Bio Sculpture v Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailstime

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am a Newbie so a big Hello to everyone!

I hope this isn't obvious to everyone apart from me :biggrin:but I have used the search button and I can't find anything to answer my question so here goes

Is Gelish classed as a Hybrid Polish like Shellac and Geleration or like a Gel such as Bio Sculpture?

Is there anything on the market to compare to Bio Sculpture?

I am considering booking my training with Bio Sculpture tomorrow but wanted to make sure there wasn't a similar soak off products that I should be considering before making a final decision.

Just to give you a little History of myself, I have done an NVQ in L and P a few years ago but really wasn't keen and after qualifying never did any more and just kept with my hairdressing and a little beauty.

Then recently I had the opportunity to do a Star nail course and found that I really enjoyed it a lot more but has now found I am a Gel girl and not really acrylic but I do know I want a soak of product rather than Buff off. So now I am in the process of picking my brand and training. After wearing bio sculpture and Geleration I love them both but still think its worth getting peoples opinions before I commit myself as I know Bio is quite expensive

Thank you in advance x

Hello! Welcome : )) I can't really comment on gelish as only used it a few times but I trained with bio sculpture a few years ago and LOVE it!
It's a great product with great results helps my clients grow their nails and mine lasts 3 weeks or so on clients and they are always super happy with it!

Here is a photo I done of my nails last night ; )
Bio are super helpful, orders come the next day! They are really good!
Good luck x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313084387.824969.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313084387.824969.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,269
Hello! Welcome : )) I can't really comment on gelish as only used it a few times but I trained with bio sculpture a few years ago and LOVE it!
It's a great product with great results helps my clients grow their nails and mine lasts 3 weeks or so on clients and they are always super happy with it!

Here is a photo I done of my nails last night ; )
Bio are super helpful, orders come the next day! They are really good!
Good luck x

Thank you.

I was siding for the Bio as I have worn it but keep delaying booking it "just in case" I make the wrong choice. I have now told myself I have to book tomorrow as this has been going on far to long now and I just need to make my mind up .
Your nails look fab!

x

I have used a few polish like gels and they arnt as strong as bio they are good last longer then a polish!
Yes book it : )) good luck x

DEFO book with Bio! I have used their products for 4 years now and my clients rave about it!!! The course is very good and worth every penny!!! You will be like a child in a sweety shop with your choices in colours!!! X

Bio Sculpture is a fantastic product & well known by many.

It will advertise itself for you.

I am a L & P girl but I do use shellac and I think that Gelish is classed as a hybrid, gelish & bio are totally different products Gelish will offer no strength like bio. Bio seems to be the most popular gel go 4 it!

I use Bio, but also shellac AND a product called Gelicure.. I find it provides more strength than Shellac and seems to last longer (3 weeks rather than 2). I love Bio (so do my clients), but I find its not for everyone. :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for your replies, and I am now pleased to announce I've booked! :D lol

I went for the bio sculpture to begin with and then once I have done this I shall look into either Shellac or similar as from what I can gather there is a clientele for both - very excited can't wait for my starter kit to arrive now.

Thanks agaon Girls I am sure I shall be back for more advice soon - but hope I can return the favour even sooner x

I am a L & P girl but I do use shellac and I think that Gelish is classed as a hybrid, gelish & bio are totally different products Gelish will offer no strength like bio. Bio seems to be the most popular gel go 4 it!

Actually, this is not correct.
Shellac is the ONLY hybrid polish on the market.
Hybrid meaning that the chemical formula is a cross between polish and gel. Shellac is a 'power polish' and is targetted to the natural nail market, it is more like a polish than a gel.

Gelish, along with many others on the market, are just a thin coloured gel in a bottle.

Bio.....3 x more expensive than Gelish

Bio = thicker than Gelish

Gelish will not ever 'lift'

Gelish is not 'rubbery' to file.....

Gelish has 'Structure Gel' within its 'versatile' range to ADD strength if you need it.

AMAZING colour range in just near on 2 years of release.

I've used both:D and not hiding the fact I am a Harmony educator:D but hands down....Gelish wins for me.

Bio had the monopoly on the coloured gel front...now its got serious competition!

Get a demo on both or a set applied by your local techs in the area and see how both 'wear' thats your best bet.

hth xxxx

Gelish has 'Structure Gel' within its 'versatile' range to ADD strength if you need it.

I've used both:D and not hiding the fact I am a Harmony educator:D but hands down....Gelish wins for me.

Bio had the monopoly on the coloured gel front...now its got serious competition!

Get a demo on both or a set applied by your local techs in the area and see how both 'wear' thats your best bet.

hth xxxx

Bio - Same price as Gelish
Gelish - has lifted on a client after just one week now on bio.
Bio - loads of colours to choose
Bio also has structure gel ...
Bio is stronger for the natural nail

I use both so i wanted to put both points on here.
Every client has diff tastes and uses for their nails which i as a nail tech help her choose the best for her lifestyle.
HTH lol xxx

I think you'll find the price is considerably different and not the same :-0)

Hi again,

Just a thought do you think there is space for both Bio and Gelish in a salon as there seems to be tech's that do say Bio and Shellac for example?

Hi :)

I use Bio Sculpture and Gelicure. All of my clients loved Bio... Until I introduced Gelicure lol. Personally, I love the strength that Bio offers, but I prefer Gelicure for staying super shiny, not taking as long to apply, and a lot of my clients are getting an extra 1-2 weeks out of it, in comparison to Bio.

It's just whatever you and your clients like best. Xx

Actually, this is not correct.
Shellac is the ONLY hybrid polish on the market.
Hybrid meaning that the chemical formula is a cross between polish and gel. Shellac is a 'power polish' and is targetted to the natural nail market, it is more like a polish than a gel.

Gelish, along with many others on the market, are just a thin coloured gel in a bottle.

Gellux is a hybrid

hth xxxx

I'd like to pick y our brains further on Gelish I'm about to buy it in :o

Gellux is a hybrid

Gellux is NOT a hybrid. Gellux is a thin gel in a bottle.
Only CND Shellac has the hybrid technology on the current market.

Hybrid means the chemical formula is a cross between polish and gel. Shellac has the new patent pending UV3 technology, it means that it contains solvents like a polish, monomers which makes it wear like gel and quick release polymers that allows it to come off the nails in minutes.

CND spent 5 years researching this technology and regardless of all the claims on the market, it is only CND Shellac that is a true hybrid polish.

Shellac more like a polish than a gel. It takes the maximum of 10 mins to release off the nail - it literally crumbles off - and this is where the Shellac science is. Unlike traditional coloured gels, Shellac needs no buffing on the natural nail prior to application and no filling of the product to 'break in' ready to soak off. Gellux recommends both of these stages in their application and removal.

Last edited:
I'll give you my two sides of the story, as a client and a tech.

Speaking as a client, I've had both Bio and Gelish, and I've been really happy with both, both lasted as long as each other. I'm heading up to 3 weeks now with Gelish, no problems.. (Hands up...ok apart from one nail I picked off!!!)

Bio did Crack just ever so slightly for me, but I had to take into consideration I had them done for Holiday so lots of things thet Bio doesn't like - Chlorine, Suntan lotion etc...

So overall.. very pleased with both, would be hard for me to choose in your situation!

As a Nail tech, I've chosen Gelish, mainly because I cannot afford the large training costs along with the very small client base I have at the moment its not financially viable for me to buy in Bio.

Hope that helps! x

Latest posts

Back