Bio Sculpture Skin Irritation...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
Anyone else have any skin irritation problems using Bio Sculpture Gel products.?

My thumbs go all thumb using Nail Varnish (non Acetone) remover & if I so much as rub my eye lids having touched Gel Remover then they become all puffy & swollen & I end up with deep creases like crows feet all at the edges. (Which takes a few days to go down). To reduce the effects on my eyelids I have to take a antihystamine tablet.
Im just interested on whether anyone else has had any problems like this too?

You have to be very careful with gels not to get them, or other associated products, on your skin. You certainly have to be careful around your eyes. You really need to keep your hands scrupulously clean by frequent washing between every service.

There have been a few threads about people becoming allergic to Bio but then there are alots of nail techs that become sensitive to other products too .. particularly gels because they are sticky and un-cured.

You can potentially become sensitive and allergic to anything if you become over exposed to it .. and you become overexposed when you 'get into it' ................. so don't. your fate is in your own hands really and how meticulous you are.

For what it is worth if you start to have a problem .. CND Brisa gels and Shellac are both hypo-allergenic as they have quite a unique formula that does not contain the known allergens that are present in other gels.

Broops ,
Weirdly enough I met someone last week who had been having Bio done for ages , and she recently had an allergic reaction that affected her face.(swelling etc)

I have read about allergies happening but did not think I would meet someone who it had happened to.
Hence I am even more careful now with my application , making sure I remove any residue before curing, and from my own hands if it gets on me during treatments.

Is there any acrylics that can be used on hyper sensitive clients?

Is there any acrylics that can be used on hyper sensitive clients?

CND Retention+ has been a Godsend for many that have become allergic to ordinary L&P ... people find that they are not allergic to R+.
You can test R+ by ordering a Try Me kit for very little money.

Funnily enough, one of the things many are allergic to is not the monomer, but the adhesive. But as I said, people can become allergic to any chemical if exposed to it more than the manufacturer recommends ... and most recommend that you do NOT get products repeatedly on your skin, through getting into bad habits such as:

Pointing your brush with you fingers after cleaning (finger with skin cracking)
Cleaning around the eponychium with your acrylic brush (infalmmed tissue surrounding the nail)
Never using neat monomer anywhere near the skin
Using the correct mixture of Liquid to powder
Transfering your liquid using a dropper or pipette
Using plastic backed pads for polish removal etc
Not removing dust from your working area and files (itchy palms)
Not washing your hands between clients
Wiping your brush on a towel and then leaning your wrist on the place where you have wiped (infalmmation on the wrist).

I could go on ... you know what I am talking about.

Think I need to give the try me kit a go. All the skin is peeling from the tips of my fingers and they swell to double the size and itch so much that I have drawn blood with scratching. The last time I had acrylics on I had to get up in the middle of the nite to soak them off

Latest posts

Back