Bio Sculpture nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titi

Reaction score
Haya to all!!!

Im new to this site, and very excited.
Iv recently started to train in Bio Sculpture nail enhancment system and treatments, and still havent gone back for my exam.

Unfortunaltyl, im a bit worried or concered about this system, as it doesnt seem durable and strong enough.
In the past, iv had Acrylic done on me, and they were so strong, it stayed put for ever. But.....it did ruin my own nails for a period of about 5 month. Thats the reason i thought to take a course, in what was known as a nail freindly system, that doenst ruin your own nails. True!!! it doesnt, but nor is it strong and durable. as i say, still training with it, maybe too soon to say, but have i chosen the wrong system to study? wasnt cheap either.

Help me anyone????

As you read through the thousands of posts on this site - you'll start to notice some common ideas that most of us professional, and experienced nail techs have.. one of the main ones being that damage to nails is generally caused by the nail technician NOT the product used.

It is true that Bio is a soft flexible product, but i use it on all of my clients and as you become skilled with any system you will learn how to use each particular 'strength' of ANY product to produce strong durable nails.

Despite being a huge fan of the bio product i AM NOT a fan of their marketing tactics, and 100% believe that bio is NO less likely to cause damage than any other system - so long as the product is properly applied and maintained - by both the technician and the client.

Any specific problems you are experiencing - don't be shy to post or PM so other bio users can guide you on how you can improve your technique

hth xx

Cheers bud!

The truth is in my opinion and knowlage, this bio system, is nail friendly. the soak off takes only about 10 to 15 min, and all is realy easily removed. the nail looks and feels just normal afterwards. Unlike after acrylic, as iv had them done before.

but as i say, im concered about theire durability, and strangh, which is just not the same as acrylic.
im worried, i will get plenty of comebacks, "look 2 of the sculptures youve done have popped off, or gone" (only after 1 week)

how long does your client stays with them on? honestly!

thank u so much for helping me
titi

I have had clients with bio gel overlays on for years where I just infill every 2-3 wks.

Bio gel is a fab system, and once mastered your clients will love you for introducing them to bio.

No, its def not as strong but because its very flexible (almost rubbery) it moves with the nail, and surprisingly, it can withstand knocks.

However, client education is paramount. They NEED to know how to look after the gel (gloves are vital for housework), but clients do what clients do and dont always take your advice seriously until they have a problem (bubbling & lifting due to hands in bleach/cleaning products).

It takes confidence with the system to trust it.

Hi Titi. I am trained with L& P but for the same reasons as yourself I have just bought the bio gel kit and am training next week. At Gmex one of the Bio trainers did a silk sculpt on one of my nails. 2 and half week ago. I have not worn gloves or looked after it in any way. Cleaned with bleach etc, been camping lol. Anyway. it needs an infill and rebalance as my nails grow very fast but there is no lifting or any signs of damage. I am impressed and it seems very sturdy. She used S gel which I think is stronger.

I used to try my best not to file the natural nail when infilling L&P but on myself especially I just seemed to ruin them. With Bio I think (hope) there seems to be less filing involved.

hope it goes well. I had the same reservations as you after reading several Bio posts AFTER I bought the kit. I am sure with correct application it should be strong enough.

Janine

What sort of damage was done to your nails hun? No enhancements should damage the natural nail,

It wasn't the acrylic that damaged your nails it was either the nail tech who did them or how they where removed and looked after.

Acrylic just sitting there on your nails does not damage them !!!

Haya,
My nails natrually r very strong. but im telling u after the acrylic iv had done my nails were in a terrible state for few month. iv mentiond it before, but i have to stress it again. there is def something about acrylic that ruins ur own nails. probably the filing and access buffing etc, maybe not the product itself, but a major difference between, the "after look" with acry, and Bio.

thanks for all ur replys about Bio, saying that it is good after all, maybe i would like to run before i can walk!!! after all, im still training. hopefully u r right, practice makes perfect! and yes, the S gel is the more stronger and durabel, then the sealer get, which is more softer and more flexible.

Still nothing is as strong as Acrylic. Is it????

Haya,
My nails natrually r very strong. but im telling u after the acrylic iv had done my nails were in a terrible state for few month. iv mentiond it before, but i have to stress it again. there is def something about acrylic that ruins ur own nails. probably the filing and access buffing etc, maybe not the product itself, but a major difference between, the "after look" with acry, and Bio.

???

exactly...and thats the nail tech...not the acrylic.

No, its not as 'strong' as acrylic, if you mean by the flexibility if the product. But I've had acrylic nails on me that have 'popped' off after a week and Bio just last and lasts and lasts. One of the big advantages of Bio as a gel, is its flexibilty, therefore you could knock a nail quite badly, and whereas if this nail had acrylic on, it would shatter or pull off part of the nail plate, with Bio, it bends and absorbs the shock. A definite advantage.

I'm a huge fan of Bio, the product quite simply has made my business the success it is today, but it needs to be marketed properly. If you have doubts in it, you won't be offering it to your customers with full conviction, and they'll have doubts. So you need to learn the best style of sculpts (there are 4 in the manual and further training is available) for each type of client, when to use what gel, and when to use tips.

