Book recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read Dark Places by the same author Gillian Flynn, or Sharp Objects AMAZING

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Read Dark Places by the same author Gillian Flynn, or Sharp Objects AMAZING

They are on my wish list :)

Sharp Objects was my favourite.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Sharp Objects was my favourite.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

It was amazing wasn't it. I love gritty, dark books :)

Hi! Can anyone recommend books on selling and how to be sucxesful at selling products etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Tess Gerritsen writes amazing books!
I'm only 18 so don't do a lot of reading because I get sooo bored but these had me hooked as well as an amazing film!

They're all to do with homicide and murder, sounds really depressing lol but it's not that bad! All got a twist of romance too

In my whole life I've probably read about 6 books! I struggle to get into books tbh, ones that gripped me tho were "The rapture" by liz Jensen it was really good I couldn't put this one down! Then "the road"
by cormac McCarthy it's quite short but way better than the film & "the beach" was also way better than the film, I'd definatley recomend the rapture it's got the channel 4 book club award too, anyone know of anything good but easy to read?

In my whole life I've probably read about 6 books! I struggle to get into books tbh, ones that gripped me tho were "The rapture" by liz Jensen it was really good I couldn't put this one down! Then "the road"
by cormac McCarthy it's quite short but way better than the film & "the beach" was also way better than the film, I'd definatley recomend the rapture it's got the channel 4 book club award too, anyone know of anything good but easy to read?

If you liked the rapture there's another 2 or 3 books in the same series I think, like follow ons. And that's exactly right, the books are always a hundred times better than the film/show.

What genre do you prefer? I'm strictly a crime/thriller/mystery type of reader. No Catherine Cookson for me thank you :)

If you liked the rapture there's another 2 or 3 books in the same series I think, like follow ons. And that's exactly right, the books are always a hundred times better than the film/show.

What genre do you prefer? I'm strictly a crime/thriller/mystery type of reader. No Catherine Cookson for me thank you :)

I did not expect anyone to know what the rapture was! :) I don't really have much book experience really to know a genre but I did like the easy reading of all of the authors of the books above, I'll look for the others in that series now tho & give them a bash :) I think the rapture would make an excellent film, I quite like stuff about apocalypse situations? Or natural disaster maybe? I think that would be the thing that links the road and the rapture? Someone recomended a book about apocalypse to do with the Ebola virus or a similar virus to me the other day but I can't remember the name :(

I did not expect anyone to know what the rapture was! :) I don't really have much book experience really to know a genre but I did like the easy reading of all of the authors of the books above, I'll look for the others in that series now tho & give them a bash :) I think the rapture would make an excellent film, I quite like stuff about apocalypse situations? Or natural disaster maybe? I think that would be the thing that links the road and the rapture? Someone recomended a book about apocalypse to do with the Ebola virus or a similar virus to me the other day but I can't remember the name :(

I haven't read the rapture myself my mother mentioned it to me (she reads anything and everything):) and I'm sure she said there were a few in the series. Well I think that was what it was called 😳 I'm totally doubting myself now haha

X.

A client recently recommended 'The truth about the Harry Quebert affair' by Joel Dicker and is responsible for my lack of sleep for the last few nights as I had to finish it.

I also really enjoyed 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey and 'The Red Tent' by Anita Diamant though the last is rather graphic in places and tells the stories of the bible from the women who were in it. I'm not religious but found it fascinating.

What I can't bear is when you have read something and get a picture of the characters in your head, then you hear it's to be made into a film and you think "who's goin to play so and so"

Perfect example, Lee Childs character Jack Reacher, is 6"5, blonde, blue eyes, muscular and basically hard as nails, and they get Tom Cruise to play him! Wtf. I refuse to watch it :)

Could it be The Passenger by Justin Cronin? That's an amazing book! Followed by The Twelve and a third book out next year. They are huge books but so so good! Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

It's The Passage, not The Passenger.

Red herrings and White Elephants. By Albert Jack. - the origins of every day phrases.

It's not a novel. It explains the history behind old sayings such as 'cat is let out of the bag' and 'sweet FA'. My absolute favourite is the origin, of the saying 'dead ringer', it comes from mid evil times when people used to connect a bell to a corpse in a coffin just incase they weren't actually dead! Which, wasn't uncommon! 😳😱? It's funny but really quite sinister and unimaginable too to think that life was once so different.

It's an interesting read, in small segments so not intense. X

Just remembered a book which I found absolutely hilarious! It's called "dear coca cola" it's a compilation of letters to companies like coca cola I got it free on kindle

Just remembered a book which I found absolutely hilarious! It's called "dear coca cola" it's a compilation of letters to companies like coca cola I got it free on kindle

Kahuna it sounds like you could have read a few more books than the 6 you originally thought haha

X.

Kahuna it sounds like you could have read a few more books than the 6 you originally thought haha

X.

I know! I diddnt think about the kindle I just meant paperbacks 😂

I highly recommend Wicked if you're into fantasy and possibly liked anything to do with the wizard of oz. A long read, but fantastic storyline, hadn't realised it was for adults until I was reading it!

Also if you haven't read Confessions of A Shopaholic and looking for a giggle you should totally read it, I don't know any gal who didn't laugh out loud while reading it!

Latest posts

Back