Bikini Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen that being taught and quite honestly if you want to make money in your time - ie speedwaxing you simply cannot have the time to drizzle wax from one spatula to the other.
Time is money and i would rather waste a disposable spatula than waste the time "playing" with wax.

My daughter was taught drizzling also (same college i would think as same area)
I would say it is fine to do for using strip wax on small areas but it probably wouldn't work well at all for the hot waxes and as you say its not very speedy for full leg work.Im not sure whether they did drizzle for large areas or only the intimate underarm and face my daughters not here at mo so can't ask her.

We drizzle too. I drizzle the wax from one spatula that never comes into contact with the client or the other spatula, onto the spatula that is going into contact with the client.

I bin both spatulas and use new ones on each area if the client is having more than one area waxed.

I dont find it takes up any more time, but I have been doing it that way for a while now so I suppose its just I have got used to it.

tigi
xx

We drizzle too. I drizzle the wax from one spatula that never comes into contact with the client or the other spatula, onto the spatula that is going into contact with the client.

I bin both spatulas and use new ones on each area if the client is having more than one area waxed.

I dont find it takes up any more time, but I have been doing it that way for a while now so I suppose its just I have got used to it.

tigi
xx

Do you do this just with strip wax or do you use hot wax too.

My daughter was taught drizzling also (same college i would think as same area)
I would say it is fine to do for using strip wax on small areas but it probably wouldn't work well at all for the hot waxes and as you say its not very speedy for full leg work.Im not sure whether they did drizzle for large areas or only the intimate underarm and face my daughters not here at mo so can't ask her.

It was Hertford Regional College, I'm not sure if its a new City & Guilds thing or a college thing?!lol All I'm saying is that its another way to wax if your clients are worried about cross-infection etc!

It was Hertford Regional College, I'm not sure if its a new City & Guilds thing or a college thing?!lol All I'm saying is that its another way to wax if your clients are worried about cross-infection etc!
Yes thats the one.Did they do it for all areas or just bikini etc.and yes you are right its another way of doing things.
One day laws may dictate that this sort of thing has to be done,at the mo i think it is a recommendation by Habia but nothing is enforced by anyone.

Yes thats the one.Did they do it for all areas or just bikini etc.and yes you are right its another way of doing things.
One day laws may dictate that this sort of thing has to be done,at the mo i think it is a recommendation by Habia but nothing is enforced by anyone.

Yeah we did it on all areas!!

Wouldnt it be a lot easier to throw the spatula away rather than drizzle from left to right?:irked:

It definately is but i think they are shown this way at college because of wastage.If all the students (probabably about 100 or more)threw all their sticks away that would be lots and lots of sticks a day and obviously they are on a budget and also have to be seen to be environmentally friendly as well as hygienic.
I like many others double dip legs but throw away bikini,under arm,face and also if at anytime there is blood spots.

It definately is but i think they are shown this way at college because of wastage.If all the students (probabably about 100 or more)threw all their sticks away that would be lots and lots of sticks a day and obviously they are on a budget and also have to be seen to be environmentally friendly as well as hygienic.
I like many others double dip legs but throw away bikini,under arm,face and also if at anytime there is blood spots.

I would have thought that it would make more sense for the colleges to teach the method that can and will be used by the therapists afterwards.
We have had so many students that had originally been taught in college and never got on with waxing because of the methods they learned there and then but I guess that is a subject for another thread..... :hug:

I was also taught to drizzle at college, & also to dust the skin with corn-flour.

& of course i did exactly as I was told....at college. :)
I wouldnt dream of drizzling (or dusting) in 'real life'.

I don't think anything (microbial) would survive for very long in nail varnish what with all the solvents and whatnot in it...
Posted via Mobile Device

That is exactly what the research shows. When the Nail Manufacturers Council (NMC) studied this issue, we found that deliberate contamination of nail lacquer with microbes under lab conditions, resulted in a rapid kill. When we went to various salons and purchased back half-used lacquer bottles that had been in service for weeks or months, used on dozens of clients, the lab examinations found no microbes at all. Double dipping of nail lacquer just isn't a problem. The solvents are very unfriendly to microbes.

However, I wouldn't be so confident with wax. Since the wax is not hot enough to destroy YOUR OWN cells (if it were, you'd get a severe burn), it's probably not hot enough to kill microbes. And it doesn't have the solvents that nail polish has. Perhaps there's never been a documented case of disease transmission by wax, but, I wouldn't trust it. Besides, there's the "yuck" factor, which is not to be dismissed lightly: your instincts are there for a reason!

Latest posts

Back