Blackberry curve newbie..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
I have recently started working in phones 4 u .... lol

an had a blackberry curve, had never heard of them till i worked there an had a demo off the rep, always thought they looked like a calculater
but they are just the best i have a curve 8310 and just can not put it down..

its more than a phone i can get my facebook instant and do wall posts all off the phone its gr8, and the calender is gr8 for bookin your clients in quick & easy

would like to hear from anyone that has one an maybe we could exhange pin ?

mine is 253E3BB6

x

i was gonna get one, but decided on the nokia N95, which i now regret a its pants.

but whats so special aboutt he blackberrys?! they are more like an organiser arent they?

how do u pay for the interenet? just like i would?

my first bill after havin my N95 was over £100 due to usin the internet and not realising how expensive it was lol.

I have a treo but want to get the curve once my contract is up.

Only thing is I really like the Palm calendar - and I use it fot a lot. No paper datebook for me.... Palm's is all colour coded and so intuitive. But the Treo seems bulky aside the new Blackberry.

Can you colour code your appointments? For example all of my nail appt. have a little orange dot beside them.

HIYA

N95 MMmm yeah seems a good handset but had lots back in the store, but its like every handset they have good and bad points,

blackberrys are gr8, very stylish, i think in the beginnin when they first came out they were strictly for business men, and still are owned by many,

thing is they dont advertise like they should, and they are working on that the rep said now, as i had never heard of em,

he gave me a 1 hour demo SHOWED ME HIS, AND I HAD A PLAY AROUND WITH THE KEYPAD ETC,

IF YOU USE FACEBOOK YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME TO YOUR PHONE AND HAVE INSTANT FACEBOOK ON UR PHONE, UPLOAD PICS IN SECS, MESSAGE ON WALLS ETC.. AND GET NOTIFICATION EVERYTIME YOU GET A MESSAGE,

IF YOU RECIEVE EMAIL YOU GET A NOTIFICATION AND CAN REPLY OFF YOUR PHONE, AND ITS GR8 AS YOU HAVE THE KEYBOARD

THE FONT IS AWESOME LOOKS REALLY COOL ONCE YOU HAVE CHOOSE THE ONE YOU WANT, ITS JUST SO STYLISH I HAVE DOWNLOADED A PINK THEME IT LOOKS GR8

AS IN OTHER HANDSETS THE INTERNET CONNECTION TAKES FOREVER FOR THE GLOBE TO CONNECT, WITH BB THE DATA IS INSTANT THATS WHAT YOU PAY EXTRA FOR

WHAT EVER YOU PAY A MONTH NOW FOR YOUR TARIIF YOU WOULD HAVE TO ADD THE DATA ON TOP, IT DEPENDS ON THE NETWORK IM WITH VODAFONE AND THEY CHARGE ME £7 A MONTH ON TOP, BUT I HAVE IT FOR 4 MONTHS FREE AT THE MIN, THERE IS VARIOUS DEALS WITH EACH NETWORK,

BUT ONCE YOU PAY THAT UR NET IS FREE AND IT IS SO QUICK

THE CALENDER IS GR8 I KNOW U HAVE THEM ON STANDARD MOBILES BUT THIS ONE IS SO SIMPLE AS IS SO EASY TO GET TO AND ADD THINGS

GR8 FOR ADDIN CLIENTS APPOINTMENTS I DONT USE MY DIARY ANYMORE

SORRY FOR WAFFLIN U KNOW ME ALWAYS GO ROUND THE HOUSES FIRST
HOPE I EXPLAINED IT OK

LOL X

I have recently started working in phones 4 u .... lol

an had a blackberry curve, had never heard of them till i worked there an had a demo off the rep, always thought they looked like a calculater
but they are just the best i have a curve 8310 and just can not put it down..

its more than a phone i can get my facebook instant and do wall posts all off the phone its gr8, and the calender is gr8 for bookin your clients in quick & easy

would like to hear from anyone that has one an maybe we could exhange pin ?

mine is 253E3BB6

x

Ha.. I use to work for Phones4u head office in Chesterton! :green:
Is this the one you are now working at?!
xx

Work In My Local Store Part Time ! X

What Do You Think Of The Company As A Whole ?

I loved it, it was great!..(For an office job)

I worked for the Compliance department as a fraud investigator..

We had a great team, a great boss, it was just brill. Mon-Fri....

Always wanted to do beauty full time though..

Our jobs got made redundant though unfortunately..

I know alot of emplyees may say it's a bad company to work for though.. But I don't know what the other departments are like to work in really..

Good luck with it all!!
xx

Did You Meet Stuart Wheeler Then ? X

I feel this thread is in danger of breaking this commandment:

3 - Thou shalt Private Message if thy post is for one person.

Posts like 'hey sally, give me a buzz' is like texting 10,000 people in hopes that one of them will be the person you are trying to talk to. If your message is for 1 person, PM it. If its for more, post it!

I have the blackberry pearl and it's awsome!

I got it 2yrs ago and when the contract was up i got an MDA Vario II but it was pash compared to blackberry so i went back to the blackberry x

Ohh Gr8 Im A Newbie To Bb So Maybe You Could Teach Me More

Whats Your Pin Could You Add Me ? X

i to have the new pink blackberry pearl... i love it!

I went into the local 3 shop and the guy was showing me the phones, but I seemed to know more about them than he did. I explained what I used mine for (movies, satnav, Word, etc) so he started showing me one he said might be suitable for me. I asked him what the operating system was and he couldn't tell me, so I then asked "Is it a Smartphone?" "Oh yes" he replied, "It's very smart" Groooaaannnn!

I considered a BlackBerry but decided against it when I learned that all the data goes through Canada and as such comes under Canadian law. This means that any and all info on your device can be read by their government agencies, with impunity. I doubt very much whether they'd be interested in any data I had on my device but it's just yet more of our privacy eroded.
Le grand frere?

Ohh Gr8 Im A Newbie To Bb So Maybe You Could Teach Me More

Whats Your Pin Could You Add Me ? X

I don't know what you mean by adding you with your pin??? Maybe you could teach me about that and i'll help you with any other questions you have lol

Have i missed out on something fundamental to the blackberry?

I'm curious now

i got the 8310 curve last month i love it but i don't know how to set my instant e mails up.. im probably being thick but i have no idea.. i can do the internet stuff its just the st nav and e mails x x

I considered a BlackBerry but decided against it when I learned that all the data goes through Canada and as such comes under Canadian law. This means that any and all info on your device can be read by their government agencies, with impunity. I doubt very much whether they'd be interested in any data I had on my device but it's just yet more of our privacy eroded.
Le grand frere?

don't like the sound of that!...:eek:...I'll stick to my trusty little Sony Ericsson walkman.....love it....just needs some pink and bling aded...:green:

Way off topic I know, but I SO WANT THE NEW SAMSUNG F480 !!

No way I can afford it or justify it :cry:

M.

I've got a red BlackBerry pearl which I call my "RaspBerry". :green:

I love it!!! Couldn't be without it! I love that I can receive my emails through it and can surf the net. It is expensive but I think it is SOOOO worth it!

Latest posts

Back