Callus Peel Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I have had my callus peel kit now for a few months and to be honest haven' really had many requests for it, but in the last two weeks I have had 2 people have the treatment. Both times the results were very disappointing to say the least.

I had to really scrub to get rid of any of the hard skin, I might as well have just done a pedicure for the amount of hard graft I had to put into it.

I did leave the peel on for about 25 minutes. I have another client tomorrow and I don't want yet another disappointing result. Another thing I have found is that the pads in a couple of the packs when I have opened them have been black inside!!

any ideas as to why this may be happening and how I can get around it.

Last edited:
Just a quick update, I have phone beauty select and they said they had a problem with batch number 2, so it could be this. they are sending me some new ones out today.

Still would be interested to know if anyone else if having problems.

Hopefully the new batch will be better!

I haven't had any problems as such with it, although on really rough heels it needs alot longer, about 45 mins or so then a good file to get them lovely and smooth. Still easier than a normal pedi tho and softness lasts alot longer too.

hey

yeah i got callus peel - i'm worried now i got mine yesterday and i'm gonna be using it on my mom tomorrow for her birthday to get her feet ready for the summer

:eek:

what problems have you experienced with it?

Just a quick update, I have phone beauty select and they said they had a problem with batch number 2, so it could be this. they are sending me some new ones out today.

Still would be interested to know if anyone else if having problems.

how do you know if you have dodgy batch number 2?

I think batch number 2 was from a good few months ago, I have had my callus peel kit for about 9 months now so I am sure we are well past batch 2 by now.

do you soak the feet first or just apply the pads?

although on really rough heels it needs alot longer, about 45 mins or so .

Crikey - a lot longer than the 15 mins claimed then.

I haven't used mine yet - but its ready and waiting for me for my first client when i open my new studio. Maybe I better roadtest on me first!

Hi After wiping the feet with sanitiser apply the patches on dry skin. :)

I havnt had the problems of not being able to get all the rough dead skin off the clients feet, on both occassions I used it I got great results, but both clients have been dissapointed with how long their feet feel soft and smooth. Both said that within 24 hours they felt rough and dry again. Anyone else had this, or any advice please.

I havnt had the problems of not being able to get all the rough dead skin off the clients feet, on both occassions I used it I got great results, but both clients have been dissapointed with how long their feet feel soft and smooth. Both said that within 24 hours they felt rough and dry again. Anyone else had this, or any advice please.

I did wonder when I saw a demo at Excel how much of what was being filed off was actually from the patch rather than the dry skin as it looked orange!

I am interested in this, what is it..

what do the pads do,,

I am interested in this, what is it..

what do the pads do,,

They are meant to contain AHAs which help to soften the skin so that filing (with the provided foot file) is easier.

we have had callus peel since excel this year we opened our spa on the 18th march and have already done 5-7 treatments i think.
we have the poster in a couple of the windows 2 ladies already re-booked for their next treatment so its going down well at our place i always advise clients that have a fair amount of callus that they will need to rebook for further treatments although on the whole they are generally really pleased when they leave the first time! and i tell them if they want to keep their feet soft they will have to look after their feet in between treatments with moisturisers etc which provides a great opportunity for retailing but thats just me HTH xx

I did wonder when I saw a demo at Excel how much of what was being filed off was actually from the patch rather than the dry skin as it looked orange!

What looked orange exactly? the patch you put on isnt orange its white with a clear gel like treatment on it!!

anyways we like it and have ordered more!!

thanks, i was confussed about pads I thought they were like patches (dont ask) I having a dumb day today.

What looked orange exactly? the patch you put on isnt orange its white with a clear gel like treatment on it!!

anyways we like it and have ordered more!!

The stuff coming off! Maybe my friend just had mankey feet but what was coming off definitely had an orange tinge! I take it back if the pads are clear!! :) If it works then it's very impressive but it's a shame if the results don't last but I guess with any hard skin removal you need to follow it up with homecare.

Last edited:
The stuff coming off! Maybe my friend just had mankey feet but what was coming off definitely had an orange tinge!

LOL i wouldnt like to comment hun but the stuff is definately clear when it goes on!!!

Latest posts

Back