Beauty uk at the nec in april?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think because I've never entered a comp (other than on the geek, and the valentines one was my first!) I'm getting a little nervous about entering especially after seeing the standards of you guys!
I guess I feel I want to check out the atmosphere an take notes on what is to be expected at these things. I know it sounds stupid but although I'm pretty confident as a mobile nail technician, I don't know the first thing about competition nails.

(Bit of a closet tech! when it comes to comps!!!) :lol:
Just want to take it all in first.:lol:

I WILL DO IT NEXT TIME, I PROMISE!!:lol: :lol:
I didn't really know anything about comp nails first time, never done a class.....still don't really know that much about them and what the judges are looking for.....just go for it and chalk it down to experience....you'll never know if you don't.

B.A.N.A.N.A.S

:lol:

OK GUYS THAT'S IT I'VE TOOK THE PLUNGE!!!!

Competition entry forms are on their way, I have a model sorted. And I'm either going to do the Nail Art comp or the Photographic one.

Scared!!!!:Scared:

But you're right, if I don't try, I'll never know.

Thanks to Kirsty and Cathie for egging me on! I needed that kick up the butt!!!

:)

great news jules !!

the best of luck xx

ooh you go girl, well done, xxxxxx

I'm entering the salon nails comp on the Sunday!

OK GUYS THAT'S IT I'VE TOOK THE PLUNGE!!!!

Competition entry forms are on their way, I have a model sorted. And I'm either going to do the Nail Art comp or the Photographic one.

Scared!!!!:Scared:

But you're right, if I don't try, I'll never know.

Thanks to Kirsty and Cathie for egging me on! I needed that kick up the butt!!!

:)

good on you mate wey hey :)

I'm entering the salon nails comp on the Sunday!
I thought the Salon Nail comp was Monday:confused: .

I don't know whether to enter or not. I'd need to get a model, practice so much and save so much. It costs quite a lot entering and I am rather skint. If I don't enter though, I know I'll miss the buzz of it and I am sure it would be so much fun with so many geeky mates giving it a go.:hug:

If I can afford to go I will prob enter the salon nails and nail art or photgraphic, cathie you should be entering the top tech one:)

I've phoned for the entry forms, just wondered, do they send all the information about rules and what is expected?

I fancied the nail art and photographic nails but I don't know the first thing about either!

What am I doing!!!??:Scared:

I rang too, I think you wont find that out until you have completed the from and paid:)

I rang too, I think you wont find that out until you have completed the from and paid:)
Thanks for that Jac, you know I've really got to stop worrying myself about this, come on Jules, just get on with it!!!!:green:

I thought the Salon Nail comp was Monday:confused: .

I don't know whether to enter or not. I'd need to get a model, practice so much and save so much. It costs quite a lot entering and I am rather skint. If I don't enter though, I know I'll miss the buzz of it and I am sure it would be so much fun with so many geeky mates giving it a go.:hug:
Enter the Salon Nail, which is on the Sunday, and do a set of salon nails...not beating yourself up about the comp standards.....have no idea what the judging criteria is on this though! Something new....actually Chris, enter the comp section lol!

Well done Jules, just go for the experience hun it builds confidence which did me loads of good!!!!

Think i'm gonna take a plunge and do top tech and the photography comp aswell its james bond theme if anyone didn't know already!!!

Well done Jules, just go for the experience hun it builds confidence which did me loads of good!!!!

Think i'm gonna take a plunge and do top tech and the photography comp aswell its james bond theme if anyone didn't know already!!!
Can you tell me, (this may sound a little stupid) but what does the photography comp actually entail?

Basically your do the nails make-up hair what ever you want based on the theme 'James Bond' take the photo or have some one do it for you develope it A3 size, normally you have to do a step by step of how you did it how much it cost but it doesn't say you if you have to do that for this new comp.

Thats the basic jist of it you send it in or give it in on the day jac will probably know more hun xXx

Enter the Salon Nail, which is on the Sunday, and do a set of salon nails...not beating yourself up about the comp standards.....have no idea what the judging criteria is on this though! Something new....actually Chris, enter the comp section lol!

its the same flower - the comp and the salon nails

Latest posts

Back