Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered at 3am this morning and couldn't see the promo bag for Smoothing Gel, but I am hoping I will get the Limited Collection with the bag! Jeez, don't I sound sad :rolleyes: Little things eh?!

From the info on The Centre that have released their training etc for the Sculpting Gel, the prerequisite is Brisa HGel training :sad: Will there be a separate course in the future for just Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel?

Hey mini4mum regarding training at the centre I read it as if you are qualified in gel enhancements then you can do the training for brisa lite sculpting. I'm not brisa trained but I'm sure I can do it as I'm qualified in gel enhancements x

I am giggling so much about the level of panicked comments about geeks wanting the silver bag :D

(Please tell me the ones at Pro Beauty will also be in silver bags :Scared: )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

The video I watched on YouTube the lady got a DVD with her pack.

Why do U.S get one and we don't?! Lol. It's bad enough them getting first dibs all the time ;)

No DVD? I didn't realise this. Are there any instructions in the kit? What are the cure times?

You get a workbook. I expect that gives info. Also a couple of US techs posted that the DVD is old so maybe we're not missing out on much.

Will cure time be the same for the sculpting and smoothing gel do you think?

Hey mini4mum regarding training at the centre I read it as if you are qualified in gel enhancements then you can do the training for brisa lite sculpting. I'm not brisa trained but I'm sure I can do it as I'm qualified in gel enhancements x
If you are qualified in another gel then you will be able of course to buy Brisa Lite ... BUT ... As always you, along with everyone else will benefit by training with Brisa Lite too ... It IS different .. It will help you to use Brisa lite better if you learn about the products, the 'tricks' that go along with great application and knowing chemically HOW the product works will help you to trouble shoot any potential problems you may have if you don't understand those things.

We always recommend training and you know it makes sense to do it. However, if you are trained in gel, we of course respect that and there will not be a barrier to purchasing Brisa Lite for trained individuals ... But I do strongly recommend a class to aid in your success with the products.

@ waffle4 ... The curing times are the same for all CND gels and Shellac. Base coats 10 seconds and other layers 2 minutes.

@karenminx ... Everything you need will be of course be provided and the most up to date videos you need are available on CND.com or YouTube if you search CND

Last edited:
The video I watched on YouTube the lady got a DVD with her pack.

Why do U.S get one and we don't?! Lol. It's bad enough them getting first dibs all the time ;)

I think I have just watched the same video, was it an unpacking video?

I would also like to know how much we are supposed to be charging for this service?

Surely I should be charging more with these products? Especially if incorporating it into the Shellac system? Wouldn't I be using more products to complete the service? And the products themselves are more expensive to buy then the Shellac?

If you are qualified in another gel then you will be able of course to buy Brisa Lite ... BUT ... As always you, along with everyone else will benefit by training with Brisa Lite too ... It IS different .. It will help you to use Brisa lite better if you learn about the products, the 'tricks' that go along with great application and knowing chemically HOW the product works will help you to trouble shoot any potential problems you may have if you don't understand those things.

We always recommend training and you know it makes sense to do it. However, if you are trained in gel, we of course respect that and there will not be a barrier to purchasing Brisa Lite for trained individuals ... But I do strongly recommend a class to aid in your success with the products.

Do you know when the sculpting classes are going to be rolled out?

The suspense is killing me. Ive smoked like a trooper today and i still haven't started the housework! lol

I have ordered both packs in two separate orders, one being this morning at 7.30 for my smoothing kit and one by telephone at 8.50 this morning for my sculpting kit. I've had a fulfilment email for my second order but not one for my first order which I placed earlier. Really hoping I get my first order tomorrow has I've arranged to be sent to my home address and not the salon. :Scared: I was hoping to be sporting the smoothing gel by Wednesday when I go back to work :)

@ waffle4 ... The curing times are the same for all CND gels and Shellac. Base coats 10 seconds and other layers 2 minutes.

So am I understanding this post right, if you are qualified in UV Gel Enhancements you can purchase Brisa or Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel? But obviously to get the best from the product is advisable to train in it, a conversion course.

Is that right?

Very soon. It is top priority, naturally. These things have to be scheduled into an already packed calendar for all CND educators. It will be accomplished as soon as. Keep in touch with S2 rather than salon geek for all classes.

I only do nails on Saturdays and Sundays. I have a full-time college librarian gig during the week. I know...yawns. Anyhooo....normally by mid-day on Sunday my Shellac has separated from my natural nails due to their weak, bendy state coupled with hours of my nails being in water and acetone. But not this weekend!

