Best eyelash glue, lashes, pads etc. Results of my unofficial poll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant go wrong with Lash Perfect or Nouveau lashes. Flirties is one to one so you will get more individual attention.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lady lash website is excellent ! They do a sample pack of the glue so you can try it! But sky glue ( of that website) is amazing! Best I've ever used and I've tried a lot !! I get most if the stuff if that website :) flirties is good too , I've heard a lot if good feedback on their products! But if you train with a big branded company you may like their products! Flirties offer training xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I just looked on the flirties website but couldn't see how to order a sample pack, can anyone shed some light please?

Last edited:
Hmm I may try flirties as well, currently using ah francis but haven't seen much about them on here...

Could I ask do u need a primer with sky glue thanks?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh I wanted to know this too..

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Prior any eyelash extensiond application we need to clean the eyelashes - to remove oils, dust, protein, traces of make-up etc. And we need to clean them properly (takes me about 10 minutes just to clean them). Nothing will stick and last on the greasy surface even if you use the strongest glue in the world. It's just the rule we need to remember. I've been doing lashes for the last five years full time and I've learnt it very well. I personally use protein removing pads and primer. And Sky Plus glue. And never ever have problems with retention. If clients come with mascara on their lashes - I even send them to the bathroom to wash their eyes with baby shampoo sometimes - I don't need any oils on their lashes:)

Lashgirl14
I do the same but have never been told to use a primer I am going to change to sky glue tho as heard liads say this or lashbaae glue is the best. If yoy dont mind me asking which primer do you use?Thankyou

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi how does this work with infilling. Can u still use the pads and primer or would u not need to? Great info share :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi how does this work with infilling. Can u still use the pads and primer or would u not need to? Great info share :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get two protein remover pads and fold them into points and then use them in the same way I would micro swabs and primer

If you client has been following their aftercare and washing lashes daily with baby shampoo they should be pretty clean

I also use simple oil free makeup remover on a mascara wand and give them a good brush with that.

Never have any probs with retention

Hi, I am new at this.
Can someone guide me please?
At the moment we use Salon System individual lashes small & medium. Is lash try is better value? if so then which number or curle is similer to Salon System small & medium lashes?

:o

Hi, I am new at this.
Can someone guide me please?
At the moment we use Salon System individual lashes small & medium. Is lash try is better value? if so then which number or curle is similer to Salon System small & medium lashes?

:o

Do you use individual lashes or cluster lashes? Normally individuals would be in a curl like B-Curl, C-Curl, J-Curl etc and there would be a thickness (between 0.10 and 0.25) and a length on the lash pack?

I trained with ah Francis and was never taught to use a primer or protein pads.
I usually buy off their website but postage for a pack of lashes is a joke, so had a look on amazon and now so confused!
I have been doing individual eyelash extensions for 2yrs now and only just realised the vast options out there.
Are mink or silk best? Seen some come pre treated too!
Also I use 0.25 C curl in several lengths but which thickness and length is the best now?
My lashes last clients 3/4weeks before infills so maybe I shouldn't change what I'm doing?
Help x

It sounds like you are getting on ok, if you have been doing lashes for 2yrs and your clients are happy?

0.25 is quite a thick extension and you have to be careful to check that your clients natural lashes can carry this without causing any damage, having said that different areas seem to have different preferences and we have found Essex to be one of the areas where long and thick extensions are in demand so you are not out of the ordinary with those :wink2:

For the classic sets the synthetic mink are absolutely fine, silk lashes are mainly used for volume as they tend to be lighter but you will find that they are more common in 0.10/0.07 and 0.05 so if you are sticking with classic sets of 1:1 then your synthetic mink lashes are ok.

If you find that most clients want the dramatic look with long and full lashes it might be worth looking at the volume technique as that means you can use lighter lashes which will be better for the natural lash but you can create an extra full look for your clients .

I've been doing lashes for a few years now and where I live everyone just want's cluster lashes so I use the salons system one with the extra volume and I use lash fx glue which I've found last most of my client about four weeks and then they come back in I remove them and put new ones on every four weeks,

Would another glue work better ? I personally don't like the look of them at the end with the lash fx glue but my client's is there a clear glue that would last just as long?

I've been doing lashes for a few years now and where I live everyone just want's cluster lashes so I use the salons system one with the extra volume and I use lash fx glue which I've found last most of my client about four weeks and then they come back in I remove them and put new ones on every four weeks,

Would another glue work better ? I personally don't like the look of them at the end with the lash fx glue but my client's is there a clear glue that would last just as long?

Clusters are for temporary wear ONLY.
Usually for an occasion/weekend, one week maximum.
Semi-permanent lash adhesive made for fully individual lashes should NEVER be used with clusters.
Using semi-perm adhesive with clusters causes damage.
Long-term wear of clusters causes damage.
Go get some good basic training. And then train in volume lashes (you can create gorgeous big full lashes with volume technique that are actually SAFE for long-term wear as long as you follow proper techniques and methods). x

I totally agree, clusters are also called weekend lashes and should only be worn for a few day before they are removed. Generally you would apply these with cluster lash glue which is safe for this type of lash and the client can remove the lashes at home when they need to come off!

For clients who want to wear lashes longer should go for express lashes or semi permanent ones as that will keep the natural lashes safe from damage.

I've just read the the 14 pages and it's great to hear so many opinions! As lash revolution don't supply any more I'm now looking for another glue!

Flirties, are you still supplying samples? I've messaged you incase you do xxx

I've just read the the 14 pages and it's great to hear so many opinions! As lash revolution don't supply any more I'm now looking for another glue!

Flirties, are you still supplying samples? I've messaged you incase you do xxx

HI Tamara, yes of course we do, you can message us on here or email to [email protected] and we can get a sample pack sent out to you :O)
(if you mention salongeek we can get this sent out free of charge!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back