Bio Sculpture course, should I have bothered?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julieboo1

Reaction score
Hi Geeks. Im new to this and only ever posted once so forgive me if in wrong thread. Anyway, Ive recently been on a very expensive Bio Sculpture gel course. Im already doing L&P and Im CND trained for Shellac. Im now worried that I am not going to get the Bio business to justify what Ive spent on course. Im doing so well on Shellac and none of my clients seem in the least bit interested in changing to Bio ? I think Shellac is great but see the added beneifts of Bio ? do you think the custom will come ?? I have to go for my Bio assesment soon so Im hoping if I pass on a A grade that Bio will endorse me on there site and business will follow ?? Anyone ? :confused:

I feel exactly the same! I have my assessment in a week or so but so far haven't had much interest and now wondering if its cost effective to stock another range?! X

I offer Bio and Shellac, the majority of my clients have Bio :biggrin: Its nice to offer different products that suit different clients and their needs. My Shellac clients are happy with Shellac, and those that are not try Bio and find that it suits them better. Bio can be used to repair nails or build sculpts, even for your Shellac clients! It will just take a bit of time to build up your Bio clients.

Definatly! What if someone wants gel extentions?!

As rainbow has said, a lot of other perks with Bio. Plus those with weak nails suit bio as you can add stength.

Maybe you are just abit overloaded with a few systems at the moment. But they each have a client base. Bio is my only nail system, and I have quite a few ladies.

I may invest in shellac due to its high profile, but 95% of my ladies have had shellac and decided on Bio.

Good luck with your assesment, and advertise that you do Bio and the customers will come :)

I offer both. I have done bio for years and added shellac earlier in the year. Non of my bio clients have switched to shellac. But I didn't expect them to, that's not why I brought in shellac. I brought it in as its a different system and i am building my shellac clients now quite quickly. Thus increasing my clientele all together. I love doing something different too. Continue with your plan and if you advertise believe me the clients will come (if your good of course!!) good luck and enjoy

Shellac just isnt suitable for clients with flaky flexible nails, so if you are treating clients with Shellac then you may wish to state that if you find this doesnt last then Bio Sculpture may be your better option.... That way you don't lose clients since you have already advised there is an alternative window of opportunity...

I don't offer Shellac because most of my ladies have tried it without success, but liked the concept of the way it was applied/cured, so opted to go with Bio for its strength and ability to sculpture & lengthen nails ...

If you want clients to have Bio as a treatment then your going to have to up your game & ensure that clients know it is there... You too might actually find your existing Shellac clients would prefer it since it is a 3 weeks plus manicure, rather than 2 weeks for around the same price ... !

By the way if you havent joined our Bio Sculpture Group then best that you do so that you can have a wealth of advice ..

I find that when i have a new customer we assess their nails. Good nail condition i suggest Shellac. Poor flaky, peeling or very thin nails i suggest Bio. I think there is no point changing exsisting clients from a great product they love... If they break a nail its a great opportunity to do a silk repair with Bio!! I have more clients who have Bio due to their nail condition...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you all so much for your feedback.
The reason I wanted to do Bio was so that I could offer clients an alternative (especially those with weak flaky nails etc ) I have managed to convert a few.
Im finding the biggest obstacle is PRICE ! Unfortunatly due to a couple of salons in my area offering Shellac cheap I felt forced to compete to get clients. So even some of my clients who would really benefit from Bio wont pay the extra ! :( (dont get me started on prices.......thats almost another thread in itself)
Like you all said I think the key will be to advertise and build new clients for Bio ! I 100% believe in the product and the treatments I am doing are lasting well over 3 weeks.

I'm thinking of enrolling on a bio course, as I'd like to offer something stronger for my clients that need it.

Do Bio offer courses for just overlays?

Thanks

I think they do a cheaper conversion course if you are already doing Calgel. If not its the full course x Call them they will expalin what they can offer you x

Thank you all so much for your feedback.
The reason I wanted to do Bio was so that I could offer clients an alternative (especially those with weak flaky nails etc ) I have managed to convert a few.
Im finding the biggest obstacle is PRICE ! Unfortunatly due to a couple of salons in my area offering Shellac cheap I felt forced to compete to get clients. So even some of my clients who would really benefit from Bio wont pay the extra ! :( (dont get me started on prices.......thats almost another thread in itself)
Like you all said I think the key will be to advertise and build new clients for Bio ! I 100% believe in the product and the treatments I am doing are lasting well over 3 weeks.
You lept just a little too soon. :(

i offer bio and shellac and from next week will also offer brisa, different products suit different people taking into account their lifestyle also. find a client that would suit bio that hasnt suited shellac, when she gets results she wil tell her friends etc etc.

i did that when i brought shellac in, i got one or two clients to try it and they loved it and told all their friends and then they all wanted to try it! it takes time when you bring a new product in. how about doing a special offer for a month, that way clients get to try it at a cheaper price and then once they love it they will be hooked! also you get to recoup a little money back quickly. x hth

Please tell me that's a hint Geeg :wink2:

The other ladies have said it all really, I worked for a year using just Bio and no other products and had a *very* busy summer indeed, clients find me via my website specifically looking for bio technicians, the brand is really well known and you will get a new set of clients out of it hang in there and don't lower your prices.

geeg, please tell us cnd are bringing out a soak off gel??!!! i will be in my element!

geeg, please tell us cnd are bringing out a soak off gel??!!! i will be in my element!

I think they might be ... Its going to be expensive changing if they do! As i love CND products. The only thing that is annoying is BioGel only sell to people who have done their course. You can pick up CND products at your local beauty supplier with out having done any training. I wish CND protected their brand a bit more.

I think they might be ... Its going to be expensive changing if they do! As i love CND products. The only thing that is annoying is BioGel only sell to people who have done their course. You can pick up CND products at your local beauty supplier with out having done any training. I wish CND protected their brand a bit more.

That's literally the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. Who are your local beauty suppliers?

I live in Australia so prob different rules? Ie Ultimate Salon Supplies, Norris's hair and beauty. USS is one of the biggest suppliers of nail products in Perth, WA and you do not need to show that you have been trained by CND or to have done a conversion course to buy their products. They stock the L&P, Brisa Gel and Shellac.

I can only buy Bio-Gel from the single Bio-Gel supplier in Perth.. (which is actually a real pain as it it not very close to the city.) It takes me 50min to drive there and their postage is double USS. But it means that no NSS or nail tech can stock the product without doing their training.

Last edited:
Wishing I had held back on the Bio Course now from Geegs response ?? .....:confused:
Thanks all and much luv x

here in the uk we can only get cnd products from 2 suppliers and we have to show our certificates to get an account and then we can only buy brisa or l+p when we have done the conversion course otherwise we can only buy manicure etc x

Latest posts

Back