I Shellac'd my nails as usual last week, with one exception. I added a layer of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. And do you know what? After 18 appointments which usually leave my Shellac looking like a hot mess by mid-day Sunday, my nails are perfectly pristine just like when I first did them last week. There's no separation from my natural nail at all!

The only thing I did differently was add Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I think I'm hooked.

So am I understanding this post right, if you are qualified in UV Gel Enhancements you can purchase Brisa or Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel? But obviously to get the best from the product is advisable to train in it, a conversion course.

Is that right?

I do not think my post is difficult to understand, but yes you are understanding it correctly.

Check out the CND Manchester Academy+ Facebook page they mention classes beginning 1 March.

I've had a fulfilment email for my second order but not one for my first order which I placed earlier.

I also ordered the smoothing pack early this am (before the PROMO pack listing appeared) and haven't had a fulfillment e-mail but trying to be patient!

Is that right?

Geeg only mentioned no conversion was necessary for Brisa Lite Sculping if you have a gel enhancements certificate. I believe that you still need to do a conversion to buy Brisa (original) unless you can speak to Sweet Squared and get them to waive the requirement based on your qualifications/experience.

I do not think my post is difficult to understand, but yes you are understanding it correctly.

I didn't say it was :) I was just being careful how I worded my question and sometimes I read things incorrectly and jump to conclusions.

Thank you for confirming this

Last edited:
1) Yes, I screwed up and put the wrong smoothing kits on. Specifically I didn't put on the smoothing kits in the limited edition bag, I put on the ones that are currently in transit to us (that do not have bags). This is why they were showing up as not in stock last night.

2) My Squarehouse manager just told me that any "unbagged" smoothing kits that were ordered last night (there was a quantity of non bagged kits) have been transferred to the bagged ones. In other words: If you DID manage to order a smoothing kit, it will come to you bagged.

3) Everything on the site is now correct. The rest of S2 fixed my breaks :)

4) I have just gone down to view the kit contents of the kits in the Sweet Shop. A workbook is listed, but a DVD is not. I THOUGHT it came with one so either it didn't make it into these kits, or it didn't make it on the packaging list. Either way I am pretty sure that the videos are available on cnd.com

5) I promised the team not to interfere anymore :)

Hope that helps.

After 18 appointments which usually leave my Shellac looking like a hot mess by mid-day Sunday, my nails are perfectly pristine just like when I first did them last week. There's no separation from my natural nail at all!

The only thing I did differently was add Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I think I'm hooked.

loving hearing the reviews from those who have gotten their paws on it already!

how thinly can you apply the smoothing gel? does it add much bulk to the nail under shellac? can you add multiple layers for really thin weak nails or is that unnecessary?

Oh dear, looks like I have 2 smoothing kits with bags en route then!

I am sure they will get used so hey ho.

Hi guys!
O man, I just CAN'T wait to get the new soak off Brisa! My local distributor told me that the gels are on their way :)
Can anyone tell me how the Brisa Lite files? Is it rubbery like other soak offs (Entity, Bio?)

1) Yes, I screwed up and put the wrong smoothing kits on. Specifically I didn't put on the smoothing kits in the limited edition bag, I put on the ones that are currently in transit to us (that do not have bags). This is why they were showing up as not in stock last night.

2) My Squarehouse manager just told me that any "unbagged" smoothing kits that were ordered last night (there was a quantity of non bagged kits) have been transferred to the bagged ones. In other words: If you DID manage to order a smoothing kit, it will come to you bagged.

3) Everything on the site is now correct. The rest of S2 fixed my breaks :)

4) I have just gone down to view the kit contents of the kits in the Sweet Shop. A workbook is listed, but a DVD is not. I THOUGHT it came with one so either it didn't make it into these kits, or it didn't make it on the packaging list. Either way I am pretty sure that the videos are available on cnd.com

5) I promised the team not to interfere anymore :)

Hope that helps.

So I bought a non bagged kit this morning. Does this mean I won't be getting my kit straight away like all the bagged kits? (Really confused now???)

I only do nails on Saturdays and Sundays. I have a full-time college librarian gig during the week. I know...yawns. Anyhooo....normally by mid-day on Sunday my Shellac has separated from my natural nails due to their weak, bendy state coupled with hours of my nails being in water and acetone. But not this weekend!

I Shellac'd my nails as usual last week, with one exception. I added a layer of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. And do you know what? After 18 appointments which usually leave my Shellac looking like a hot mess by mid-day Sunday, my nails are perfectly pristine just like when I first did them last week. There's no separation from my natural nail at all!

The only thing I did differently was add Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I think I'm hooked.[/QUOTE
God it sounds fantastic. I can't wait ;)

Back