Bio sculpture postage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which area did you order from?

I use Jamie and Ilona (thats the north area i believe) and they have always been really helpful. Ive been usin Bio Sculpture for nearly 4 yrs now and have never been spoken to rudely. I have had a few problems which they have always sorted out, boxes damaged in transit - they actually ended up changing courier over this, a soak off leaked once over a few items so they replaced damaged items and soak off, one of the pearl gels went a really funny colour so they replaced it, there was a faulty batch of rose gel that faded so even when we discovered this half way thro a ten mil pot we got a full 10ml pot delivered free, I really cant grumble at their customer service.

Even when I first started doin nails and I was havin teethin problems I used to phone Ilona and she would talk me thro what I was doin or not doin.

I ordered a conversion pack of Calgel once from a trade show, just to see if there was any difference and to be honest theres not much difference between the products, but it took about 12 weeks to arrive. They said at the show it would be here within 7 to 10 days. I kept phonin to see where it was as I had paid for it too and they just kept sayin it was out of stock. I asked if I could be sent the equivalent in just gel but they said not. I explained to them that I was concerned that if they were my main supplier and I was relyin on them for products to use on customers it would cost me business, although they seemed to understand this, they still took ages in sortin out the kit. Needless to say we never ordered from them again, and I wanted to order colours mainly just to give our customers more choice. Never mind Bio sculpture bring out new colours all the time, theyve got quite a lot of really unusual ones now too.

Both Calgel and Bio are expensive products, but you do get what you pay for. I have tried all sorts of gels when I first started and these two are definately the best. I bought that kit from Argos before I had any training, OMG it was awful! What a waste of £50. Rio i think it was, did my nails in it the night before I went on hol to Cancun and spent two weeks pickin it off (yes I know you shouldnt do that now), it started chippin away on the plane there!! Gutted!! Other gels I have tried and not got on with are Brisa (not as bad as the other crap thats out there but still not as good as Bio) Star Nails, Millenium, and that other one you can get from the wholesalers - white tub blue label/writing (not too bad for the price - but still no where near as good).

OMG ive written a right essay, god I can ramble, but just thought id add my two pence worth lol

Both Calgel and Bio are expensive products, but you do get what you pay for. I have tried all sorts of gels when I first started and these two are definately the best. I bought that kit from Argos before I had any training, OMG it was awful! What a waste of £50. Rio i think it was, did my nails in it the night before I went on hol to Cancun and spent two weeks pickin it off (yes I know you shouldnt do that now), it started chippin away on the plane there!! Gutted!! Other gels I have tried and not got on with are Brisa (not as bad as the other crap thats out there but still not as good as Bio) Star Nails, Millenium, and that other one you can get from the wholesalers - white tub blue label/writing (not too bad for the price - but still no where near as good).

Hiya ...

firstly you really cant compair Rio from Argos to professional products and you said yourself...you had no training then...so the results where bound to be nothing more than a disaster.

also as for using Brisa and other crap products..(your words) did you have the relevant training in these gel...? to learn how to use them properlly...did you use the correct lamp.....? not all gels are applied in the same way...and not all gels require the same lamps....as Calgel and Bio are both soak off gels, then again comparing them to non soak off gels isn't really fair as they are totally different.....and you havent been trained in it.

:hug:
no worries there then, you'd only need a couple of items.:lol:
i cant see why they would have a minimum order at all if the customer is paying for the postage.

:eek::confused:I think that they cant be expected to carry all the cost for the postage . At Bio Sculpture London it works out cheeper if you place a big order and they make it worth your while.:):lol:

Both Calgel and Bio are expensive products, but you do get what you pay for. I have tried all sorts of gels when I first started and these two are definately the best.

I bought that kit from Argos before I had any training, OMG it was awful! What a waste of £50. Rio i think it was, did my nails in it the night before I went on hol to Cancun and spent two weeks pickin it off (yes I know you shouldnt do that now), it started chippin away on the plane there!! Gutted!! Other gels I have tried and not got on with are Brisa (not as bad as the other crap thats out there but still not as good as Bio) Star Nails, Millenium, and that other one you can get from the wholesalers - white tub blue label/writing (not too bad for the price - but still no where near as good).

OMG ive written a right essay, god I can ramble, but just thought id add my two pence worth lol

A happy bio customer ! ah they do exist !:green:

With the rio kit, brisa, star nails and the 'one from the wholesalers in the white tub???' i echo bagpuss's comments on TRAINING and the USAGE of the CORRECT LAMP. I also note that these would be FILE OFF gels which imho take more SKILL to apply correctly than bio/calgel.

