Bikini waxes, names, prices, description?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offer 2 types of waxes.

Basic bikini (anything in the bikini area as far in as the crease at the labia) $25.00 and up (depending on how much we remove)

Brazillian (everything off, back and front with the option to leave a 'landing strip') $60.00 and up

This is how I have my pricing as well, only I will put a top dollar in there. So a Basic Bikini will be from $25 to $50 (US)
A Brazilian will be from $60 to $125

I tie the underwear up and ask if they want it angled or straight for the Basic.

I ask if they want to leave any hair for the BBW.

Full legs does not include the bikini and for the sake of client clarity I say the bikini is the top 2 inches of the leg.

I don't like using all the different names, I feel it only confuses the client.

What is BBW? :confused:
All this info on price structure and whats included is a great help to me as I only charge £6 for a bikini wax which used to include sides outside knicker/bikini line and a bit at the top. Over the years clients have gradually requested that I leave less and less hair but because I have nothing on my price list that gives a definate price and description I never charge more. This will be changing now (after lots of practice and my new hot/non strip wax :hug:) and i will print out and display my new revised prices with a From £x price - £x price depending on the client. One last question. If you do a brazillian (approx 1" strip left) do you leave that same 1" strip running underneath (over outer labia) and round to buttocks?

BBW = brazilian bikini wax

And for your final question, there just is no exact: do you leave or remove. There is what the client wants gone and what they will pay you for.

Again this is why I say

Basic Bikini = no soft tissue

Brazilian Bikini = bikini plus soft tissue (from the belly button all the way around to the small of the back leaving hair where ever they want to leave it: be it a small strip or an angled section, or taking it all off)

I still prefer my way and judging by the positive comments that I get....so do the general public.

Give them any name you like but detail exactly what is included on your price list. xxx

Last edited:
I still prefer my way and judging by the positive comments that I get....so do the general public.

Give them any name you like but detaisl exactly what is included on your price list. xxx

100% agree. I love the way Kim details everything on her price list, clients know exactly what they get and for how much and can also get a tailor made treatment - the names she has chosen are great too! xx

HAHAHAHA!!! I actually think Kim's name are super cute and very well done. It's just not the way some do it and no need to make other ways wrong.

What I love is that they are called the 'California' and the 'Hollywood'. It's kind of like a 'European Facial' here in the states. What's not to love when I am a California girl myself?

Give them any name you like but detaisl exactly what is included on your price list. xxx

I do mine like this!

HAHAHAHA!!! I actually think Kim's name are super cute and very well done. It's just not the way some do it and no need to make other ways wrong.

What I love is that they are called the 'California' and the 'Hollywood'. It's kind of like a 'European Facial' here in the states. What's not to love when I am a California girl myself?

Funny you should say that as I was speaking to two Brazilian women and they said that they don't call it a Brazilian, but it translates loosely to 'What the Euorpeans call it'. Is that true Lori? Proably another urban myth. xx

I also think the best part is Brazilian women don't remove all their hair! Of course we really can't say they do this or that, but the extreme bikini waxing did start there with thong bikini's. From there the U.S. took up the nickname Brazilian Bikini Wax. We have also had the 'Tiffany' (pubic hair on mound waxed into a diamond shape and dyed blue) Sphinx, Full Monty....blah blah. Your breakdown is really good and detailed. I have just always kept things super simple, it works for me.

urban myth and I'm sticking to it

We have also had the 'Tiffany' (pubic hair on mound waxed into a diamond shape and dyed blue)

Ooo, I've never heard of this one, sounds fun!! lol xx

ive heard of a tiffany box, which is literally the tiffany box, blue little square with a row of diamantes lol. bet the diamond shape looks good tho, a square would probs look pretty stumpy!

What is BBW? :confused:
All this info on price structure and whats included is a great help to me as I only charge £6 for a bikini wax which used to include sides outside knicker/bikini line and a bit at the top. Over the years clients have gradually requested that I leave less and less hair but because I have nothing on my price list that gives a definate price and description I never charge more. This will be changing now (after lots of practice and my new hot/non strip wax :hug:) and i will print out and display my new revised prices with a From £x price - £x price depending on the client. One last question. If you do a brazillian (approx 1" strip left) do you leave that same 1" strip running underneath (over outer labia) and round to buttocks?

