Best eyelash glue, lashes, pads etc. Results of my unofficial poll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we offer a free sample pack and you can order it if you click on this link FLIRTIES Sample Pack. Once you have ordered it please remember to email us a copy of your certificate and we can send it out to you quickly :O)
(as soon as the Ultra adhesive is in stock - fingers crossed for Wednesday - there will also be a sample of this in the pack :O)

Okie dokie thanks beautytrix. I have already ordered the sample pack before agessss ago - to try out the expert one - which i use now - so am I still entitled to a sample pack? Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Okie dokie thanks beautytrix. I have already ordered the sample pack before agessss ago - to try out the expert one - which i use now - so am I still entitled to a sample pack? Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's great, thanks for letting me know and so glad you like the Expert one! If you want to either pm or email me to [email protected] your address I can get a sample of the Flirties Ultra sent out to you so you can try it :O)

Beautytrix, I've just been reading about allergic reactions when using Flirties glue and people asking if they had changed their ingredients. Is it maybe because they are using the new Ultra one and its too strong for their customers? I want to get a sample pack as I'm looking for a new glue but don't want to cause reactions in my customers if I can help it :wink2:

Beautytrix, I've just been reading about allergic reactions when using Flirties glue and people asking if they had changed their ingredients. Is it maybe because they are using the new Ultra one and its too strong for their customers? I want to get a sample pack as I'm looking for a new glue but don't want to cause reactions in my customers if I can help it :wink2:

We have never changed the formulation and the Flirties Ultra adhesive is not launched yet but unfortunately anyone can develop an allergy or oversensitivity to anything so a client that has been booking with you for months or even years without problems can have a reaction to nails/hair/tan/lashes at any point as every body is different and this is something you have got no influence in. This is why we recommend to use the Flirties sensitive adhesive for any client who has had a reaction in the past and definitely patch test all clients to avoid problems for you and your clients :O)

Hi all I've been using the nova lash platinum bond adhesive however they have pulled out of Ireland making it exceptionally difficult to get.
I want to see if anyone else has used this and if they have tried anything else that is a good alternative
I find it a fantastic bond and has a rubberised finish so no need for sealants. It's flexible and long lasting after 4 weeks clients still have loads of lashes left
Urgent help needed

I have just orderd sky glue. I hope it's as good/ better than lashbase extreme what I'm using now

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

How you getting on with the sky blue ?

How about the best eyelash primer and mascara too?

Thanks

I have a few questions:
1) I use Flirties & I was wondering what effects it has on the technician. I have recently started to get a bad throat after a day of lashing.
2) How often you advise your client has a rest without lashes? how long for? And how can you guarantee their return business?
Sorry geeks, but these are questions not really covered in training. :)

Lisa 😃

We have never changed the formulation and the Flirties Ultra adhesive is not launched yet but unfortunately anyone can develop an allergy or oversensitivity to anything so a client that has been booking with you for months or even years without problems can have a reaction to nails/hair/tan/lashes at any point as every body is different and this is something you have got no influence in. This is why we recommend to use the Flirties sensitive adhesive for any client who has had a reaction in the past and definitely patch test all clients to avoid problems for you and your clients :O)

Can you send me a sample of this please? Shall l inbox you my details

I have a few questions:
1) I use Flirties & I was wondering what effects it has on the technician. I have recently started to get a bad throat after a day of lashing.
2) How often you advise your client has a rest without lashes? how long for? And how can you guarantee their return business?

Lisa 😃

Just bumping

Lisa 😃

If you use the products in the right way there should Be no negative impact for the therapist especially as flirties is formaldehyde free ;)

If lashes are applied properly and the client look after the lashes there is no damage to the natural lash so the client can keep wearing them without problems ;)

I have a few questions:

Lisa 😃

Wear a mask with a filter? Working with adhesive all day isn't ideal if your not protecting yourself.

If you choose suitable extension sizes for the client, do a good job (isolate well) and enforce good aftercare then no break is needed.

X

If you use the products in the right way there should Be no negative impact for the therapist especially as flirties is formaldehyde free ;)

If lashes are applied properly and the client look after the lashes there is no damage to the natural lash so the client can keep wearing them without problems ;)

Thanks, can you tell me why the glue seems to hurt my clients throat? It also makes them a little sniffly.

Lisa 😃

Thanks, can you tell me why the glue seems to hurt my clients throat? It also makes them a little sniffly.

Lisa 😃

Sounds like an allergy xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like an allergy xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It seems to be nearly all my clients. Even myself. It's the same with the fume and Oder free. Mind you, I am lashing constantly Thursday & Friday :)

Lisa 😃

It seems to be nearly all my clients. Even myself. It's the same with the fume and Oder free. Mind you, I am lashing constantly Thursday & Friday :)

Lisa 😃

Anyone have any feedback on glue??? I seem to be suffering from OA (occupational asthma). I read it's due to over exposer of Cyanoacrylate, one of the main ingredients of lash glue.
I also read that Formaldehyde can build up, the longer you use an open bottle of glue. Hence the shelve life being 1 month.

Wondering if anyone has any advise? I just ordered an allergy mask as this was advised on a university study paper I read.

HELP???

Lisa 😃

Yes you are right, it is best to avoid formaldehyde if possible. Unlike some people think this is not an ingredient but a byproduct that is created during the manufacturing process but with careful formulation it is possible to reach a very low amount which is classified as "formaldehyde free". Not many suppliers can state this so its worth looking out for that as it will make it a lot easier for you in the future.
its also worth making sure you are using the sealer and other products / techniques that your trainer showed you as that will help eliminate any problems :O))

Yes you are right, it is best to avoid formaldehyde if possible. Unlike some people think this is not an ingredient but a byproduct that is created during the manufacturing process but with careful formulation it is possible to reach a very low amount which is classified as "formaldehyde free". Not many suppliers can state this so its worth looking out for that as it will make it a lot easier for you in the future.
its also worth making sure you are using the sealer and other products / techniques that your trainer showed you as that will help eliminate any problems :O))

I'm not sure how the sealant will help with the fume and OA? From my understanding the slightest amount of water being present, the molecules of the glue will have a chemical reaction and form tight chains between the two surfaces being bonded. This reaction will happen in seconds of the water and cyanoacrylate making contact. I'm not sure how this may help with the fume though. Still looking into it :(

Lisa 😃

I'm not sure how the sealant will help with the fume and OA? From my understanding the slightest amount of water being present, the molecules of the glue will have a chemical reaction and form tight chains between the two surfaces being bonded. This reaction will happen in seconds of the water and cyanoacrylate making contact. I'm not sure how this may help with the fume though. Still looking into it :(

Lisa ��

HI Lisa, fumes and vapours are attracted to water which means if you or your client have watery eyes it is a viscious circle. However the use of a sealant (bit like a top coat with nail varnish) does as the name suggests and seals the lashes which means that any odour is greatly reduced and if you use a nanomister it seems that even the most sensitive clients are fine as the adhesive is cured faster :O)

Where can I purchase the flirties glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back