How can you POSSIBLY give any feedback on a product (excluding rio ) when you have not had training showing HOW to apply it?

Also re Calgel i have never ever experienced the poor treatment you describe ! quite the opposite !

Amb x

:hug:

:eek::confused:I think that they cant be expected to carry all the cost for the postage . At Bio Sculpture London it works out cheeper if you place a big order and they make it worth your while.:):lol:

they dont seem to subsidise the postage at all as far as i'm aware.
but i think i didnt make my point clear enough, if the client pays for the cost of the carriage, then i cant see why there would be a minimum order.:confused::confused:

I was with Bio but not for long! Long enough to realise that they are only out to make money and not support their nailtechs.:irked:

I too trained with Bio a couple of years ago but soon stopped using it. The training was terrible :mad:and customer service awful. The staff promoting the product at the show promised me I could change some of the colours in the starter kit during training but when I arrived on the training day they refused point blank. I didnt receive a promotional poster that was included in the kit becuse they hadnt got them at the show and was told to collect it at my training day, the trainer practtically called me a liar and said i would have got it at the show!!!! I also felt that the 2 trainers were really just out to make money on products. I paid a fortune for the starter kit and felt really let down:cry:.
I am now really careful as to what companies I use cos as we all know its really easy to get carried away and part with our hard earned cash at the beauty shows!!

Amanda:)

ok.....so what changes would Bio users like to see...?

How can they re-build your trust and custom...?

Lets get positive !!!

Angie, its too late for any changes as far as I am concerned, I am now more than happy with Calgel and wouldn't consider moving back to Bio. Its a shame none of their Representatives bother to come on here, maybe the feed back would make them sit up and take note, maybe not.

I understand totally and think I'd be the same.... i just think its a shame that Bio cant see it.....

to be honest i just felt a bit uncomfortable with some of the posts slating the company...(and i don't even use Bio)....and so wanted to try and turn it round a bit.

Ok i trained with Bio 3 years ago - I absolutely loved the product and still do. I defected to Calgel 6 months ago purely due to the terrible customer service. I still use Bio but am gradually converting everyone over to Calgel.

I would love some Bio representatives to wake up and see what is going on. In order for me to change back Bio would have to lower there postage costs, possibly free over a certain amount or a fixed rate. Orders sent out correctly (i would say 8 times out of 10 mine are wrong and then they ask me to send them back at my own cost !). I think a lot of distributors have enomous workloads and therefore are not able to spend time helping techs over the phone. This needs to be corrected.

I think a lot of it depends on which area you come under as the customer service can differ greatly.

I don't want this to come over negative as i truely love the product and the colour range is fantastic - so please Bio sort it out !!!!!

• :green:SUPPORT THE LITTLE GUYS:green:
  • area Reps to ring once in a blue moon to..
  • keep us informed of new products/colours
  • offers now and then
  • dont rip us off on postage/carraige
  • dont enforce minimum orders
  • hold open days /demo days FOC
  • get a representative on here to answer queries/concerns
  • lower prices:green:

I think that was what I was trying to say in a very roundabout way :rolleyes:.

Perfectly put Amber - my sentiments exactly !!!

I'm slightly bemused by the fact that anyone who appears happy with Bio in this thread is brand new to the board...call me an old cynic....:rolleyes:

Ok, I agree wholeheartedly with both Angies and Ambers sentiments. Yes, we need to be more positive and, yes they are all things I would like to see too.

Ok, so they are in this to make money...I have absolutely no problem with that, but so am I. So, being a relatively smart business minded person, I am only going to do business with a company when it is good business for both parties, and Bio don't really seem to care if it is good business for us...in fact they don't seem to care if we sink or swim as long as they make some money along the way. I'd like to see a bit more longer term, bigger picture thinking, as I try apply in my business!

If I stick around, they stick around...

If I do well...they do well....

A special offer from time to time, will encourage me to buy, so tell me about it, or new prooducts, up front, not expect me to place and order, then send me a newsletter with info on new stuff and expect me to place another order....2 lots of postage and 2 x £40 minimum. You gotta be joking!

And I have spoken to MANY Bio techs lately, all of whom, have told Bio these things, in discussion, or in course critique and feedback forms (do they get read?)...all of whom have had the attitude in return, "well, you seem to be the only one who thinks like that":grr: when we clearly know we're not...because we all talk, so please Bio Sculpture...wake up and smell the monomer...or lack thereof!

I'm slightly bemused by the fact that anyone who appears happy with Bio in this thread is brand new to the board...call me an old cynic....:rolleyes:

so please Bio Sculpture...wake up and smell the monomer...or lack thereof!

