Best Gel Polish- Votes Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"hypoallergenic" read Hypoallergenic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the term lacks a medical definition"

If a product is declared to be hypoallergenic I want to see an independent case study that proves it less likely to cause allergies than other products in the market. Otherwise it is just a nonsense marketing term.

Gel allergies are largely caused by poor handling and skin contact. It's the fault of the tech not the product.

The likelihood is it was the acetone that dried them while taking off & the sanitiser, not the gel.
I am very naughty, always have been a biter so love to bite my (soak off) gel off. NOT THAT I WOULD EVER TELL MY CLIENTS.
I don't use acetone on myself & don't have dry nails any more. Only the odd white bit where the gel was really well stuck.

Try adding a little cuticle oil to the acetone when doing clients to help it stop the drying out.

I wish they could come up with something other than acetone.

How about a gel that desolved with fairy liquid or Mr Sheen..... then we could all get out of the washing up & house work.

My natural nails are usually very flexible, they never break/ shatter until I've been using gelish for a few months.. it's not the acetone as other brands don't do this to me. I think it's the base coat..

gelicure. love it.

My natural nails are usually very flexible, they never break/ shatter until I've been using gelish for a few months.. it's not the acetone as other brands don't do this to me. I think it's the base coat..

In that case you could always use Bio Sculpture as a base (either the clear or Sculpturing)to the the Gelish colours.

I have done this successfully

Entity colour couture for me!! Followed by gelish x

Has anybody else used gellux? So easy to apply and lovely colours!x

I think its great! :)

Latest posts

Back