Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought a non bagged kit this morning. Does this mean I won't be getting my kit straight away like all the bagged kits? (Really confused now???)

no it means that you will be getting a kit with bag for same price!!!x

If you are qualified in another gel then you will be able of course to buy Brisa Lite ... BUT ... As always you, along with everyone else will benefit by training with Brisa Lite too ... It IS different .. It will help you to use Brisa lite better if you learn about the products, the 'tricks' that go along with great application and knowing chemically HOW the product works will help you to trouble shoot any potential problems you may have if you don't understand those things.

We always recommend training and you know it makes sense to do it. However, if you are trained in gel, we of course respect that and there will not be a barrier to purchasing Brisa Lite for trained individuals ... But I do strongly recommend a class to aid in your success with the products.

@ waffle4 ... The curing times are the same for all CND gels and Shellac. Base coats 10 seconds and other layers 2 minutes.

@karenminx ... Everything you need will be of course be provided and the most up to date videos you need are available on CND.com or YouTube if you search CND[/QUOTE. Yes I totally agree Geeg and I will be doing the training for brisa lite sculpting gel at the centre as the training there is brilliant. I was just letting mini4mum know she can do the training even though she isn't brisa gel trained if she is already gel qualified. X
Yes

loving hearing the reviews from those who have gotten their paws on it already!

how thinly can you apply the smoothing gel? You apply like Shellac base coat but it is the smoothing gel is just a tad thicker, seal the edges and cure 2 minutes.

does it add much bulk to the nail under shellac? No it does not.

can you add multiple layers for really thin weak nails or is that unnecessary?
BL Smoothing gel is designed for one coat use. You cannot build with the smoothing gel. If you need more strength for thin bendy or damaged nails then that is the job of the BL Sculpting gel; which is why we have two different gels for those different client needs.

Last edited:
Am sooo excited about this! Have ordered the smoothing kit and sculpting kit and had my fulfilment email already :)) does anybody know anything about prices and what to charge clients? The lady at s2 could only advise me on the smoothing gel under shellac and had no idea on prices of the smoothing gel on its own or the sculpting gel? xx

Could not believe the prices when I seen them this morning compared to what it would of been buying them seperatly! Smoothing kit ordered and training at The Center on 13th of March! eeEEEEE!!!! exciting stuff!!

Feeling sorry for the girls at s2 and The Center they will be mobbed! :hug:

no it means that you will be getting a kit with bag for same price!!!x

Woo hoo! Thank you souz for clarifying :)

Could not believe the prices when I seen them this morning compared to what it would of been buying them seperatly! Smoothing kit ordered and training at The Center on 13th of March! eeEEEEE!!!! exciting stuff!!

Feeling sorry for the girls at s2 and The Center they will be mobbed! :hug:
We are used to being mobbed and we love it :lol: but thanks for the concern! :hug:

NOO was too late for the sculpting :( x

loving hearing the reviews from those who have gotten their paws on it already!

how thinly can you apply the smoothing gel? does it add much bulk to the nail under shellac? can you add multiple layers for really thin weak nails or is that unnecessary?

I applied the Brisa Smoothing Gel like I would a coat of Shellac color. My nails only appear slightly thicker than they would with a normal Shellac application....it's so slight it's hardly worth mentioning. :D

My nails are REALLY, REALLY weak and bendy and I did just one coat of the Smoothing Gel and it's giving me the strength I need but you can gauge it by your individual clients' needs.

We are used to being mobbed and we love it :lol: but thanks for the concern! :hug:

Happy Monday all round! :) so if the Brisa Lite is the same settings on the lamp CND still have something up there sleeve for settings B & D?!

Am sooo excited about this! Have ordered the smoothing kit and sculpting kit and had my fulfilment email already :)) does anybody know anything about prices and what to charge clients? The lady at s2 could only advise me on the smoothing gel under shellac and had no idea on prices of the smoothing gel on its own or the sculpting gel? xx
Me me me !! I do!! :lol:

OK ... Recommended

If ... You are just applying the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel (base coat, smoothing gel and top coat) then we recommend that you charge the same as your normal Shellac service.
If ... you are adding polish on the top then you could charge extra, but I personally wouldn't because I would look at it as an opportunity to retail both Solar Oil and a polish colour and the whole service takes about the same time as a normal Shellac service.

If ... you are using the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel plus a Shellac service on the top, then we recommend that you charge an extra 20% to the service price.

If ... You are applying a full set of the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel, we recommend you charge your normal full set price for a set of gel nails.

Nothing too complicated there! :lol: Hope this helps.

Me me me !! I do!! :lol:

OK ... Recommended

If ... You are just applying the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel (base coat, smoothing gel and top coat) then we recommend that you charge the same as your normal Shellac service.
If ... you are adding polish on the top then you could charge extra, but I personally wouldn't because I would look at it as an opportunity to retail both Solar Oil and a polish colour and the whole service takes about the same time as a normal Shellac service.

If ... you are using the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel plus a Shellac service on the top, then we recommend that you charge an extra 20% to the service price.

If ... You are applying a full set of the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel, we recommend you charge your normal full set price for a set of gel nails.

Nothing too complicated there! :lol: Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much Gigi that really does help :) can't wait for the postman tomorrow now!! :)

I ordered both they are brilliant value. Looking forward to giving them a try!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the sculpting gel will have an opaque pink option like regular Brisa ? Can't see one on SS x

Goddamit - too late for the sculpting pack. Have called Sweet Squared and they said they will be getting more in.

We will have the next order in and on stock by Thursday all going to plan. :)

Last edited:
How much love and respect are our postmen going to get tomorrow LOL

Just booked myself on brisa lite sculpting on the 14th march can't wait!! X

Hi, I just picked up my smoothing pack from The Centre and there are no instructions!!!

The DVD is all old CND videos and the workbook is for filling in, details not included. I'll be at the open day this weekend but I was hoping to play with it now :(

I'll be using it under Shellac, can someone confirm the times to cure? Also should I be filing the surface of the smoothing gel?

Anyone have details?

Thanks,

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say that I ordered the sculpting pack online late last night at about 12.20 am. I got a bit worried when other geeks on here started getting their fulfilled e-mails when I hadn't yet!:)

So I checked my S2 orders and it only showed up as pending fulfillment. I've just phoned S2 and apparently the paperwork never went through to the warehouse but the very helpful girl on the phone just put the order through to the warehouse for me, and it's getting sent out later.

I was a bit worried because the sculpting kit is now out of stock, so was worried that they hadn't got one for me. But S2 told me not to worry as one was allocated to me when I ordered.:)

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else on here ordered late last night - might be worth checking your orders to see if it says pending fulfillment. If it does, might be worth giving S2 a ring to see if the order went through to the warehouse OK.

Hope this makes sense and helps! ;)

Latest posts

Back