you haven't taken too much offense.
Toys back in the pram!! :lol: :lol:

PS Have booked my tickets!

I have requested my tickets - I only live down the road (well - 45 mins away) and you have to give these things a try.

I did have a flyer for it but cant seem to find it but I thought Hyperion/Creative were gonna be there....maybe I imagined it?

Who's gonna enter then??????????/

SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING

Wouldnt mind going to that one.

Think i' gonna do the comp and the photography one its james bond theme how about you gonna join me??

I'll do it - see if for once I can get out of my 4th place rut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay well done hun .................. come on girlies??????????

Me? I'm a competition virgin!

Definately going though got my tickets booked.

I'll come and support you guys. See what it's all about eh?

Maybe after I may pluck up the courage to enter next time. :green:

Think i' gonna do the comp and the photography one its james bond theme how about you gonna join me??
I will see if i can make it.

Think I might enter as not too far away from me. Have got all the info but the comp starts at 8.30 am!! Registration at 7.30!! I don't function very well at that time of day. Will have to remember to take my matchsticks!! xx

I've been considering entering the photo comp but not sure if im allowed to. im currently training in level 3 so technically id be classed as a student and it doesnt say anywhere if i can enter or not. i phoned them andspoke to someone on the phone who couldnt help me but said she would send me an info pack...which turned out to be a folded leaflet of the entry form which was on their website. so i still dont know if i can enter :cry:
i dont really fancy entering the student comp because my p+w arent really up to much but i love nail art! anyone any ideas?
linz x

I've been considering entering the photo comp but not sure if im allowed to. im currently training in level 3 so technically id be classed as a student and it doesnt say anywhere if i can enter or not. i phoned them andspoke to someone on the phone who couldnt help me but said she would send me an info pack...which turned out to be a folded leaflet of the entry form which was on their website. so i still dont know if i can enter :cry:
i dont really fancy entering the student comp because my p+w arent really up to much but i love nail art! anyone any ideas?
linz x
just had a look and it really isnt clear, try calling again or enter the nail art one instead:)

Me? I'm a competition virgin!

Definately going though got my tickets booked.

I'll come and support you guys. See what it's all about eh?

Maybe after I may pluck up the courage to enter next time. :green:

come on if you keep saying maybe next time you'll never do!!!!

I quite fancy the salon nail comp!

just had a look and it really isnt clear, try calling again or enter the nail art one instead:)
yea ill try calling again, maybe ill get to speak to someone diff. i dont think the nail art one is for students either tho. hmmm maybe ill have to wait til nxt year :cry:

come on if you keep saying maybe next time you'll never do!!!!
I think because I've never entered a comp (other than on the geek, and the valentines one was my first!) I'm getting a little nervous about entering especially after seeing the standards of you guys!
I guess I feel I want to check out the atmosphere an take notes on what is to be expected at these things. I know it sounds stupid but although I'm pretty confident as a mobile nail technician, I don't know the first thing about competition nails.

(Bit of a closet tech! when it comes to comps!!!) :lol:
Just want to take it all in first.:lol:

I WILL DO IT NEXT TIME, I PROMISE!!:lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back