Bio Sculpture nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could also get back in touch with Bio - they'll be able to talk you through it all again and discuss any concerns you might have about the product.

Hi

Yep, the training and the manual have both been updated ove the last year....the new technician manual is fab, and the new methods are in my mind a big improvement...not that th old ones are wrong...it just gives greater scope for doing things in ways that suit the tech and the client differently.

The main traning course does only include one way of sculpting, but if you go inot advanced training, or do the sculpting workshop as further training, you will learn all four. (Two of them don;t use forms but use the silk itself and give a lovely thin sculpt, that is pinched into a beautiful C-curve)

I guess its like anywhere else - you learn the basic stuff on the initial course and then go on and add new skills and techniques. The further courses are excellent and I would recommend them to anyone!

Titi....Nail Chick has it bang on with the silk....thats exactly the best way to seperate it from the paper

Dear Nail Chick

Today, i sat down with my silk, orange stick and force nail, and tried to use ur advice on how to remove the silk from its paper. it worked! slow but much better. thanks so much!

now can anyone tell me, is using sculpt and silk together, stronger??? double silk? single? or any?

cheers!

now can anyone tell me, is using sculpt and silk together, stronger??? double silk? single? or any?

cheers!

A double silk sculpt is the strongest - but stronger than you should need for most clients. This is acheived not using a form, but overlaying a pice of silk to extend the nail over Zones 1 and 2, a second piece of silk over the stress area to strengthen, adding your sculpting gel to the free edge and stress area, curing briefly, pinching and then building the rest of the sculpture with clear/S-gel.

As I said previosly the full technique is outlines in the manual.

However, I do think you are perhaps worrying a little too much, and a straightforward sculpt on a form, with or without a single layer of silk, using S-Gel is way strong enough for 99% of clients....practise on your technique, building the right thickness of gel where needed, have a little confidence...and the strength will naturally be there.

The real beauty of Bio Sculpture is that is is more flexible than a L&P system....if you can get your head round that and the type of sculpt you need to use just becomes suited to the client and nail type. The durability of Bio is just the same as acrylic....better in lots of cases than the inferior L&P brands...that is your big benefit with Bio!

I KNOW YOU WILL ALL THINK IT IS A STUPID QUESTION/COMMENT BUT AS YOU ALL SAY THAT THE PRODUCT OR ENHANCEMENT DOES NOT RUIN THE NATURAL NAIL PLATE....AND PUT THE BLAME ON A BAD APPLICATION WITH FILING ECT....BUT REASONING...DOES THE PRIMER AND DEHYDRATOR PLAY THEIR PART IN DRYING OUT THE NAIL???:irked: :eek: I MAY BE WRONG, BUT THAT IS MY REASONING AS MY NAILS ARE YELLOW AND VERY VERY THIN, AFTER A NAIL ENHANCEMENT...AND THE NAIL TECH WAS SUPERB.

SANDY X:hug:

I KNOW YOU WILL ALL THINK IT IS A STUPID QUESTION/COMMENT BUT AS YOU ALL SAY THAT THE PRODUCT OR ENHANCEMENT DOES NOT RUIN THE NATURAL NAIL PLATE....AND PUT THE BLAME ON A BAD APPLICATION WITH FILING ECT....BUT REASONING...DOES THE PRIMER AND DEHYDRATOR PLAY THEIR PART IN DRYING OUT THE NAIL???:irked: :eek: I MAY BE WRONG, BUT THAT IS MY REASONING AS MY NAILS ARE YELLOW AND VERY VERY THIN, AFTER A NAIL ENHANCEMENT...AND THE NAIL TECH WAS SUPERB.

SANDY X:hug:

I think the term dihydrator speaks for itself - it de-hydtrates the nails so therefore they will become dry. But, not all systems use primers and dehydrators these days so that cant be blamed there.

p.s. Sandi - please type with using all capitals as it seems like you are shouting.

I think the term dihydrator speaks for itself - it de-hydtrates the nails so therefore they will become dry. But, not all systems use primers and dehydrators these days so that cant be blamed there.

p.s. Sandi - please type with using all capitals as it seems like you are shouting.

