Bubbling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh158

Reaction score
Hi
Had a client for minx. Had them done to go to turkey. She emailed me yesterday to say that they had 'bubbled' during the 1st week?!? I e never had a client have trouble abroad before. Can't think what would cause it. Could it be maybe suntan oil exaggerating the heat on them? I'm really stumped. Always tell clients to be aware that minx are removed with heat and to be aware of tight shoes and the obvious when just been in the sun etc. What can this be? I've told her I am happy to do a new set for half price but to be honest that's because I'm absolutely stumped. Was it something I did. It wasn't a metallic design. It was the multicoloured kind of blended stripe design (sorry can't think of the name) . Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thankyou

Just posting again to put up top. Any advice please? X

Well it sounds to me like there was intense heat in Turkey & the problem wasnt yours at all !! Put it down to experience.

Just be conscious in future if clients are going on holiday that you tell them in extreme heat they will bubble & lift & therefore unlikely to last the duration so cant be guaranteed.... Simply put there is nothing that you could have done differently except have prepared your customer better with the likely performance of minx in intense hot climates.. Saving yourself time & money having to replace her a set for half price.... :z

Well it sounds to me like there was intense heat in Turkey & the problem wasnt yours at all !! Put it down to experience.

Just be conscious in future if clients are going on holiday that you tell them in extreme heat they will bubble & lift & therefore unlikely to last the duration so cant be guaranteed.... Simply put there is nothing that you could have done differently except have prepared your customer better with the likely performance of minx in intense hot climates.. Saving yourself time & money having to replace her a set for half price.... :z

Thanks for the reply. Suppose the heat is more intense there. Will tell her this on her next visit, and everyone else in the future. Cheers x

A friend told me that nail harmony kooky wraps last better on clients going on hol? Maybe just hear say. I def agree with the above - the same with minx on fingers, not your fault when they do dishes in hot water and one lifts! I did a replacement a few weeks ago, 3 days after she had minx fingers one came off doing dishes- no marigolds & hot water - she paid for the replacement. Cruel but we cant be blamed when thats the science of applying minx!

If I were you, I would do them for half price but while doing them, tell her you spoke to other pro's and it is a fact this happens in v hot climates, so she knows she shouldn't really be getting half price set but because you are nice you're doing it ;o)

If the problem has been caused by the intense heat & the client was not warned this might happen & given the choice whether or not to go ahead with the treatment then I feel she would be entitled to compensation.

We cannot expect a client to suffer because of our lack of knowledge or experience. If some new information comes along, compensate the client for their inconvenience but remember for the future. The big question here is, was the extreme heat the cause?

If the problem has been caused by the intense heat & the client was not warned this might happen & given the choice whether or not to go ahead with the treatment then I feel she would be entitled to compensation.

We cannot expect a client to suffer because of our lack of knowledge or experience. If some new information comes along, compensate the client for their inconvenience but remember for the future. The big question here is, was the extreme heat the cause?

I tell everyone it will lift with heat whether thats on holiday, in tight shoes (feet swell up and get sweaty and hot!!) and in bath etc. Aslong as we inform that, we are covered...in my eyes! The same way i tell my eyelash clients not to use oil based products ie mascara or remover as theyll come out :-/

Latest posts

Back