Bio Sculpture Techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just after everyones opinion who has trained in bio sculpture! Im going to do my training on the 23rd of this month and cant wait, quite excited!.

From what i have seen of it, it looks so much better than the gel that im using at the mo, which you have to file off, and its just so much harder and to be honest i think that its quite cheap, its not a very big, i done training with a company called assossicate nails in croydon (now in bromley) but i didnt think much of them, and was a waste of money to train with them.

Thanks Guys

Hi ya!

Good luck with your bio sculpture training.

You will find your FILE off gel and Bio sculpture (which is a 'soft' soak off gel) very very different.

They have an amazing range of colours, its very easy to apply and nice and easy to remove.

BUT.....the only down fall is, its not the STRONGEST gel on the market and its not so easy to file down when it comes to rebalances.

I tend to offer a FILE off gel and a SOAK OFF gel so i can tailor suit it to each individual client.

Hope thats helped

Amb xx

Hi Guys,

Just after everyones opinion who has trained in bio sculpture! Im going to do my training on the 23rd of this month and cant wait, quite excited!.

From what i have seen of it, it looks so much better than the gel that im using at the mo, which you have to file off, and its just so much harder and to be honest i think that its quite cheap, its not a very big, i done training with a company called assossicate nails in croydon (now in bromley) but i didnt think much of them, and was a waste of money to train with them.

Thanks Guys

Weldome to the world of Biosculpture - I love it and I am sure you will too!

It is different than the normal gels though - alot softer so in my opinion doesnt work so well with tips, but great for sculpting and overlays.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks Amb, its nice to hear what people say. i'll keep everyone posted with how is went, i know its not for another few weeks yet.

I have a client who pays 50 for a gel polish and they use Bio anyways she said at two weeks they soak them off and reapply. Is this true, and she said they do not use acetone to soak off that they have a special dissolvent, I didn't want to argue, so I let it go. Is this true is the solvent acetone free, but then how would that work?

Thanks,

aj

The Bio Sculpture gel removal is acetone based, like all nail removal products.

Hi there, I tend to agree with Oey that it is good for sculpts and nno's but not so good for tips as the product is very flexible and tips by their nature are not although Bio tips are not bad. You need a very good quality virgin ABS plastic tip that is quite flexible to match bio gel.

Have you got to do a 2 day course now? I only did the one day conversion and it took a little while to master the sculpts, the DVD has been invaluable to me and if I have any trouble I go back and take a look (bit expensive though).

My trainer has been very helpful and I can always discuss problems with her although some of the girls in other areas have not been quite so pleased with Customer Service.

All in all its a really nice product and I love that it is a soak off (with acetone based remover, although I do sometimes use acetone, don't tell anyone lol)
You can infill and I have managed 3 infills on a client before I have removed but you do have to be careful because as it is not designed to file down like Brisa for example. This does come with experience though so don't think you will have to soak off every time. I'm a bit funny about too much exposure to acetone based products.

Anyway in the absence of Zingara (my mate Lyndsay who is a diamond and expecting very very soon) feel free to PM me if you have any questions once you get started. Believe me there wont be any problems I haven't experienced.

Good Luck

Well I called the nail salon she goes to and she says that the bio remover does not have an acetone based remover. I specifically asked about the acetone and she said there was no acetone, now I'm confused.

aj

Hey there...just poking my nose in as no appearance yet!

I have just checked the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for Bio Sculpture, produced BY Bio Sculpture, and I can assure you the Gel remover supplied by them has Acetone listed as it main ingredient, and also includes Isopropyl Myristate and MEK. That said, I've always find it to be a nice gentle solution that causes no drying if used properly.

And Bella Nails...I think you will love this product. It is quite simply what I have built my business on and is fantastic, versatile, nice and easy to use and the colour range is gorgeous...especially on toes for summer.

I don't really have too much call for a file off gel as well, as I find it strong and easy to sculpt with, so really never use tips, but do offer Fibreglass and Silk wraps to anyone who needs a little more strength for any reason. And my clients are also very loyal to Bio, and this keeps them coming to me!