90% of my clients are now on NNO's (natural nail overlays) as their tips or sculpts have long since grown out, and I couldn't pay them to try a different system. That said, I do offer L&P and Fireglass/silks too....its just a case of analysing what will work best for each individual and 'prescribing' this to the client.

I feel sure that after a little more experience with the product you'll know how it works best, and have bundles more confidence in it, but if you feel you want to run specific techniques by us...then we're here. Good luck!

Dear Zingara and Bugpuss!!!

Thanks a lot for your reactions, u r a great help to me, if not practicaly, then mentaly. i must be the type, that wants to run before she can walk. so as iv said before, maybe it is a matter of practice, and i need to learn to persevere a little. maybe its just the memory of the acrylic staying put for such a while, unlike the few Bio clients, that iv practiced on.

QUESTION???!!!! How do we dedice whther to use tips or just sclupture? which is trully stronger and better?? answeres please

cheers

I believe sculpts to be stronger, but then they have to be the right sculpt....the strongest being the double silk sculpture, with or without a form. Never use tips without a good layer or 2 of S-gel, and even then, I generally only use them on someone that actually requests tips.

You will get there - and its amazing what good read of the past threads on here can do for enthusiasm....I always have a good trawl whenever I have a bad day! Perk myself right up!

Hi

You should not really compare Biosculpture with Liquid and powder (acrylic). They are completely different. Acrylic is stronger whilst Biosculpture is more flexible and a thinner application.

It looks like nail varnish, only that it doesnt chip. If you build biosculpture (at least 4 layers of gel) you will get strength. It also depends on how the nails are looked after.

You are obviously new to all of this - take your time, be patient and you will get good results. Dont criticise products before getting the benefit out of them.

Its entirely up to you to know when to use sculptures or tips.

Tips however, are quicker to apply than using sculptures. You will obviously charge more for sculptures also and from experience, they do stay on longer than tips.

Dear zingara and Adiva1!!
Appricate all ur comments. its not that im critisicing products, i might sound as though i do, im actually just a little apprehnasive and concerend, as iv paid a lot for this course, and up till now, havent actully had full client satisfaction. but as u say, need to take my time! Z, as to double silk, havent tried that yet, should do though, and find it really hard to remove the silk from the paper its attached to. how do u do it? any technic? give me a clue ill def try!
and Adiva, what do u mean 4 layers of gel? S gel and cure 4 times??? if i got u right, didnt know its possible. will ask my teacher next week. but it does sound logical. please enlighten me

love u lots
titi

So you need to learn the best style of sculpts (there are 4 in the manual and further training is available)

Has the training been updated? I'm sure they showed us only one way of sculpting on the training course. I hate sculpting and wonder if I'd get on better doing it a different way. :confused:

Dear zingara and Adiva1!!
Appricate all ur comments. its not that im critisicing products, i might sound as though i do, im actually just a little apprehnasive and concerend, as iv paid a lot for this course, and up till now, havent actully had full client satisfaction. but as u say, need to take my time! Z, as to double silk, havent tried that yet, should do though, and find it really hard to remove the silk from the paper its attached to. how do u do it? any technic? give me a clue ill def try!
and Adiva, what do u mean 4 layers of gel? S gel and cure 4 times??? if i got u right, didnt know its possible. will ask my teacher next week. but it does sound logical. please enlighten me

love u lots
titi

4 layers = 1 clear, 2 coats colour (if you are using any), s gel as top coat.

find it really hard to remove the silk from the paper its attached to. how do u do it? any technic? give me a clue ill def try!

Hold your piece of silk with the paper side down and scratch at the corner of the silk with a cocktail stick to pull it away, then wrap the corner around the cocktail stick ready for use. HTH

im sure theyve showed me only 1 type of sculpting too!!! what other ways? do u mean with silk or double silk? or maybe training was updated

????/:rolleyes:

Nail Chick and Adiva

Thanks a lot for the advice, so 4 layers mean: clear, 2 color, S gel
and the silk procedure? thats what or how i was tought, but still hard to master. maybe tomor, ill sit down with my silk and orange stick and pracitce.

How do i then, sculpt it to the right shape before curing? or do i do that after? its hard this silk business.

thanks

titi

...just been re-reading thru this thread, and it struck me that the 'problems' you are experiencing with bio, are down to your lack of experience, rather than the product itself...

...if you've never had a full set of bio (ext's OR NNO's)applied to your own nails, by an EXPERIENCED tech, i would strongly recommend it! that way you can see the differences between an experiecend tech and a newbie!

this isn't meant as a dig at all,.... we all started somewhere, and unfortunately bio is marketed as being a pretty easy product to apply... well it may be easy to apply, but there are definitely a few tricks of the trade, that can only be picked up with experience, and maybe having a set applied by someone with more experience, will give you more CONFIDENCE in the product, and the motivation to PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE your way to being a fab nail tech!!

:hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back