Best eyelash glue, lashes, pads etc. Results of my unofficial poll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a multitude or also a combination of things.....

Maybe the primer and adhesive dont work in full harmony or the primer is not strong enough to fully cleanse the lashes?

Are you shaking the adhesive vigorously before you dispense it?
What room temperature / humidity has your room as higher temperatures and/or humidity can lead to the adhesive setting quicker and it can also have an effect on the retention.
Are you storing the adhesive in a cool / dark place (not a fridge or freezer)?
Is your client using any anti wrinkle creams, eye liner, make up or make up remover or any other products that could have an effect on the lash bond?
Even products like hair conditioners or leave in moisturisers can have an effect as they might create a "film" which will act as a barrier which would lead to premature loss of the extensions.
Even if you think nothing has changed its really important to look at all aspects to find out if even the tiniest thing has changed as that can make a difference to your lash application or retention :hug:

Thanks Britta! I think it must be something I'm doing as its affecting all of my clients. I do go through with my client about what they are using on their eyes, face etc and nothing has flagged as a possibility.
Im possibly not shaking the bottle enough and maybe the heat has affected it. I keep it on my trolley in my room so I will start putting it away in the drawer in the dark. As I say I was fine up until I got back from holiday in September and they've just gone wrong since! Ive tried not using the Lashbase primer and going back to just cleansing the lashes with the simple eye make up remover but they're still losing loads :( I've tried all sorts of different ways so I'm putting it down to the glue being off now or maybe not shaken!!

What do you think about shampooing the lashes with baby shampoo? X

It it also very important to make sure you are using the correct adhesive that matches the speed at which you work. If it's too slow to set then you get stickies and if it's too fast then the adhesive will start to cure before it's connected with the natural lash do you won't get optimum bond. Also the method of application and amount of adhesive can also affect all this.

I train for flirties and more than happy to spend time with you on the phone speaking about this and figuring out the best way forward. Message me your phone number and I'll get in touch and we can get to the bottom of it :) xxx

It it also very important to make sure you are using the correct adhesive that matches the speed at which you work. If it's too slow to set then you get stickies and if it's too fast then the adhesive will start to cure before it's connected with the natural lash do you won't get optimum bond. Also the method of application and amount of adhesive can also affect all this.

I train for flirties and more than happy to spend time with you on the phone speaking about this and figuring out the best way forward. Message me your phone number and I'll get in touch and we can get to the bottom of it :) xxx

Thank you that's really kind! I use the Expert Flirties glue and have used that for over a year now and my lashes were lasting weeks so I don't think I can put it down to the application unless I suffered as case of amnesia after holiday lol :) xx

Hi hannah, humidity has been high recently and this can have a big impact on retention. For example if you are a 'swiper' then this combined with a higher than desired humidity can cause bonding problems which you may not normally get. Sometimes you have consider changing the style of application or amount of adhesive you use to adapt and combat this :) xxx

The problems you are having lately are most likely to be the following ;
As the autumn has approached the humidity has been high 60% +

Lash glue works best at 45-55 where as lately is has hit 70 in the uk

So not only is you glue curing quickly in your salon but when your clients leave it's like they are constantly under water ( lashes are constantly wet) and we know how vulnerable glue is with the first 24 hours so unless they go sit in a sauna for the next 24 hours they don't stand a chance!!!!

Also the autumn lash shed is now here so Iike animals shed coats so do humans - notice how you hair on your hair starts to fall out this time if year ??? So do our lashes / it's evolution that hadn't caught up yet

Give it a few weeks when the temp and humidity drops and it will go back to normal - it's not your products, IMO all primers etc work perfectly well together so it's unlikely this

My business is solely lashing so I deal with lashes all day everyday and have been monitoring this all very closely over the months hence I can confidently say all the above :)

Thank you ladies. Someone else mentioned humidity although over the past few weeks it's been a lot colder so I assumed that wouldn't be an issue now...? Do you have something to measure the humidity? Have you been experiencing problems with this? X

Thank you ladies. Someone else mentioned humidity although over the past few weeks it's been a lot colder so I assumed that wouldn't be an issue now...? Do you have something to measure the humidity? Have you been experiencing problems with this? X

Yes, get a hygrometer on amazon or ebay. My humidity today is 66%! Its still very high, so we need to use extra glue and be quick or get a dehumidifier to lower the humidity.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, get a hygrometer on amazon or ebay. My humidity today is 66%! Its still very high, so we need to use extra glue and be quick or get a dehumidifier to lower the humidity.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just ordered a Hygrometer 😃 I'm going to get to the bottom of this if it kills me!!! Thank you lovelies xxx

what are the insurance issues your facing here ?

