Book recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
I’m feeling the urge to read some new books – does anyone have any recommendations?

I normally like fantasy and sci fi fiction, and have recently started reading autobiographies too. I’ve just finished an amazing book called Wild by Cheryl Strayed, about a woman who walked the entire Pacific Crest Trail in America following a divorce – with no real planning! It was very honest and funny. But I’m open to any suggestions really and always willing to broaden my horizons!

gone girl by gillian flynn is a must and her other two!!!

Into the darkest corner by Elizabeth Haynes. Edge if your seat, turn pager! Loved it!

gone girl by gillian flynn is a must and her other two!!!

I was just going to suggest these :) I've read Gone Girl and Sharp Objects and about to download the third one tonight. Gone Girl is really twisted but brilliant. Sharp Objects is very dark but also brilliant. Roll on the next.

If you fancy a funny, romantic, saucy read try the Beautiful Bas#ard series by authors Christina Lauren (I think it is). Full length novels and novellas. You'll love Bennett too!

Anything by Sophie Hannah as well if you fancy another crime/thriller.

Me Before You is great. God if you want a good cry but laugh at the same this is the book for you. Also by the same author Jo Jo Moyes, The Girl You Left Behind- very different to Me Before You but just as fantastic.

Chris Cleaves The Other Hand is also incredible. The blurb gives nothing away, but trust me it's excellent.

Right I'm off to download another book now lol! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Silver Bay by JoJo Moyes. Just finished it. Brilliant.

I didnt know there were more books by Gillian flynn!! Gone Girl is in my top 5 books

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Into the darkest corner by Elizabeth Haynes. Edge if your seat, turn pager! Loved it!

Second this...this book is amazing, I read it in a matter of days but it stayed with me for months!

I didnt know there were more books by Gillian flynn!! Gone Girl is in my top 5 books

If you've got the Kobo app they were selling Sharp Objects for £1.50!

If you've got the Kobo app they were selling Sharp Objects for £1.50!

I don't do ebooks lol. That is why I didn't read the fabulous DA Latham books untill she sent me the paperback :)

I do love the smell, feel and anticipation of a paperback, but for a night time reader I love my kobo app- stops the husband nagging lol xxx

I do love the smell, feel and anticipation of a paperback, but for a night time reader I love my kobo app- stops the husband nagging lol xxx

TbF if someone bought me one as a present I would probably love it, its just the idea of it puts me off. I am stuck in 2001 lol

I was exactly the same. I have the app on my S3 now. Haha I was like this with maps and Sat Nav... well I've still not bought one but... I've got an app for that ;) xxx

Have yoy read the Discworld series?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was exactly the same. I have the app on my S3 now. Haha I was like this with maps and Sat Nav... well I've still not bought one but... I've got an app for that ;) xxx

I have kindle on my S4 but I have never used it lol

I loved the Gone Girl book but I was disappointed with the ending, it made me feel like the whole story was pointless?
I was one of those readers that was stuck in the dark ages and wouldnt even consider a Kindle but then my husband bought me one for my birthday and i love it! One of the best things he has ever bought me!

Couldn't get into gone girl, found the writing style too long winded and flowery.

I bought gone girl and never read it might have to get it out if it's that fab!!! Xx

I read Gone Girl; enjoyed it except it was predictable & the ending was ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back