Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long would in total take if a clients come to soak off their brisa lite for a new application? :)

It depends on which Brisa Lite gel you are using.

Brisa Lite smoothing gel about 15 minutes

Brisa Lite Sculpting gel about 30 minutes for soak off after removing a bit of bulk by file first. But of course, you do not have to remove the Sculpting gel at all until you want to as it is for enhanced nails so can be infilled until you desire to remove it.with no natural nail buffing and no primer, no dry wiping etc. Very simple and short prep time (Or PEP time as we say at CND).

Both are prepared the same way

Hi Geeg I thought the brisa lite sculpting gel it last only 3 weeks and then you have to soak it off, so do you mean this is not the case and clients come back to you for infills? :)

Hi Geeg I thought the brisa lite sculpting gel it last only 3 weeks and then you have to soak it off, so do you mean this is not the case and clients come back to you for infills? :)

Yes that's right.... You can infill just like any other gel (although NO buffing of the natural nail... AT ALL) :) see... It's even more amazing than you already thought ;) xxx

Anyone having issues with lifting/chipping? Whenever I do Shellac on a client it lasts forever.... When I do it on myself, I'm lucky if it lasts a week. I used Brisa Light smoothing gel on myself twice and one or two nails chipped within a few days. Not sure why. I'm doing everything as far as prep, and application of the product. So frustrating that I personally can't enjoy wearing Shellac! :mad:

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the Brisa Lite. I can get a week out of shellac if I'm lucky due to weak very bendy nails (plus using my nails to peel micropore tape off ten times a day), I have used the smoothing gel and am well into my second week with No signs of chipping or lifting. I am hugely impressed and can't wait to use the sculpting gel.
Currently working full time and am booked in for a 121 at CND in April to brush up on my l&p skills so torn between practising that in my spare time and trying out the new Brisa, if only there were more days in the week I could play with my new stuff more lol.

Anyway huge thanks and a massive thumbs up to CND for this :)

Anyone having issues with lifting/chipping? Whenever I do Shellac on a client it lasts forever.... When I do it on myself, I'm lucky if it lasts a week. I used Brisa Light smoothing gel on myself twice and one or two nails chipped within a few days. Not sure why. I'm doing everything as far as prep, and application of the product. So frustrating that I personally can't enjoy wearing Shellac! :mad:
Lots of questions to answer!
Are you using the CND UV lamp?
Are you buying your CND products from Sweet Squared the official UK Master Distributor for CND?
Have you done a Shellac Class with a CND Education Ambassador?

If ever someone is having trouble, there is always one or more of these questions where the answer is, No.

Finally, 2 more questions.

How long have you been doing nails?
Are you a trained nail technician or just doing natural nail services?

Hi there

Just a quick question. I have applied the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel as a Gel Overlay to my nails, I've had it on about a week.

Im wanting to experiment with my new Shellac colours & nail art, but I really don't want to have to remove the Brisa Lite Gel if I can help it.

So my question is can I apply my Shellac over the top? Or is it a waste of time because it wont last? Obviously I would not do it this way on a paying client I would do my normal procedure and apply Brisa Lite Base, Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, Shellac Colours and Shellac Top Coat, but as its just on myself I wondered if I could save some time?

If not, then of course I will remove the Brisa Lite first and start from scratch.

Thank you

Hi there

Just a quick question. I have applied the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel as a Gel Overlay to my nails, I've had it on about a week.

Im wanting to experiment with my new Shellac colours & nail art, but I really don't want to have to remove the Brisa Lite Gel if I can help it.

So my question is can I apply my Shellac over the top? Or is it a waste of time because it wont last? Obviously I would not do it this way on a paying client I would do my normal procedure and apply Brisa Lite Base, Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, Shellac Colours and Shellac Top Coat, but as its just on myself I wondered if I could save some time?

If not, then of course I will remove the Brisa Lite first and start from scratch.

Thank you

Of course you can do it ... I would give the surface a quick block buff first to reduce shine and clean the surface with a quick rub with DSperse and off you go. Why wouldn't it last? I don't see why it shouldn't.