I think they may have already woken up (hopefully). I called their Head Office a couple of weeks ago, spoke to one of the Directors, a lady who listened patiently while I explained it was in Bio's interest to take note of the negative feedback on this board. Since then there have been quite a fee new Geeks defending Bio so hopefully they are starting to pull their socks up.

Believe it or not, I am still dithering whether Calgel or Bio gets my money but I had a demo from Bio at Olympia and quite impressed with it. Waiting to see how long/well it lasts and how my nail is after removal.

I would love to go with Bio but Customer Service is a biggy and if they are failing there ...:confused:x

I think they may have already woken up (hopefully). I called their Head Office a couple of weeks ago, spoke to one of the Directors, a lady who listened patiently while I explained it was in Bio's interest to take note of the negative feedback on this board. Since then there have been quite a fee new Geeks defending Bio so hopefully they are starting to pull their socks up.

Believe it or not, I am still dithering whether Calgel or Bio gets my money but I had a demo from Bio at Olympia and quite impressed with it. Waiting to see how long/well it lasts and how my nail is after removal.

I would love to go with Bio but Customer Service is a biggy and if they are failing there ...:confused:x

Chris, truly the gel is fantastic. What differs from Calgel is the file-ability but this honestly isn't a problem if you use the right files - sponge files are fantastic with Bio, take it down nice, quicly and evenly without tearing.

But I have been telling them this about the board since November...and yes its been people at a senior level (and yes they've even been on here...although not openly), and nothing yet....lets hope they get a move on! I would love for you to start using it and have another Bio geek to share ideas with! I think Oey, Adiva1 and I are starting to think we may become a dying breed!

PS, if you find yourself down my way....come and have a play.

Orders sent out correctly (i would say 8 times out of 10 mine are wrong and then they ask me to send them back at my own cost !).

I think this is disgraceful !!

I don't care who the supplier is, if they have made a mistake with my order, they should rectify it a THEIR cost, not mine. I gave them my order correctly, they are the ones that stuffed up, not me, so why should I pay ?!!

Marlise

I think Oey, Adiva1 and I are starting to think we may become a dying breed!

You're not alone, I am still using Bio and am happy with the product and service, although I usually collect my order, rather than have it posted.

Chris, truly the gel is fantastic. What differs from Calgel is the file-ability but this honestly isn't a problem if you use the right files - sponge files are fantastic with Bio, take it down nice, quicly and evenly without tearing.

But I have been telling them this about the board since November...and yes its been people at a senior level (and yes they've even been on here...although not openly), and nothing yet....lets hope they get a move on! I would love for you to start using it and have another Bio geek to share ideas with! I think Oey, Adiva1 and I are starting to think we may become a dying breed!

PS, if you find yourself down my way....come and have a play.
Oh thanks for the offer hun. I actually had you in mind for a 1-2-1 if I do go with Bio (Amber if I went with Calgel), as well of course as my conversion. The name is really what swings it for me over Calgel. Things are always easier if you don't have choice. Will keep you posted xxx:hug:

Just to continue with the positives for Calgel, I had ordered a gel on my training that was out of stock, and had been for a few weeks, they took the trouble to phone and tell me that none had come in on the last order, did I want to change my order to another colour, which I didn't and I received it today. They are so helpful, their communication is excellent, I just can't fault them in any way!
I also find the gel easier to use than Bio, although that could just be me, my first set of sculpts is still on 5 weeks later, and I've been decorating and have not been careful (I'm ashamed to say )with them, white spirit, paint and bleach have all come into contact with them and they are still fine!!
I filled in the form after my training at Bio, commenting on what I thought were underhand tactics about separating the sculpture training and expecting up to pay another £120, and received no feedback at all, and i know several girls also did the same. In my opinion, they deserve to lose out to a company that seems willing to bend over backwards to help.!

A happy bio customer ! ah they do exist !:green:

With the rio kit, brisa, star nails and the 'one from the wholesalers in the white tub???' i echo bagpuss's comments on TRAINING and the USAGE of the CORRECT LAMP. I also note that these would be FILE OFF gels which imho take more SKILL to apply correctly than bio/calgel.

How can you POSSIBLY give any feedback on a product (excluding rio ) when you have not had training showing HOW to apply it?

Also re Calgel i have never ever experienced the poor treatment you describe ! quite the opposite !

Amb x

Sorry didnt mean to annoy anyone who uses those products, just my opinion. I have heard good things about Brisa and yes i had no training for it, but just decided not to pursue it as I had an initial bad experience with it.

Latest posts

Back