Bio Sculpture Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan2682

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys can help!

I've been doing Bio sculpture nails part time for the last year, and I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting. The only problem I'm having is with removal.

The coloured overlays are no problem at all, a quick soak in acetone & they peel right off. The pink and whites however seem a lot more tricky.

On application I apply 1 coat of clear, 1 white, then 2 S-Gel or 2 Clear (dependent on the client requirements). To remove the nails i first roughly buff the overlay (including all the edges) and file down the free edge. I then ask my clients to put their finger tips in a small bowl of acetone, that floats in a container of hand hot water (which seems to speed up the process and keeps the clients hands warm). The clear area of the overlay seems to come of without too much trouble, however the area where the white has been painted doesn't seem to budge without a long soak, or extra filling. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or anything i can do to speed up the process?

Thanks

Try the foil method of removal and place the hands in heated manicure mitts or place a warm wheatbag over the top of the hands.

Just bumping this up abit. It seems to take me an hour to remove Bio gel, however I don't use any mitts. I do do the tin foil method and do have some heated mittens, how would I put these in the mitts with the foil though? Is there any other tips to getting these removed quicker, as tonight I have a client who only has about an hour for removal and replacement and I'm trying to think of quicker ways to do it?

Try the foil method of removal and place the hands in heated manicure mitts or place a warm wheatbag over the top of the hands.

Hiya,

Same as Gillian, i do the foil method and heated mitts. This only takes me about 20-30 mins soak off time. Once the nails are wrapped individually in foil then just place them in the mitts, thats all thats needed really.

You could try filing most of the white off....really thin it out...then carry on and do your soak. It might work out quicker than the extra time its taking soaking it off...?

After I have the nails wrapped in foil, I place both hands in plastic bags before I put on the heated mitts.

If soaking-off in a small dish, I cover the hands with a towel in order to retain the heat.

Latest posts

Back