Hiya, the issue is not that the product is made abroad, the issue is that it has not yet been EU certified. I looked into it and the ISO medical grade is to Korean standards, not EU. As Lashgirl pointed out, this doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe but until it has been assessed and approved to EU standards, then this can effect your insurance should a problem arise. I've spoken to a few Insurers and some have a set stance in this, which is glue from abroad is fine as long as it ha been given EU certification. Another insurer was very vague and didn't know what I was talking about. When they finally got back to me they said, they'd only be able to make a decision should a problem (claim) arise, which to me means the insurance counts for nothing?!!

Disappointed as its a fab product to use! X

As higher the humidity in the room - as quicker your glue will dry. Actually 60-65 is the best humidity level to work with. 55 is a bit low for me as I'm very quick with my application and I like the glue to set faster. If humidity level is higher - it's absolutely fine, but you need to make sure you work quickly. Between dipping extension lash in the glue and applying it onto natural lash it should be a second. Not 3 seconds, not 5 seconds, not 10 seconds as the glue will get dry until you put the lash on the lash and extension won't last long. For me the worst thing is a central heating and dry air, not humidity -as glue dries forever when humidity level is too low...

This are my two sets of eyelashes I did just to practise can you tell me where I am going wrong and how I can achieve a more fuller look Tia x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 245
Hope pic update image.jpg

Hiya, So ive been doing Semi perm extensions for 4 years and express lashes for nearly two years and yes this is the method where the eyes are open and using individual lashes with a layering method. I Really like the sound of the Sky Glue but need a sensitive one for the Express method - anybody had really good experiences with a glue thats suitable? Im loving doing this easy method and find its so nice to remove and do a new set every two-three weeks, lashes seem so much more well behaved!

Thanks

Hiya, So ive been doing Semi perm extensions for 4 years and express lashes for nearly two years and yes this is the method where the eyes are open and using individual lashes with a layering method. I Really like the sound of the Sky Glue but need a sensitive one for the Express method - anybody had really good experiences with a glue thats suitable? Im loving doing this easy method and find its so nice to remove and do a new set every two-three weeks, lashes seem so much more well behaved!

Thanks

How about looking at flirties sensitive - still a fast setting adhesive but also virtually fume free so can be used when performing express lashes if using the open eye method.

You can order a free sample pack which includes a sample of the three adhesives (SENSITIVE / EXPERT / ULTRA) so you can try them before you buy.
All we ask is that you send us a copy of your certificate for the relevant treatment before we can send the samples :)

I bought lash base sensitive glue and hated it . Its waste of money. Took ages to dry. Now i cant open the lid as well just after one use. Plz give suggestions how can i open lid atleast i can do my lashes and make the use of it :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought lash base sensitive glue and hated it . Its waste of money. Took ages to dry. Now i cant open the lid as well just after one use. Plz give suggestions how can i open lid atleast i can do my lashes and make the use of it :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Use some grippers to loosen off the lid.
Pierce the top with a pin or paper clip - carefully. when using close but not tight and then when finished open and then close properly to check it hasn't set closed. I never wipe and find this works well - but still stops the air getting to it whilst using. Hope this helps. Failing that you just have to unscrew the whole top and use an applicator to dispense an amount, which means the air will soon degrade the quality and BB Date

Last edited:
Thanks flirties I have tried a sample but found it about the same as the one I'm using. Just putting some feelers out there to see what people are currently using for express. Would love to see another lash poll done!

You can order a free sample pack which includes a sample of the three adhesives (SENSITIVE / EXPERT / ULTRA) so you can try them before you buy.

All we ask is that you send us a copy of your certificate for the relevant treatment before we can send the samples :)

This is the lin Search - sample

Thanks flirties I have tried a sample but found it about the same as the one I'm using. Just putting some feelers out there to see what people are currently using for express. Would love to see another lash poll done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back