I think BBW is basic bikini wax!
Regarding the brazilian wax, all my clients want different things so thats why I wanted to know what the fellow geeks call what, what it includes and what they charge.
I have some clients who book in for a brazilian (which I call on my price list strip of hair left - £10) and have all hair removed all underneath and bottom area then when it coms to the top strip bit, they want it removed really low down leaving them with a little triangle, square, rectangle shape left and I still charge - £10! - thats why I need a name a proper description of this wax on my price list.
While other clients will have just the strip left on top and a little of the top part of the strip and tidyed up all around the leg leaving a neat brazilian strip!

I just really wish there was a proper name for each wax with a clear and nicely put description as I think it can all get so confusing!!!:irked:

If you want clear description use Kim's. It is a perfect breakdown. If you want 'nice'? How can we 'nicely' say labia and anus? As you are booking appointments why not print out Kim's menu so you can ask your client about each body part and book accordingly. (I would ask Kim first though, it is her property.)

In my salon I just took appointments, booked one hour out for new clients and this always left me time with a new and possibly nervous client to determine exactly what they wanted done without the phone conversation. I know lots of people reading this may think this is too much time, but when you are building a book you have the time. After waxing the client I could now rebook them with how much time I really need and I also never had to rush them. As I had employees this also was very comfortable for them during their learning curve.

The reality is it will take you 15 minutes for most repeat clients after your skill developes, but depending on how your business works you may need to block out 30 minutes to give the client time to change in and out of clothes as well as time to rebook them.

I think BBW is basic bikini wax!
Regarding the brazilian wax, all my clients want different things so thats why I wanted to know what the fellow geeks call what, what it includes and what they charge.
I have some clients who book in for a brazilian (which I call on my price list strip of hair left - £10) and have all hair removed all underneath and bottom area then when it coms to the top strip bit, they want it removed really low down leaving them with a little triangle, square, rectangle shape left and I still charge - £10! - thats why I need a name a proper description of this wax on my price list.
While other clients will have just the strip left on top and a little of the top part of the strip and tidyed up all around the leg leaving a neat brazilian strip!

I just really wish there was a proper name for each wax with a clear and nicely put description as I think it can all get so confusing!!!:irked:

Before you decide on names.....you must put your prices up. Of course, take into account your client base but £10 for a Braz????? That's ridiculous. You'll be working for nothing.

The trouble with using the correct terminology is that a lot of people don't actually know what they mean. Crack.....although very undignified, is a well know term in the waxing worlf for anus.

Even though I detail everything on my site, I still had a call from a guy last week who said, 'Allo love....wanna book in for a wax round me ole Charlie's' LOL Love it!!!

The trouble with using the correct terminology is that a lot of people don't actually know what they mean. Crack.....although very undignified, is a well know term in the waxing worlf for anus.

:eek: I'm going to have to disagree with you again! :lol::lol:

The anus and the crack are not the same thing at all! The anus is the bum hole (OMG I can't believe I'm actually writing this) but the crack is the area between the cheeks which, as far as I am aware, has no actual anatomical term.

:eek: I'm going to have to disagree with you again! :lol::lol:

The anus and the crack are not the same thing at all! The anus is the bum hole (OMG I can't believe I'm actually writing this) but the crack is the area between the cheeks which, as far as I am aware, has no actual anatomical term.
I rest my case! Zoe......I am well aware that the anus isn't the same this as the crack, although my mum always said that I didn't know my arse from my elbow. This proves my point exactly. Most people neither know nor care about the correct terms. They just want the hair gone.

If there was enough room, I'd change my price list to read:-

Back, Sac and the area between
the cheeks which, as far as I am aware,
has no actual anatomical term. £60

:hug:Stop pouting Zoe. xxx

I rest my case! Zoe......I am well aware that the anus isn't the same this as the crack, although my mum always said that I didn't know my arse from my elbow. This proves my point exactly. Most people neither know nor care about the correct terms. They just want the hair gone.

If there was enough room, I'd change my price list to read:-

Back, Sac and the area between
the cheeks which, as far as I am aware,
has no actual anatomical term. £60

:hug:Stop pouting Zoe. xxx

the only way i know my arse from my elbow is that my elbow doesnt really need waxing, and if it did, it would be a hellova lot easier to get to than my arse!!! lol.

the only way i know my arse from my elbow is that my elbow doesnt really need waxing, and if it did, it would be a hellova lot easier to get to than my arse!!! lol.
PMSL......Classic! xxx

Let us not forget the 'taint'

It taint your butt

It taint your labia

But it IS inbetween

So we can have labia, butt crack, anus (omg, the ole charlie...how hysterical is that) and taint!

Latest posts

Back