Wow if I was really allergic, what a law suit she'd have on her hands,

Thanks for the reply Lindsay!

aj

Guys thank you all soo much for the above info.:hug: Just stumbled across this thread. I use Brisa gel and tips and thinking of doing the Bio Sculpture one-day course in Dublin (I moved over from uk to back of beyond). I heard about BS from a customer who has beautiful but weak natural nails. I am going to try out the BS and offer both.
Thanks again.
God I better go do the housework!:lol:

Guys thank you all soo much for the above info.:hug: Just stumbled across this thread. I use Brisa gel and tips and thinking of doing the Bio Sculpture one-day course in Dublin (I moved over from uk to back of beyond). I heard about BS from a customer who has beautiful but weak natural nails. I am going to try out the BS and offer both.
Thanks again.
God I better go do the housework!:lol:
Hi,
I done a bio sculpture course 2 months ago , i had my assesment yesterday,i was really nervous as i thought it was going to be a one on one with me and the trainer,but when i got there the person who trained me was doing another training session,told me to sit down and get me stuff out ,i was then given what i had to do,and was left there to get on with it,she checked my work twice through out the two hours i was there,and was then judged on my final look as to wether i had passed.I think this is completly wrong ,theres no point in having a perfect looking nail if the prep hasnt been done properly,surely she should have been checking i was prepping correctly,and theres the sculpting course after that they dont even asess you on????
I do like bio sculpture though,havent had probs with lifting like i used to with other gels & acrylics.
I do like bio sculpture

Hi,
I think this is completly wrong ,theres no point in having a perfect looking nail if the prep hasnt been done properly,surely she should have been checking i was prepping correctly,and theres the sculpting course after that they dont even asess you on????

Hi and well done on passing your assessment. I'm guessing you trained at Fleet?

I think you'll find if you check it out with Bio that the assessment is actually assessing you on your gel application. Prep is part of basic technician training, which yes, you can do through Bio, but certainly don't have to if you can provide evidence that you are a qualified tech as I was when i converted to them. I did my prep training elsewhere - why should they then test me on it? To be honest I did most of my prep on my model the night before, so i could focus on my application in the assessment anyway!

The assessment is always done this way, ie part of another course, giving you the chance to quietly get on with your work at the back of the room...personally I don't want someone watching my every move (puts me right off!) and any trainer (or experienced tech for that matter) worth their salt should be able to tell how well a set of nails has been prepped and applied by the end result any way.

The sculpting workshop is an optional extra, for those who need a bit of extra help sculpting with Bio - and therefore not really necessary to test on it afterwards. There is the advanced technician course (that does have an assessment) that includes sculpting if you wish to take your skills further.

Hopefully you'll find Bio as profitable as I and plenty of other techs on here do. I do recommend some of the extra workshops for skill-building but give it a little time and see how you settle into the product....then your needs will become clear!

Good luck!

i had my assesment yesterday,i was really nervous as i thought it was going to be a one on one with me and the trainer,but when i got there the person who trained me was doing another training session,told me to sit down and get me stuff out ,i was then given what i had to do,and was left there to get on with it,she checked my work twice through out the two hours i was there,and was then judged on my final look as to wether i had passed.I think this is completly wrong ,theres no point in having a perfect looking nail if the prep hasnt been done properly,surely she should have been checking i was prepping correctly,and theres the sculpting course after that they dont even asess you on???/quote]

Did you highlight your concers at the time to the assessor or to Bio Sculpture's Head Office? I don't think this site is the place to highlight your concerns.

:)yes, i did do my training at Fleet,i can see where your coming from .I had to take a model with me who was due for infills ,her nails were checked before i started they didnt look too bad,i supose if my prep wasnt any good my models nails would of looked awfull yesterday,and my trainer would of observed my work to see what i was doin wrong.It was all just a bit different to what i thought it was going to be ,thought it was going to be alot harsher,anyway glad i got my certificate now,may be i shouldnt of moaned ,i just looked at it the wrong way.

Latest posts

Back