Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same been using SJK for over a year now and never had a problem. Maybe the client is doing the aftercare incorrectly ? i love them and have tried a good few suppliers mentioned on here and keep going back to SJK.

i had Balmain in on monday this week and i thought this was very interesting

our trainer said that there are only 12 legal hair extension factories in the world ,
and Balmain owns 8 of these.

she also said that they keep the best hair then supply other brands (she didnt say) with hair to sell on as their own.

im not saying that what she said is true so please dont shout at me, but i just thought id post it on here and share my info. xx

i had Balmain in on monday this week and i thought this was very interesting

our trainer said that there are only 12 legal hair extension factories in the world ,
and Balmain owns 8 of these.

she also said that they keep the best hair then supply other brands (she didnt say) with hair to sell on as their own.

im not saying that what she said is true so please dont shout at me, but i just thought id post it on here and share my info. xx
That's mad?! But the illegal ones probably sell as much x

Oh really I havent been there myself but a friend did to pick the hair up for me I dont think ill use them again I have been looking at hairport by valentine x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

I was wearing it myself so definitely followed all correct aftercare.

Oh really I havent been there myself but a friend did to pick the hair up for me I dont think ill use them again I have been looking at hairport by valentine x

Hair port seems nice too

I would be sceptical when brands claim they are one of x legal factories. It is utter b***.

I currently use hair planet for stick tips but want to offer a slightly more expensive premium hair range any suggestions?

Last edited:
This took me ages to read! Wooooo!
Hair planets wefts are good, but single strands not so good.They do thick wefts
Tasha Jacks - good but expensive :/
Hairport bonds are very soft but I like the hair, the bonds being soft cause the hair to shed
Angel Remy never have stock and does not last that long
I&K Chinese hair that does not last
Hair development - I do not like the hair

Im using the SJK hair 8 months on over 300 clients and adore it! No problems. I have fitted the crystal and Lux on Celebrity / high profile clients and they have returned a number of times. This is the line of business I am going to cover full time only. Im slowing stopping the colouring . In ten years do you think extensions will still be as big as hit or will I have to start 'normal' hairdressing again? Extensions are so well paid

Does anyone else be as busy with hair? I really enjoy fitting. What methods do you use and why? Im using the pre bonded only. I find micro loops slide to easy.

I used Glamorous lengths also a few time also! They are just ok 3 months and the hair is done.
Beauty works I couldn't get them out! Beautiful hair though but gosh the prebonded is like glue for wood!EKK

This took me ages to read! Wooooo!
Hair planets wefts are good, but single strands not so good.They do thick wefts
Tasha Jacks - good but expensive :/
Hairport bonds are very soft but I like the hair, the bonds being soft cause the hair to shed
Angel Remy never have stock and does not last that long
I&K Chinese hair that does not last
Hair development - I do not like the hair

Im using the SJK hair 8 months on over 300 clients and adore it! No problems. I have fitted the crystal and Lux on Celebrity / high profile clients and they have returned a number of times. This is the line of business I am going to cover full time only. Im slowing stopping the colouring . In ten years do you think extensions will still be as big as hit or will I have to start 'normal' hairdressing again? Extensions are so well paid

Does anyone else be as busy with hair? I really enjoy fitting. What methods do you use and why? Im using the pre bonded only. I find micro loops slide to easy.

Agree with the hair planet comment. I do love the wefts. Wish they did a shorter one also!

Methods - I do prebonded, micro rings and micro ring weft. Micro rings being most popular, personally I prefer prebonded in my own hair. I find if you use stick tips with rings instead of loops, they stay in well, I use the cut out circle in the pliers to clamp the ring, this can hold for 4 months. Viability wise, not so good.

I hope in 10 years they're even more popular!

What do you all use when applying blonde hair say 613 with micro rings I find the rings are so noticeable as they are more of a beige colour xx

Tasha Jacks
Klix Hair Extensions

I have noticed with my supplier that the hair is all different lengths, even if I order all the same length. Sometimes I have to buy a pack of hair single drawn instead of double drawn if they are out of stock but its very noticeably different lengths when iv applied the hair, any thoughts? X

I have noticed with my supplier that the hair is all different lengths, even if I order all the same length. Sometimes I have to buy a pack of hair single drawn instead of double drawn if they are out of stock but its very noticeably different lengths when iv applied the hair, any thoughts? X
Single drawn hair should be different lengths. Double drawn should all be the same length.

Single drawn hair should be different lengths. Double drawn should all be the same length.

Some companies do % in thick from root to tip
Single drawn I guess would be 60% ish?
Then thicker hair 90% and 97%
Double drawn would be 100%
At least in % you no what you exactly what you are getting
Too many companies say double drawn and then there is loads of short hairs.
sjk do the percentage it looks double drawn though. Its great .

Then other don't mention single/double and you get the hair and think what the hell lol:D

There very cheap but will order a sample or some for myself and test it out seen really good reviews tho x

I used Glamorous lengths also a few time also! They are just ok 3 months and the hair is done.
Beauty works I couldn't get them out! Beautiful hair though but gosh the prebonded is like glue for wood!EKK

I personally am not as busy as I would like to be with extensions, my days in the salon are fully booked months in advance with regular clients, only a few of whom are extension wearers. Any new extension clients I have to fit in on days off which is difficult, I am so frustrated as I love doing them!!!

I thought initially I was too expensive as I only did Great Lengths which as much as I love is just too pricey for most, I also use Studio 58 and once tried SJK, I did think the quality of SJK was OK but don't like the amount of black hairs running through them? Anyone else found this with them? My prices are very reasonable yet I'm just not as busy as I would like to be with them :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I personally am not as busy as I would like to be with extensions, my days in the salon are fully booked months in advance with regular clients, only a few of whom are extension wearers. Any new extension clients I have to fit in on days off which is difficult, I am so frustrated as I love doing them!!!

I thought initially I was too expensive as I only did Great Lengths which as much as I love is just too pricey for most, I also use Studio 58 and once tried SJK, I did think the quality of SJK was OK but don't like the amount of black hairs running through them? Anyone else found this with them? My prices are very reasonable yet I'm just not as busy as I would like to be with them :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek
Once a one of the colour 22s it's sort of mixed tones I just cut them out . I love the quality wouldn't put me off.
You should offer customers a cheaper option as well as a more expensive . Or try going mobile in different areas ?

Anyone used lockshairextensions ?x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back