My apologies in using capitals i just think it makes my reply stand out more and so read and not skipped :lol: no i am not shouting, if i was shouting i would use red:lol: like i am now but again i am not shouting, it is just something different to the eye as black can become boring. i thought that prepping a nail bed to receive a extension or product you use a sanitizer and dehydrator and primer so i do not know what systems does not prep like this. please do not patronise me by stating what a dehydrator does ...that is why i made the statement ....that it dehydrates the nail and so damages it in some way. i accept your apology :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bio Sculpture doesn't use a dehydrator or primer. There is a sanitiser used in prep but this to do what it says on the tin....sanitise.

also this is just a temporary dehydrator...should you leave the nails for 20 mins or so the oils would just come right back..

Yep, the training and the manual have both been updated ove the last year....

... or do the sculpting workshop as further training...

Hi Zingara

Did Bio notify you about the workshops? I know there's an advanced course for s-gel and art, but I didn't know there was a sculpting workshop. Is it the same as the open days they're promoting in the latest newsletter? And, is the manual the one that's shown in there too? As an existing tech, did you have to pay for the updated manual???

Hi Zingara

Did Bio notify you about the workshops? I know there's an advanced course for s-gel and art, but I didn't know there was a sculpting workshop. Is it the same as the open days they're promoting in the latest newsletter? And, is the manual the one that's shown in there too? As an existing tech, did you have to pay for the updated manual???

The workshops are in the training schedule on the back of the latest newsletter....I just asked about them from there, and booked one. Its only half a day but really worthwhile.

The new manual has been out a few months....yes I had to pay (come 'on...this is Bio!!) but it beats the old manual hands down. There is a lot more to it, and it goes much more in depth.

Incidentally, i know some techs have had issues getting MSDS from Bio in the past...I picked up a new copy...FOC...whilst collecting an order today. All I had to do was ask. its good too, A5 bound with all info included.

Sorry, what's MSDS???

I KNOW YOU WILL ALL THINK IT IS A STUPID QUESTION/COMMENT BUT AS YOU ALL SAY THAT THE PRODUCT OR ENHANCEMENT DOES NOT RUIN THE NATURAL NAIL PLATE....AND PUT THE BLAME ON A BAD APPLICATION WITH FILING ECT....BUT REASONING...DOES THE PRIMER AND DEHYDRATOR PLAY THEIR PART IN DRYING OUT THE NAIL???:irked: :eek: I MAY BE WRONG, BUT THAT IS MY REASONING AS MY NAILS ARE YELLOW AND VERY VERY THIN, AFTER A NAIL ENHANCEMENT...AND THE NAIL TECH WAS SUPERb
Some systems require a primer and others don't, using a dehydrator is a temporary drying process of the nailplate, it helps the covalent bond of the product and the nail.
At the end of the day it is a fact that products don't damage the nailplate, a technician using incorrect filing techniques WILL damage the nailplate, as will the product being incorrectly/forcibly removed.
When you have your enhancements removed you nail will naturally feel thin, this is because you've been used to having the overlay protecting you nails, when the overlay is removed your nails will feel naked and weak, even though they're not.

And a legal / Health and Safety requirement in a salon environment, and from some insurance companies that you hold these for any products you use. Worth getting!

I should say!! I would've thought something like this should come as standard with the kit. I'll definitely be asking for one. Thanks

I should say!! I would've thought something like this should come as standard with the kit. I'll definitely be asking for one. Thanks

I got it in my kit at Gmex.

Yep, they do come with the kits...now! Just didn't when I bought mine about 18 months ago. to be honest the Bio kits, training and info has really come on a long way...

Am I being unreasonable in expecting to be kept informed of changes and updates etc. I know they're running a business too, but surely it's best for them to keep their techs up-to-date - they could offer refresher courses for existing techs. What do other companies do??

They do have refresher courses (well my region do)...check the back of the newsletter. Albeit, I agree that its not that in your face!

And there are a series of Open Days and seminars on at the moment - free to attend, to do just this...keep you up to date.

To be honest I think it comes down to the individual regions and the people that work there....I've now got a good relationship with them and get good inof, but I pop in regularly to pick up orders and show and interest. maybe some other regions it not so good?

My only gripe is that the newsletter should be sent out the minute they are available and not just with an order...sometimes I order, get a new newsletter and then see something new I would have added to that order!

My understanding is that a new website is also being planned....its been in production a year so it should be good!

Latest posts

Back