Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her natural nails are long because she normally has a liquid & powder over lay so her natural nails are not that strong, but was going to be using brisa today as she works at my work so she was letting me practise the brisa so I was just wondering what would be better sculpting or smoothing

I think my post above answers the question. :hug: You are the technician and have been goven all the options ... now I think you have to work it out together. If she wants strength then it has to be the BL Sculpting gel.

Hi thanks for your reply. Would you say it's opaque enough to extend the nail bed on people with small nail beds?

If you mean opaque enough to use on a tip & overlay then yes! Of course blend the tip :)

BL pink sculpting gel is amazing! On one hand it looks super natural and on the other it has a quite a coverage. I sculpted extensions with the pink only (client didn't want French) and it looked super good. It's also pink (well, of course) but not too pink. Very nice neutral color!

Absolutely you can ... I've used it for my own in exactly that way; as Anna says, it covers surprisingly well while still have a translucency to it which in my opinion makes it more attractive than some of these opaques that I've seen that look very 'flat' and uninteresting with no depth.

Absolutely you can ... I've used it for my own in exactly that way; as Anna says, it covers surprisingly well while still have a translucency to it which in my opinion makes it more attractive than some of these opaques that I've seen that look very 'flat' and uninteresting with no depth.
Thats what it is. It has depth. It doesn't look like a chewing gum stuck on the nail ;)

Thats what it is. It has depth. It doesn't look like a chewing gum stuck on the nail ;)

I knew you would 'get it', Anna. So many just don't get it. Beauty is a strange thing and creating beauty for me is a huge part of what I DO. That DEPTH we are talking about makes all the difference between beauty and just plain looking fake.

Lovely thank you. I don't want it completely opaque, just as you've described. I just don't want the nail to have a shadow where I've extended the nail bed. Thank you.

Hello I was just wondering if someone could help please. My other half is a nail biter and I am always nagging him to stop. I was wondering if I could use the brisa lite smoothing gel on him but he doesn't want it to be shiny. So was wondering what will be the best way to remove the shine from it. Thank you x

Hello I was just wondering if someone could help please. My other half is a nail biter and I am always nagging him to stop. I was wondering if I could use the brisa lite smoothing gel on him but he doesn't want it to be shiny. So was wondering what will be the best way to remove the shine from it. Thank you x

I tried it on my husband's toes and it worked brilliantly. I just gently buffed the finish with a white block. It doesn't take much effort at all. My husband couldn't believe how good they looked - he thought his nails looked photoshopped as they were so perfect and even looking. Definitely give it a try and take some before and after pics. HTH. :)

Great thank you and I will do they are terrible. X

Just want to clarify something... Brisa lite sculpting gel...

If applying with clear tips would you:
PEP
Cuticle away
Deactivate cuticle away
Apply, cut and shape tips
Remove surface shine off tips only
Then scrub fresh natural nail only
Then begin applying BL base coat

Is this the correct process? Also, would you seal the free edge with just the base and top coat?

Just want to clarify before I have a little practise on my sister in law :)

Thanks

Xxx

Just want to clarify something... Brisa lite sculpting gel...

If applying with clear tips would you:
PEP
Cuticle away
Deactivate cuticle away
Apply, cut and shape tips
Remove surface shine off tips only
Then scrub fresh natural nail only
Then begin applying BL base coat

Is this the correct process? Also, would you seal the free edge with just the base and top coat?

Just want to clarify before I have a little practise on my sister in law :)

Thanks

Xxx

Sounds good to me ... seal edges with everything.

My kit arrived today and realised I forgot to order nail forms lol x

Quick question! Can u mix Brisa lite sculpting gel with Brisa top coat and use it as a gel polish? I ask bc there is a color I havent figured out how to make with Shellac and additives. It's a light flat mint green. Pastel even. Anyway, bc I love CND, I was curious if u could:

1. mix a little of the Brisa Lite White sculpting gel with the brisa lite top coat to create a chalky base to the color with a thinner consistency.
2. Add a smidge of additives to create the mint color.
3. Apply as follows: Brisa lite base, mixed color, and Brisa lite top coat.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Lol All thoughts are welcomed!!! :) :) :D

You can only try these things! Right? Chemically they should be compatible. But have you seen the new Shellac minty green in the Spring colour collection?

I would think that using that as your base colour you could mix and use the additives to get that matte look and colour you want.

Quick question! Can u mix Brisa lite sculpting gel with Brisa top coat and use it as a gel polish? I ask bc there is a color I havent figured out how to make with Shellac and additives. It's a light flat mint green. Pastel even. Anyway, bc I love CND, I was curious if u could:

1. mix a little of the Brisa Lite White sculpting gel with the brisa lite top coat to create a chalky base to the color with a thinner consistency.
2. Add a smidge of additives to create the mint color.
3. Apply as follows: Brisa lite base, mixed color, and Brisa lite top coat.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Lol All thoughts are welcomed!!! :) :) :D

To make mint green with Shellac do 1 studio white, 1 Limeade and 1 Romantique :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Great!!! Thank u all I will try both!! ;)

Please excuse this probably quite silly question from some one who as yet doesn't do enhancements. If you were using brisa lite to sculpt then add shellac colour on top, could you just sculpt with the clear gel? X

Latest posts

Back