Bikini waxes, names, prices, description?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us not forget the 'taint'

It taint your butt

It taint your labia

But it IS inbetween

So we can have labia, butt crack, anus (omg, the ole charlie...how hysterical is that) and taint!

is that the guiche?!

Hi fellow geeks,
Just wanted to share with you my new names, descriptions & prices regarding the bikini area waxes;
  • bikini line - outside knickerline -£7
  • high leg bikini - high sids & top - £10
  • brazilian - strip left - £12
  • brazilian plus - strip left plus all hair underneath removed - £15
  • playboy - pencil line left - £14
  • playboy plus - pencil line left plus all hair underneath removed - £17
  • barly brazilian - small square left - £15
  • barly brazilian plus - small square left plus all hair underneath removed - £18
  • american - all hair removed -£20
  • buttocks only - £8
I know some of you are thinking OH MY GOD how many different types of waxes to choose from, but this way every type of shape, style and area my clients ask for is covered.
I have some clients book in and pay for what i call a brazilian but go out with what i now call a barly brazilian plus, so now i will offer a full choice & description & every wax gets its own price! :)

Before you decide on names.....you must put your prices up. Of course, take into account your client base but £10 for a Braz????? That's ridiculous. You'll be working for nothing.

The trouble with using the correct terminology is that a lot of people don't actually know what they mean. Crack.....although very undignified, is a well know term in the waxing worlf for anus.

Even though I detail everything on my site, I still had a call from a guy last week who said, 'Allo love....wanna book in for a wax round me ole Charlie's' LOL Love it!!!

I understand what you mean regarding my prices and have put them up a little - as you can see from my previous thread, however I work renting a room in a sunbed shop in East Ham and I know my clients just wouldnt pay the types of prices that you think I should be charging. I feel nervous about putting the new prices in the price list as it is. :irked:

What's a barly Brazilian? xx

Personally, I would cut it down to the following and just do whatever 'shape' they want;

• brazilian - strip/square/triangle left at top (inc a strip underneath) - £12
  • playboy - pencil line/square/triangle left at top & all hair underneath removed - £17
  • buttocks only - £8
I would cut it down to these, firstly, because they seem quite repetetive in that they are essentially the same but with a diff shape left, and secondly, because when your trying to squeeze them into your price list, it is gonna annoy the hell out of you that they take up so much damn space!! lol. And Finally, the client will get confused and probably bored at brazilian plus. And i can tell you from feedback from my clients, they get confuzzled at the 5 diff ones i have in my price list, even though they are clearly described!

hope u dont think im bein harsh, just cant think of any other way to put it across! :hug:

Personally, I would cut it down to the following and just do whatever 'shape' they want;

• brazilian - strip/square/triangle left at top (inc a strip underneath) - £12
  • playboy - pencil line/square/triangle left at top & all hair underneath removed - £17
  • buttocks only - £8
I would cut it down to these, firstly, because they seem quite repetetive in that they are essentially the same but with a diff shape left, and secondly, because when your trying to squeeze them into your price list, it is gonna annoy the hell out of you that they take up so much damn space!! lol. And Finally, the client will get confused and probably bored at brazilian plus. And i can tell you from feedback from my clients, they get confuzzled at the 5 diff ones i have in my price list, even though they are clearly described!

hope u dont think im bein harsh, just cant think of any other way to put it across! :hug:

That list does sound better, but i need something inbetween brazilian and playboy.
What would i call/ charge when a client wants a brazilian strip of hair left but all hair underneath removed?
The space on my pricelist is no problem as i am in the process of re- designing it and was going to have an "intimate waxing" page opposite the standard wax prices.
I dont want to frighten / bore clients with what i offer just want an precise description of everything.
Should I just add a barly brazilian into the list you wrote above with the description - strip of hair left with all hair underneath removed?

What's a barly Brazilian? xx

Barly brazilian is a term of wording i made up for - a small square of hair left.
Barly brazilian plus - is the same as above including all hair underneath removed.

I only created this has i was having clients booking in for a brazilian and when it come to the top part being waxed they would go really low ending up with a small little square bit of hair left - and still paying £10 brazilian price! As i had no name or description of this wax i decided to create "Barly brazilian"

Should I just add a barly brazilian into the list you wrote above with the description - strip of hair left with all hair underneath removed?

well i would say that was a playboy going by 'my version' of your list...?
I reeeeally think you are over complicating things lol.

the main 'stages' of the removal of hair would be:

Top Sides = modest, universally known

Top sides, underneath sides,across the top = High Leg (as you call it) Maxi (as I call it)

Strip / square / triangle left top and strip left underneath = Brazilian

Strip / square / triangle left top and NO HAIR left underneath = Playboy

ALL hair removed = American / Hollywood

You could even have a seperate option for the bum (actually between the cheeks) so they can add this to any other bikini wax.

...The extra one you want to add in, is essentially a playboy, by your definition, just with a diff shape left. But when you think about it the actual amount of work will be no different really!

So personally, i think keep it simple, because even I am confused at the amount of waxes you want to add lol.

The only other way you could do it is PER AREA; but that would mean actually naming each area which could again cause confusion! lol.

I only created this has i was having clients booking in for a brazilian and when it come to the top part being waxed they would go really low ending up with a small little square bit of hair left - and still paying £10 brazilian price! As i had no name or description of this wax i decided to create "Barly brazilian"

I see what you mean now hun, but i personally would just do it as brazilian or playboy. Or like i said split the bikini into areas and charge per area.

I would have to make you a diagram so yu know what i mean, and it may be hard to explain to clients! However, it would be a 'fool proof' way of pricing once you got to grips with the areas!

I have one called the Aussie ( down and under!) Does that help? xx

well i would say that was a playboy going by 'my version' of your list...?
I reeeeally think you are over complicating things lol.

the main 'stages' of the removal of hair would be:

Top Sides = modest, universally known

Top sides, underneath sides,across the top = High Leg (as you call it) Maxi (as I call it)

Strip / square / triangle left top and strip left underneath = Brazilian

Strip / square / triangle left top and NO HAIR left underneath = Playboy

ALL hair removed = American / Hollywood

You could even have a seperate option for the bum (actually between the cheeks) so they can add this to any other bikini wax.

...The extra one you want to add in, is essentially a playboy, by your definition, just with a diff shape left. But when you think about it the actual amount of work will be no different really!

So personally, i think keep it simple, because even I am confused at the amount of waxes you want to add lol.

The only other way you could do it is PER AREA; but that would mean actually naming each area which could again cause confusion! lol.

No - are right, i am going to go with your first list of descriptions- thank you.
I will include inbetween bum cheeks in the buttocks wax i just didnt want to write that on the list.
Sorry for all complication I just want it all to sound perfect - which it does now!:hug:

Right Emma, you are one lucky girlie, I have made for you, A Kate Dearn Original piece of 'artwork', lol. I hope this doesnt offend anyone!!

I have made you a diagram of the 'areas' you could split it up into, and charge £x per area.

i wont post the actual picture, but here is a link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/katelisa/bikiniwax-1.jpg

Right Emma, you are one lucky girlie, I have made for you, A Kate Dearn Original piece of 'artwork', lol. I hope this doesnt offend anyone!!

I have made you a diagram of the 'areas' you could split it up into, and charge £x per area.

i wont post the actual picture, but here is a link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/katelisa/bikiniwax-1.jpg

Thats really sweet of you thank u very much, its a good idea but I will stick with description and set price, xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back