Of course you can do it ... I would give the surface a quick block buff first to reduce shine and clean the surface with a quick rub with DSperse and off you go. Why wouldn't it last? I don't see why it shouldn't.

lol I don't know, I was assuming as I was kinda going about it in a backwards fashion that perhaps it wouldnt! Great stuff, I best get cracking then :biggrin:

Is there a cover pink? Or is the neutral pink quite opaque? I use NSI at the moment and have been for about a year. I tend to use a cover pink on most nails to hide imperfections and extend the nail bed. I've been looking into the Brisa Lite system but can only see one pink and can't see if its opaque or not? Thank you.

Is there a cover pink? Or is the neutral pink quite opaque? I use NSI at the moment and have been for about a year. I tend to use a cover pink on most nails to hide imperfections and extend the nail bed. I've been looking into the Brisa Lite system but can only see one pink and can't see if its opaque or not? Thank you.

Neutral pink hides most nail imperfections nicely. I wouldn't say it's completely opaque, probably not quite enough to cover a greenie (which I think is just the right amount of coverage!) it looks great and natural and does the job!

Anyone else still wondering what the extra buttons are for on the UV Lamp??

Can't WAIT for April xx

Yes....I am wondering. I was sure BL would give us that answer but no!!

More exciting CND revelations to come!

Lots of questions to answer!
Are you using the CND UV lamp?
Are you buying your CND products from Sweet Squared the official UK Master Distributor for CND?
Have you done a Shellac Class with a CND Education Ambassador?

If ever someone is having trouble, there is always one or more of these questions where the answer is, No.

Finally, 2 more questions.

How long have you been doing nails?
Are you a trained nail technician or just doing natural nail services?

Hi Geeg, thanks for the reply. Yes to the first 2 questions and no to the 3rd. I need to take a class. I don't do enhancements or nail art. I mainly do natural manicures and pedicures. I know how to apply L&P and Gel. I used to do my own pink and white acrylics for years. I've never been officially trained for enhancements. I just have a certificate in Manis and Pedis with NSI using Sparitual. I am looking into taking the Brisa Light course with a CND Educator. It's just been hard getting a date and location that fits me. I have a 6 month old so it's hard. I've been mobile/independent for about 6 years.

Hey guys need some help.... I have a client I'm today with her own natural nails which are long so she doesn't need tips!! Iv just done the brisa lite sculpting course....I'm I better using brisa lite smoothing then shellac or brisa lite sculpting & then shellac? Xx

Do you need to smooth the surface?

I would just use the normal Shellac application. The Shellac Base Coat will smooth the surface of good natural nails and they are obviously long and strong already for no need for Brisa Lite by the sound of it.

My client is very heavy handed & normally has liquid & powder overlay with shellac! So she needs something underneath shellac, do you think the brisa smoothing will be strong enough?

Neutral pink hides most nail imperfections nicely. I wouldn't say it's completely opaque, probably not quite enough to cover a greenie (which I think is just the right amount of coverage!) it looks great and natural and does the job!

Hi thanks for your reply. Would you say it's opaque enough to extend the nail bed on people with small nail beds?

My client is very heavy handed & normally has liquid & powder overlay with shellac! So she needs something underneath shellac, do you think the Brisa smoothing will be strong enough?

If she is wanting the same strength as L&P then no, the smoothing gel will not achieve that and is not made to achieve that.

But you said she has long natural nails! What you are saying is confusing.

If the client now has natural nails that are long, then heavy handed or not, she must be able to cope with long nails that are natural. If that IS the case then Shellac on its own or Shellac plus the Smoothing gel SHOULD be ample. But If she is wanting the strength of an enhancement then she will need the BL Sculpting gel. This is really something you and the client should discuss and come to an agreement together.

Her natural nails are long because she normally has a liquid & powder over lay so her natural nails are not that strong, but was going to be using brisa today as she works at my work so she was letting me practise the brisa so I was just wondering what would be better sculpting or smoothing

Latest posts

Back